Five Years Gone (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
    For those who point out that Hiro could just teleport out it is a good point, but we have yet to see the current Hiro manage to Teleport without accidentally time traveling too. I guess that's what bugs me in the comic. He just doesn't seem to come across in present time as being able to escape ground zero with the skills he currently has. Maybe that old comic page that he handed Ando will say otherwise though. I thought for sure when I first read the comic that Sylar was the exploding man originally, but when I saw that Peter and Nathan kept it a secret in the episode I wasn't sure anymore.

I would agree with your point about Linderman not finding out the identity until after Claire was saved. On the one hand I was thinking that he was the sort of person who would be thinking this out long ahead of time, but on the other hand he probably wouldn't have given a crap who actually did the exploding

However I still gotta disagree on the Sylar never meeting Peter issue. Although Mohinder may not have met Sylar at Zane's place in that timeline, that doesn't change the fact that Sylar eventually has to be in New York for everything to go down in the first place. If he's in New York and Peter is in New York when things are going down, I don't see how you can rule out that they'd meet. Plus we don't know why he'd be in New York if he didn't come back with Mohinder. It wasn't for Issac because he didn't seem to know the name and location until he found the comic page at Mohinder's place. But he still ended up in New York anyways.

Here's what it comes down to for me and it'll actually argue both sides of this. The time line course corrects when it's tampered with. Issac can't fight it. Hiro can't seem to do anything to it directly and needs someone else to interfere in that time. Best example of that course correction was Charlie with the tumor that was gonna kill her anyways. Now, this could also be used to say that someone had to explode so it changed from Sylar to Peter. But if Peter could be destined to be the exploding man, and even if he didn't save Claire and if Mohinder didn't bring him back to New York, if Sylar and Peter were destined to meet to set this in motion, they would meet no matter what.

In the end it's the course correction that keeps me from ever ruling anything out in that time line that we never saw.
    Not everything is corrected, like Claire dies in the original timeline and not in the current timeline. As for meeting up with Peter, I never said that they wont ever met, I just say that it won't be so soon. Furthermore, it shouldn't impact Peter as much right off the bat. Noting that when Peter first met Sylar it took a while before he went to coma to re-adjust his power, which means he could not have gone off straight away.

Also note that Peter has spend his life around people like his mother, Nathan and yet he has never discover nor lose control of his power. So it is quite obvious that only when he "uses" his power, it triggers the overload. Lets for argument sake says that Peter doesn't leave New York until the bombing occurs, which means he won't ever meet Sylar unless "he" comes to New York. For what reason would Sylar ever come to New York? There must be a fundamental reason, and it will involve at the very least two person -- Sylar and Ted, Sylar by himself couldn't have triggered the explosion, and if Ted is the only person there I don't think it'll force Peter to lose control.

So basically, if we put it mathematically:

Peter + Sylar <> bomb
    Sylar + Ted = Sylar is bomb
    Peter + Ted = Peter is bomb* (where if Peter uses his ability to trigger it)
    Peter + Sylar + Ted = Peter is bomb

There is too much co-incidence for them to all meet in the location prior to Hiro's intervention. So it is far more likely that Sylar killed Claire/Ted and then go ka-boom...

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
      I'm not sure about that. I'm thinking Peter needs to see someone use their power in order to gain it. Think about the powers have we seen Peter use: TK, Time Stop, Healing, Flying, Invisibility, Going through solid matter and firestarting (I may have forgotten one), the last 2 being Future Peter. The only one that was Sylar's was TK. Unless he did gain them all and we just haven't seen him use them yet.
      Peter didn't use any power to go through solid matter, Sylar yanked him through the wall, although after that I'm sure he could if he survived.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        Peter didn't use any power to go through solid matter, Sylar yanked him through the wall, although after that I'm sure he could if he survived.
        I'm fairly certain they both have the phasing power...
        sigpic

Comment

The only one that was Sylar's was TK. Unless he did gain them all and we just haven't seen him use them yet.
          Telekinesis was the only one of Syler's acquired powers that Peter saw, so maybe in Syler's case he needs to "see" the power to absorb it.
          I'm fairly certain they both have the phasing power...
          What makes you say that? We've never seen Peter use it.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
            What makes you say that? We've never seen Peter use it.
            I'm not sure. It's just an hunch. I figure with him being this close to Niki now, maybe he met DL b4 Sylar killed him. Also, Sylar stuck his hand through the door and Peter went through on the way back. If anything he acquired it right then and there just by being around Sylar when he used it otherwise Sylar would have pulled him into the door and not through it.
            sigpic

Comment

I think Sylar could have pulled anyone through the door. Just like his clothes can pass through or Claude can makes objects invisible that he's holding.

