Brother's Keeper (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
    ......................................... He Could Be Brought Back .........................................
    They already explained that the power Peter had couldn't bring back the dead. Otherwise Jeremy could have brought his parents back to life.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
      Actually I was hating Hiro in this episode until he saved Suresh, now I like him again
      That was very good thinking on Hiro's part too.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        They already explained that the power Peter had couldn't bring back the dead. Otherwise Jeremy could have brought his parents back to life.
        Well, Claire can bring him back to life...

Comment

No she can't, HRG was only a 'little' dead while Nathan had this throat cut open, all his blood out, and lying in a bodybag for weeks.
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
            No she can't, HRG was only a 'little' dead while Nathan had this throat cut open, all his blood out, and lying in a bodybag for weeks.
            you get shot in the eye, the bullet shatters while in your skull, the shrapnel rips your brain to shreds and/or the bullet exit's your skull...i think that qualifies you as being pretty dead...

while the producers have mentioned that the healing ability can't bring the dead back, they've never said theres any kind of time limit on using someones bloods healing factor to bring someone back from the dead..but, who knows..

this is all beside the point though...fact is, Nathan's dead and while he's still around now, he likely wont play much of a role in future seasons...that is of course if the show even gets another season....

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
              this is all beside the point though...fact is, Nathan's dead and while he's still around now, he likely wont play much of a role in future seasons...that is of course if the show even gets another season....
              Agreed only because;
              Spoiler:
              the actor has left the show for good.

Comment

maybe using claire blood nathans dead will be alive but with his brain starved of oxegen he be brain dead, and then somehow lets say matt can push nathans thoughts from sylar into the new fresh brain dead nathan and maybe with abit of claire blood or another healing power he will be restored.

lol it could be possible
                sigpic

Comment

I want better writing for Hiro because this stuff is pitiful. Hiro makes a lot of jumps to get Charlie, then when he does he can't jump, and now he wonders if he can. Then after talking to Suresh, he could've just jumped back to get Samuel's attention from overhearing his brother's story and saved himself and Charlie and Suresh a whole lot of trouble.

Either Nathan's a mental giant compared to Parkman, or its going to take a week or two for Sylar to get situated in a new brain even if it is his own. Otherwise I can't see why Sylar isn't in control already.

Is it just Samuel that would magnify if in a group of powered people, or does this apply to any/all heroes? If it did apply to any/all, I'd thought someone would've noticed that happening by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    Agreed only because;
                    Spoiler:
                    the actor has left the show for good.
                    That still makes me kind of sad.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
                      I want better writing for Hiro because this stuff is pitiful. Hiro makes a lot of jumps to get Charlie, then when he does he can't jump, and now he wonders if he can. Then after talking to Suresh, he could've just jumped back to get Samuel's attention from overhearing his brother's story and saved himself and Charlie and Suresh a whole lot of trouble.

Either Nathan's a mental giant compared to Parkman, or its going to take a week or two for Sylar to get situated in a new brain even if it is his own. Otherwise I can't see why Sylar isn't in control already.

Is it just Samuel that would magnify if in a group of powered people, or does this apply to any/all heroes? If it did apply to any/all, I'd thought someone would've noticed that happening by now.
                      you got to admit though, hiro's story for this season so far is a hell of alot better then last season...for a big part of last season, he was pretty much useless...

i think Sylar not taking over automatically probably has to do with there being 2 personalities in 1 body...actually, 3 personalities if you count the 1 that developed while the body was at carnival and couldn't remember anything...eventually, Sylar will take over...i'm just wondering if it will still be the same "bad" Sylar we've known since the start of the series or if they'll be some change...

the way i took it is, only Samuel's powers are magnified by other's with abilities...the more people with abilities that are around him, the more powerful he becomes..atleast thats the way i understood it...

Comment

I think Hiro should have plopped Samuel in the middle of the Triassic and then gone back in one year intervals until he gave up where Charlie is.. as it is, he is going to be strung along permanently until Samuel has no more use for him.

Comment

so, nobodies pointed out the fact that Peter no longer has the healing ability..i wonder how they'll heal hiro now...i see 3 ways:

1. Peter finds another person with the healing ability
                          2. Peter is somehow able to retain more than 1 ability again
                          3. they use the same trick Sylar did for Charlie

there is a forth option, in which Hiro isn't healed and dies sometime later this season...

Comment

Couldn't Peter have brought back Nathen with his healing power? I mean, if he had known it was his brother, could be have brought him back to life?
                            It was explained that Jeremy could only restore full health of something / someone that was dying. When he shot Peter, Peter hadn't died, he was dying, and Jeremy 'restored' him to full health.

Nathan is completely dead, there is no life left in him, thus Peter, with Jeremy's power, wouldn't have been able to help, nomatter how much he may have wanted too.

