No announcement yet.

How to Stop An Exploding Man (123)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one thing that hasn't been revealed...wasn't it insinuated taht mama peterelli had powers? didn't she say something to claire about knowing what it was like?

what if mama's powers are how nathan survives?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
      As for Hiro in the past - what if he (Hiro) is Kensei? Would make for some interesting stuff wouldn't it?
      Actually, Through an easter egg on www.yamagatofellowship.org it is revealed that...
      Spoiler:

Kaito Nakamura is actually Takezo Kensei.

If you click on this link:
      http://www.yamagatofellowship.org/comingsoon.shtml
      And mouse over the picture of Kensei (providing you are using IE), you'll see a caption that reads Kaito Nakamura
      Last edited by Buddhawasanancient; 22 May 2007, 01:13 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
        Actually, Through an easter egg on www.yamagatofellowship.org it is revealed that...
        Spoiler:

And mouse over the picture of Kensei (providing you are using IE), you'll see a caption that reads Kaito Nakamura
        Very interesting. Thanks.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
          Surviving radiation and surviving a GIGANTINORMOUS THERMONUCLEAR EXPLOSION are two very different things.
          And yet in the dark future, Peter exploded, taking out most of NYC, and survived that one. Seems like it isn't very different after all when you're the mutant giving off the radiation.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
            Spoiler:

My jaw will be slack for hours. Then there's the wicked grandfather paradox s*** that could happen between Hiro and Kensei. I hope that Hiro becomes like X-Men's Nightcrawler. (Awesome character in X2) We still need to find out about Papa Nakamura's and Mama Petrelli's powers.
            But I still don't understand why Peter didn't take Nathan's powers and fly away?
            Matthew Parkman = IDIOT What self-respecting cop goes into a firefight without a bullet-proof vest?
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Yeh my guess is that Nathan flew him up and then flew away!!

But we all know Peter can survive because of "Five Years Gone", he survived that so why can't he survive again!!
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                But I still don't understand why Peter didn't take Nathan's powers and fly away?
                Peter already could fly.

Up until he started to glow, he thought (hoped) Sylar was the bomb and he had to stop him. Then, after the meltdown started, he was way out of control. He couldn't fly, couldn't stop himself from exploding, etc..

Maybe absorbing Sylar's powers on top of Ted's made him unable to stop it this time??

Peter did have a line of dialogue that stated he was unable to use his powers, but I think the writers could have made it plainer.
                Last edited by Jace021903; 22 May 2007, 03:01 PM.
                Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

As Peter himself said when his hands started glowing, "I can't control it! I can't control anything!"

If he was beyond the ability to control the nuke power, he was beyond the ability to control his flight capability, too. Or anything else, for that matter.

Comment

I think Sylar was pulled away by the guy who's supposed to be worse than Sylar. Peter isn't dead...we know that he can survive the blast, but Nathan on the other hand, what was he thinking, and Simone's father what is his power, it's absolutely amazing. Was it the same as Peter's?

Comment

I assume Simone's father had the dream/dream-related power, which would explain Peter's dreams of flight, his encounter with Dad and various other little bits. It also explains how Dad knew he was there.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient View Post
                        ...and Simone's father what is his power, it's absolutely amazing. Was it the same as Peter's?
                        I think it has something to do with dreams. Similar to Isaac's, in that his dreams could show snippets of the future. It's the first power Peter ever absorbed, when you stop to think about it...
                        Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                        What have these years left to me?
                        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

i'm still newish to this show. i had to look up who some of the ppls' names were just to follow this thread.

i *really* liked the season finale! while i think sylar is a kickbutt villian, i'll understand if he's dead/killed off.

i don't know if i have a fave character yet, but peter is my least fave character for some reason. i think i just wish he were older or something for me to get into him.

i hope the mind reading cop isn't dead.

VERY original idea of having hiro travel to another time. him and ando are very cute together.

i tried the first ep and found i was underwelmed by the show, so i didn't try it again. now i wish i had. but i've watched, say, the last five eps, so i'm doing good.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            As Peter himself said when his hands started glowing, "I can't control it! I can't control anything!"

If he was beyond the ability to control the nuke power, he was beyond the ability to control his flight capability, too. Or anything else, for that matter.
                            maybe he can only use one power at a time. and with the radiation one taking over, none of his other worked
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The more I think about it the more I think Nathan and Peter won't be dead. Peter for obvious reasons. We know volumn 2 is about generations. The only real generations we have on the show is the Nakamura family and the Petrelli family, so I can't see the writers killing off the Nathan since is an intergral part of the generations.

Comment

I assume Simone's father had the dream/dream-related power, which would explain Peter's dreams of flight, his encounter with Dad and various other little bits
                                I want to believe that because that is also the theory I'm subscribing to BUT he had the prophetic dream of Nathan getting in the car accident BEFORE he ever met Charles. Unless that's a plot inconsistency...*EDIT* Now that i think about it, Maybe Charles was over to the house, since Peter's parents were obviously close with him, before Peter became his nurse. But it seemed like last night that when Peter was in that dream and saw himself talking to Charles, it seemed like they were meeting for the first time. I don't know...

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                                The more I think about it the more I think Nathan and Peter won't be dead. Peter for obvious reasons. We know volume 2 is about generations. The only real generations we have on the show is the Nakamura family and the Petrelli family, so I can't see the writers killing off the Nathan since is an intergral part of the generations.
                                I have this feeling that Volume Two isn't going back to this time period at all. Tim Kring said on a live blog last night that the first half of season 2 would be volume two which picks up with Hiro in Japan 1671, and after the hiatus (and Origins) would be volume three. I think since volume two is entitled Generations, that it will cut between Hiro in the past and the 1970's with Thompson, Kaito, the Petrelli's, Linderman, etc. I know this would pi** alot of people off, not knowing if Peter, Nathan, and Sylar, survive till the middle of next season, but I'm kinda hoping they do this. It would be great to see the story from the older generation's side...
                                Last edited by Buddhawasanancient; 22 May 2007, 07:41 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X