Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A theory on Sylar and Peter's powers (S4 spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
    Well heck, if he wants to sell them, I'll take 'em...especially the flying and invisibility powers
    I'd pay loads for Claire's regeneration! It's the most practical.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

After found out he absorbed Sylar telekinesis, it got me thinking has Peter absorbed all of the other abilities that Sylar has stolen? I would think so, since he stole telekinesis, but Peter hasn't done anything with the other powers yet? Any Ideas?

: Green is Good.
      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

The producers have acknowledged that this is possible, not to mention Eden's persuasion and the Haitian's ability. But it's not likely that he'd be able to use some of the powers that aren't always active unless he sees them being used.

If and when Sylar and Peter face off, which is obviously going to happen, Peter will probably be able to turn anything Sylar throws at him back at him, especially since the only powers Sylar has that are really useful in a battle situation are telekinesis, his freezing ability and Ted's radiation, two of which Peter already has.
        Spoiler:
        Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Dont forget Peter also has Hiros Time Abilities thanks to meeting Future Hiro

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
            The producers have acknowledged that this is possible, not to mention Eden's persuasion and the Haitian's ability. But it's not likely that he'd be able to use some of the powers that aren't always active unless he sees them being used.

If and when Sylar and Peter face off, which is obviously going to happen, Peter will probably be able to turn anything Sylar throws at him back at him, especially since the only powers Sylar has that are really useful in a battle situation are telekinesis, his freezing ability and Ted's radiation, two of which Peter already has.
            Eden blew her head off before Sylar could take her ability....at least I think that's what happened.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
              Eden blew her head off before Sylar could take her ability....at least I think that's what happened.
              Yes but PETER met Eden before she did that. The problem with that is Peter didn't know she had an ability. He absorbed it just like the Haitian's, and all of Sylar's powers but because he doesn't know about them, it's like he doesn't have them. After Claude pushed him off that roof and he regenerated by thinking of Claire right before he hit, he figured out he has to remember each person as he was "calling out" his powers. So if he doesn't know a person has a power, he'll never know to use that power. Now that I think about it, once he realizes he has more powers via Sylar, he'll probably have to think about him AND the power to narrow it down...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                Yes but PETER met Eden before she did that. The problem with that is Peter didn't know she had an ability. He absorbed it just like the Haitian's, and all of Sylar's powers but because he doesn't know about them, it's like he doesn't have them. After Claude pushed him off that roof and he regenerated by thinking of Claire right before he hit, he figured out he has to remember each person as he was "calling out" his powers. So if he doesn't know a person has a power, he'll never know to use that power. Now that I think about it, once he realizes he has more powers via Sylar, he'll probably have to think about him AND the power to narrow it down...
                Good explanaiton, green for you. I was thinking about that too. Of course it makes sense that he can't use a power if he doesn't know who he got it from or who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                  Good explanaiton, green for you.
                  TY
                  sigpic

Comment

hey this isnt about peter leeching sylar but it is about peter leeching, what would peter get from nikki/jessica?

Comment

Originally posted by Plo Koon View Post
                      hey this isnt about peter leeching sylar but it is about peter leeching, what would peter get from nikki/jessica?
                      Probably just her Super-Strength. I have theory that her power has nothing to do with her "Split-Personality"...
                      sigpic

Comment

Probably just her Super-Strength. I have theory that her power has nothing to do with her "Split-Personality"...
                        I think her split personality, Jessica, uses the super strength because she is more confident than Nikki. Plus, why would Peter need super strength when he has telekinesis.

Comment

I agree that Nikki's power is just Super Strength.
                          But I think the split personality might be a result of Jessica's power. As in her sister who died when they were kids. It's likely Jessica had an ability too since they were sisters, so what if her ability was to actually possess other people. So when she was killed, her consciousness jumped into Nikki's mind.

I think Peter could only absorb the strength though. Jessica's power if she had one died with her body, and only her mind remains as a remnant. So Peter wouldn't be able to absorb that.

Or Nikki could just be crazy and created Jessica as a self defense mechanism. I like the possession possibility better though.
                          Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Heres an interesting guess, Peter gets Niki's alter ego ability turns bad and decides he wants to destroy the city.

I can pretty much guess that that wont ever happen but still its a possibility

Comment

Niki and Jessica do have two separate bodies that trade places. We know that because of the tattoo. If they were just two minds in a single body then the tattoo would nor vanish and reappear.

Comment

Peter really didn't see Claire use her superhealing powers before eh fell off the roof. He only felt the effects of it when being in her presence when he and Sylar fell, and quickly deduced that her power was superheal.

Comment

Working...
                                X