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                            He is dying yet he wants to get back with his lost love. It doesn't make much sense. The one good thing si that Sylar isn't an encyclopedia.
                            Maybe Hiro just isn't thinking of himself? He loved / loves Charlie, therefore would have always wanted to save her from Sylar (even though he forgot about her).

In his death, he'd essentially die knowing that she'd be safe, and alive. Even though she isn't scheduled to return anytime soon. Makes you think if Samuel has actually trapped her in time, or whether he simply done away with her.

Well, Claire can bring him back to life...
                            No Comment Needed!

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                            you get shot in the eye, the bullet shatters while in your skull, the shrapnel rips your brain to shreds and/or the bullet exit's your skull...i think that qualifies you as being pretty dead...
                            I'd have to agree with boyd here. Noah was proper dead. Claire's blood healed him. Suffice to say, the producers should have never opened up that box. Dead should be dead, and it should remain that way. Blood should be able to heal, but not restore life from death. Noah has been the one and only exception to that.

I bet Sylar will be back in the next episode. By all accounts, the Petrelli family recieve a 'guest'. I can only think that this guest will be Sylar, hell bent on killing Angela.

My worse fear, is that Peter will try to stop that, and as such, Sylar will kill Peter whilst Angela flee's. Assuming it isn't Nathan, the producers have said that a character will be leaving the show. There has been nothing to say who it is / isn't, so it could even be Peter at this point, even though I'd have thought that Peter and Hiro are the two key male figures on the show at the moment.

[QUOTE=ZeroPoint;10857476]I want better writing for Hiro because this stuff is pitiful. Hiro makes a lot of jumps to get Charlie, then when he does he can't jump, and now he wonders if he can. Then after talking to Suresh, he could've just jumped back to get Samuel's attention from overhearing his brother's story and saved himself and Charlie and Suresh a whole lot of trouble.

We first need to assume that Sylar did actually pass back to Nathan. For all we know, Sylar could still be in Matt.

I know we saw that flash when their hands touched, but that could have been anything from a full swap, to a simple ability swap (to which, Sylar's body would now have the ability to control people's mind).

I've also seen a clip for the next episode, where Nathan and Peter are asking Angela about Nathan. Doesn't Nathan (or his body) have a live lie-detector?

I'm guessing only Samuel.

Like you've said, if it were others too, then they should have noticed. There is also the case that some powers wouldn't really be able to be enhanced. Say Claire joined up with Samuel, how can her power enhance?

i think Sylar not taking over automatically probably has to do with there being 2 personalities in 1 body...actually, 3 personalities if you count the 1 that developed while the body was at carnival and couldn't remember anything...eventually, Sylar will take over...i'm just wondering if it will still be the same "bad" Sylar we've known since the start of the series or if they'll be some change...
                            Providing Sylar is back in his body, I'd say that he is having the same problems he did with Matt. Two 'consciousnesses' fighting over one body.

I would expect there to be some sort of fight, with Nathan putting down the morals and such against Sylar, and then Sylar facing himself with more morals (his brainwashed self). Suffice to say, when Sylar regains full control (which he no doubt will), will he have the memories of him at the carnival, and if so, what then?

That'll be the interesting part in all of this.

the way i took it is, only Samuel's powers are magnified by other's with abilities...the more people with abilities that are around him, the more powerful he becomes..atleast thats the way i understood it...
                            A logical conclusion.

so, nobodies pointed out the fact that Peter no longer has the healing ability..i wonder how they'll heal hiro now...i see 3 ways:

1. Peter finds another person with the healing ability
                            2. Peter is somehow able to retain more than 1 ability again
                            3. they use the same trick Sylar did for Charlie

there is a forth option, in which Hiro isn't healed and dies sometime later this season...
                            To be honest, the only option which is likely is the last, although this is still 50/50. It depends if Hiro is the character they're going to kill off this season or not.

At this point, I doubt Peter is going to have anything to do with Hiro's healing. I doubt very much either, that Sylar would help him. Either Hiro is healed by another person, or the tumor that he has reverses itself somehow. This is Heroes afterall, and stranger things have been known to happen.

Edit: Also, when Renee met with Peter and Nathan in Nathan's office, shouldn't his power have turned off Nathan / Sylar's power, thus reverting him back to the state that is the confused Sylar?
                            sigpic
                            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                              Edit: Also, when Renee met with Peter and Nathan in Nathan's office, shouldn't his power have turned off Nathan / Sylar's power, thus reverting him back to the state that is the confused Sylar?
                              I don't think so. Personality isn't a part of a person's power. (Alliteration- I didn't even try! haha) The personality is a result of another person's power- That would be like saying that if Sylar shocked someone really badly with that lightning junk, and Renee walked into the room, the lightning wound would heal.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I'm at a loss as to why Hiro still doesn't understand the depth of his power.

Samuel hiding his love in the present, hardly seems sufficient to control the master of time and space. Samuel is not the only person who knows where she is... he's simply the only person who knows where she is NOW, and NOW is not a roadblock for Hiro.

Comment

Working...
                                X