Although whether Peter already had the phasing ability or not, he certainly did after that.
              Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Something else I don't think I've seen mentioned yet: given Peter's conversation with Niki (it was Niki, right?) we now know that Jessica can be killed without killing Niki (and possibly vice versa). I'd love to know how that's possible. Is it simply a matter of "erasing" one personality or is it something more complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Something else I don't think I've seen mentioned yet: given Peter's conversation with Niki (it was Niki, right?) we now know that Jessica can be killed without killing Niki (and possibly vice versa). I'd love to know how that's possible. Is it simply a matter of "erasing" one personality or is it something more complicated?
                  Well it depends on what you think Jessica is. If you think she's the spirit of Niki's sister who somehow leapt into Niki when she died, I have no idea. However, if she's an alter in a DID case, then some form of therapy or an attempt to integrate the two personalities might work.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                    I think Sylar could have pulled anyone through the door. Just like his clothes can pass through or Claude can makes objects invisible that he's holding.
                    That's true. Much like Hiro and Peter can take people with them on Teleportation/ Time Travel just by holding on to them...

Also on a COMPLETELY unrelated note. I just thought of a great way for Peter to get ANY power he wants. Even if they are dead. As long as he knows who they are and where to find them he can travel back in time to meet them b4 they die to absorb their power. If I were Peter I'd be doing that constantly. hehe
                    sigpic

Comment

Also on a COMPLETELY unrelated note. I just thought of a great way for Peter to get ANY power he wants. Even if they are dead. As long as he knows who they are and where to find them he can travel back in time to meet them b4 they die to absorb their power. If I were Peter I'd be doing that constantly. hehe
                      Great idea! He could also do it invisibly so they wouldn't even know he was there and he wouldn't alter history in any way.
                      He could also steal Mohinder's list in the future which is undoubtedly more complete to make it really easy to find them.
                      Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Great idea! He could also do it invisibly so they wouldn't even know he was there and he wouldn't alter history in any way.
                        He could also steal Mohinder's list in the future which is undoubtedly more complete to make it really easy to find them.
                        Haha! perfect. I like the invisible idea. He can do it invisibly and while flying so as not to step on any bugs. I'd start with Eden. Her power can DEFINITELY come in handy...
                        Last edited by Buddhawasanancient; 05 May 2007, 08:03 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

What if present Peter learned how to use his Time Travel, then jumped into the far future when Peter is an old man and absorb all the powers he has collected from himself!
                          I wonder if he could do that... or would he only be able to absorb the empath part (which he couldn't do because he already has it) and not the individual abilities in future Peter's collection?

Wait... that wouldn't work. We know from episode 2 when Hiro went forward that he was missing for the time he skipped because it's a future that doesn't take into account his return trip. So if Peter jumped forward he would find a future without him.

But... if old man future Peter decided to Time Travel backwards he could give all his powers to present Peter

Comment

That's true. Much like Hiro and Peter can take people with them on Teleportation/ Time Travel just by holding on to them...

lol he should so do that!!!
                            I loved this episode, Peter was amazing, I love all his powers, but I think we should've seen a bit more about the fight between him and Sylar.
                            Claire's hair looked gorgeous, I guess eventually they didn't save the chearleader . Loved that she had a life and iwas getting married.
                            Hate the fact that Ando dies in the future, future Hiro was just so down. I hope the writers never make now Hiro like that, I love him way to much.
                            Loved the ep, hated the future. I really hope they can stop this from happening

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                              I loved this episode, Peter was amazing, I love all his powers, but I think we should've seen a bit more about the fight between him and Sylar.
                              Yeah, I was hoping for more there too.
                              But I'm ok with what we got because I'm hoping they were saving as much money as possible for the finale
                              There were a few times when it became obvious they took the cheap route for some of the effects. Like when Peter teleported Hiro and Ando away, the camera went behind something right at that moment so they could do a regular cut instead of putting the effect in. I hope that was to conserve money and not because they actually went over budget, then they can have heaps of money to spend in the finale

Comment

I was on board with this theory before but after watching some older episodes today, I'm not so sure. In "The Fix" when DL breaks into Niki's padded room he says, "I've got to find a way to get you out of here. I can walk in here any time I want right? I should be able to get you out" As he's saying this he's got his hand on the wall as if he doesn't know if he'd be able to just grab her and walk out. I don't know, maybe I'm misinterpreting it...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X