How to Stop An Exploding Man (123)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
    I have this feeling that Volume Two isn't going back to this time period at all. Tim Kring said on a live blog last night that the first half of season 2 would be volume two which picks up with Hiro in Japan 1671, and after the hiatus (and Origins) would be volume three. I think since volume two is entitled Generations, that it will cut between Hiro in the past and the 1970's with Thompson, Kaito, the Petrelli's, Linderman, etc. I know this would pi** alot of people off, not knowing if Peter, Nathan, and Sylar, survive till the middle of next season, but I'm kinda hoping they do this. It would be great to see the story from the older generation's side...
    I wouldn't really be surprised if this is what happens. And if that is the case, as long as the stories remain at the high quality they've been, I won't mind one bit. As long as we eventually find out what happens to everyone else from the end of Volume 1.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Great episode and a good ending to the season.

I´m a bit bummed out that Nathan is appearently dead but since this is a superhero show they can always bring him back, especially since his brother can in theory go back in time and teleport Nathan to safety just before the explosion happens.

I´m a bit conflicted about Syler, on the one hand I think he´s a great villian and I can´t imagine the writers coming up with anyone better but on the other hand it would be incredibly lame if Syler survived, crawled into a sewer and nobody noticed. At the very least someone should have noticed a bit later that his body was gone and commented on it.

Comment

ok not to sound stupid...but why didnt Peter just fly away himself...?
        instead of getting nathen to do it? peter can fly because he absorbed that power...meh confusing
        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
          ok not to sound stupid...but why didnt Peter just fly away himself...?
          instead of getting nathen to do it? peter can fly because he absorbed that power...meh confusing
          Peter´s powers were going into overload and he couldn´t control them anymore. If Peter had stil had control of his powers he wouldn´t have exploded in the first place

The real question is why didn´t Hiro teleport right back there and teleport Peter away? I suppose Hiro might not have that accurate control of his powers...

And why not just shot Peter and hope that would stop the overload? Peter would recover from the bullet in his brain quickly and if he started to go nuclear again they could just kill him again and stick something into his brain til they got him to a safe place.

But the people on the spot don´t have the luxury of thinking everything through, they simply have to make snap decisions which they might change given time to think.

Comment

The final ep of season 1 was pretty good imo. Not as action packed as i was expecting, but everything came together nicely

What i liked:

-Nikki finally learns to harness and control her super strength without Jessica
            -Nathan saved Peter in the end and flies him away
            -Mr Bennett not killing Molly. Looks like she and Micah might become good friends
            -Hiro saving Ando, overcoming his fears, and then killing Sylar
            -All the Heroes having to work together at the end to kill/weaken Sylar
            -Molly hinting of a worse villian than Sylar Guess he will feature in season 2

Didn't really like the fight scene between Peter and Sylar. Had been building up for a while, but ended too quickly

Other interesting things are Peters dream/flashback/alternate reality or whatever you want to call it where he sees his mother talking to Simone's father. I liked it how he explains that the world needed Heart (Peter) more than it did strength (Nathan).

Also want to know who dragged Sylar's body down into the sewers. Perhaps the guy Molly mentioned?

Funny how Hiro went back in time to Ancient Japan.

Hope Parkman survives, but it would be doubtful since he took so many bullets. Also cant wait to find out what happened to Nathan and Peter, and whether they live somehow...

8.5/10 imo. I'd give the season 9/10 though. Best new show of the year imo
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              one thing that hasn't been revealed...wasn't it insinuated taht mama peterelli had powers? didn't she say something to claire about knowing what it was like?
              Maybe she's actually the Uhura beast, or whatever, that Molly mentions?
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post

And why not just shot Peter and hope that would stop the overload? Peter would recover from the bullet in his brain quickly and if he started to go nuclear again they could just kill him again and stick something into his brain til they got him to a safe place.

But the people on the spot don´t have the luxury of thinking everything through, they simply have to make snap decisions which they might change given time to think.
                I think that Peter and Claire figured out that if she shot him at just the right spot, he wouldn't survive it--both Claire and Peter died after getting impaled in that same spot earlier in the series.

Which sort of seems odd since they came back after the object were removed from their heads .

But they must have thought that a bullet would kill him for good because Claire was having a very hard time pulling the trigger. So Nathan flew his brother away to save him from being killed by Claire while also saving the world.
                Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

I've been wondering why they tranquilized Sprague but never tried that with Peter.
                  Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

Originally posted by tace View Post
                    I've been wondering why they tranquilized Sprague but never tried that with Peter.
                    A tranq would propably not even slow Peter down since the regen ability would most likely purge it from his system quickly.

Shooting him however should just have resulted in a temporary death and just can´t see why that wasn´t a better option then Nathan flying away with him (other then that being more dramatic).

Comment

Why does everyone think Parkman is dead?

If you look closer when the bullets hit him you can tell he is wearing a vest and no blood appears.

And as for Peter's dreaming powers could they be his mothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jace021903 View Post
                        I think that Peter and Claire figured out that if she shot him at just the right spot, he wouldn't survive it--both Claire and Peter died after getting impaled in that same spot earlier in the series.

Which sort of seems odd since they came back after the object were removed from their heads .

But they must have thought that a bullet would kill him for good because Claire was having a very hard time pulling the trigger. So Nathan flew his brother away to save him from being killed by Claire while also saving the world.
                        I think it has to do with interrupting the connection between the brain and the brain stem. The healing power seems like an automatic function--she's injured and she heals without controlling it. Otherwise she'd be able to hold off healing in front of someone so they wouldn't know she had the ability.

If she shot him as he was asploding and managed to hit the sweet spot then how could they ever bring him back? I guess Claire could be there to do it and survive the blast? Though it might be difficult to carry the body somewhere isolated--but Hiro could teleport him. How gruesome would that be?
                        Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

Originally posted by Gawaine View Post

If you look closer when the bullets hit him you can tell he is wearing a vest and no blood appears.

I saw blood on his shirt. I thought he was wearing a vest at first, too.

The dreaming powers may have come from Simone's father. Remember how she had a dream when her father died, and he told her Peter was special?

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                          A tranq would propably not even slow Peter down since the regen ability would most likely purge it from his system quickly.
                          Ah! Good point.

Comment

Showing the beginning of Volume 2 was great.
                            I know how Sylar can become unstoppable: by taking the genes of a cockroach!
                            Maybe Peter will lose the weird hairstyle by next season.
                            Nathan doesn't have to die. He could probably escape the blast (not the radiation) from Peter exploding.
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I don't know why someone didn't just shoot Peter. There's only one place you can hit him that means he won't come back, that leaves plenty of other places to hit to kill him temporarily or at least shock him out of going nuclear.

Unless they didn't do it for the same reason Peter couldn't fly: he couldn't control any of his powers. Maybe he couldn't control the healing either and thus would have died dead if he'd been shot. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Gawaine View Post

Sylar flattened the bullets, making them sharp. Then he propelled them back into Matt. That kinda force, with jagged edges, kinda renders the vest useless?

Comment

Working...
                                X