Heroes: ORIGINAL series News/discussion/articles & more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bryan Fuller talks 'Heroes' return, finale

Is Bryan Fuller the saviour of Heroes? Coming off two seasons of oft-derided storylines and dwindling ratings, the show was handed a lifeline when Fuller's own series - the acclaimed Pushing Daisies - was cancelled by ABC, allowing the exec to resume his Heroes writing duties. But how do you turn around such a large ship? We called up Bryan to get an insight into the show's woes.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/blog/tubetalk/

Comment

Director Producer Greg Beeman Let Go by NBC!?

Heroes Producer/Director Greg Beeman has just announced that he has been let go by NBC for financial reasons. This is of course is not a shocking move as lower ratings have led to less revenue for the show.

However, Beeman is a great director and was very accessible online having his own weekly BTS Heroes Blog. This is sad news and hopefully we do not see too many more folks let go.

Below is a little note from Beeman on his last Heroes Blog, usually we repost the blog and pictures here, but please visit his blog to read the whole post and show your support. In the blog he does say his good byes to the cast and crew

http://spoilertv-heroes.blogspot.com...let-go-by.html

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        Heroes - The SciFi Guys: Jack Coleman Audio Interview Apr 29 '09:

At the SciFi Guys:

DTRN is proud to announce the return of its flagship show, The Sci Fi Guys, for its 3rd season on Wednesday April 29th from 8pm (In association with Memorabilia) with special guest, Jack Coleman, Noah Bennett from Heroes!!

The audio download is now available.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Turns out that I don't get the package with G4 in it, so no repeats for me
          But there's still hope to catch up on the eps on Hulu.

I just need to know what was the episode where Sylar went to meet his father. Does anyone know that?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
            Turns out that I don't get the package with G4 in it, so no repeats for me
            But there's still hope to catch up on the eps on Hulu.

I just need to know what was the episode where Sylar went to meet his father. Does anyone know that?
            Shades of Gray (319)

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Shades of Gray (319)
              What a great episode that was.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

'Heroes' star 'would love to direct'

Adrian Pasdar has revealed that he would love the opportunity to direct an episode of Heroes.

The actor, who plays Nathan Petrelli in the sci-fi series, told the official Heroes magazine that he would be "thrilled" to jump behind the camera.

"If we can make it work in the not too distant future, I'd be more than thrilled to jump in and direct," he said.

"These people are now my friends as well as my peers, so I'd just love to work with them in a directorial capacity. I understand this show well and have a great respect for the people I work with. I'd love the opportunity to be on that side of the camera and work with them in that way."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...to-direct.html

Comment

Heroes -Blu-ray & DVD Announcements for Season 3 Include Date & Detailed Extras

Heroes Season 3 will be shipping on September 1st, releasing day-and-date on both DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc. You'll get both the "Volume 3: Villains" and "Volume 4: Fugitives" storylines that include new cast members Brea Grant ("Daphne") and Željko Ivanek ("Danko").

Heroes - Season 3 on DVD:
                  6 discs, 1066 minutes
                  $59.98 SRP
                  Anamorphic Widescreen
                  English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
                  English, French and Spanish Subtitles
                  Bonus Material (spoiler tabs for size):
                  Spoiler:
                  Commentary The Second Coming with Creator/Executive Producer Tim Kring, Executive Producer/Episode Director Allan Arkush and Series Star Adrian Pasdar
                  Commentary The Butterfly Effect with Executive Producer/Episode Director Greg Beeman and Series Stars James Kyson Lee and Brea Grant
                  Commentary One of Us, One of Them with Series Stars Cristine Rose and Milo Ventimiglia
                  Commentary I Am Become Death with Series Stars Greg Grunberg and Jamie Hector
                  Commentary Angels and Monsters with Episode Director Anthony Hemmingway and Co-Executive Producers Adam Armus & Kay Foster
                  Commentary Dying of the Light with Series Star Sendhil Ramamurthy, Staff Writer Christopher Zatta and Executive Story Editor Chuck Kim
                  Commentary Eris Quod Sum with Director of Photography Charlie Lieberman, Editor Scott Boyd and Series Star James Kyson Lee
                  Commentary Villains with Executive Producer/Episode Director Allan Arkush and Series Star Jack Coleman
                  Commentary It’s Coming with Series Star Blake Shields and Director of Photography Charlie Lieberman
                  Commentary The Eclipse: Part 1 with Executive Producer/Episode Director Greg Beeman and Series Star Sendhil Ramamurthy
                  Commentary The Eclipse: Part 2 with Series Stars Cristine Rose & Greg Grunberg
                  Commentary Our Father with Series Stars Masi Oka & Brea Grant
                  Commentary Dual with Series Star Zachary Quinto and Special Effects Supervisor Gary D’Amico
                  Commentary A Clear and Present Danger with Creator/Executive Producer Tim Kring and Series Stars Milo Ventimiglia & Greg Yaitanes
                  Commentary Trust and Blood with Executive Producer/Episode Director Allan Arkush and Writer Mark Verheiden
                  Commentary Building 26 with Art Director Sandy Getzler and Production Designer Ruth Ammon
                  Commentary Cold Wars with Series Stars Jack Coleman & Sendhil Ramamurthy
                  Commentary Exposed with Series Stars Milo Ventimiglia & Greg Grunberg
                  Commentary Shades of Gray with Series Star David H. Lawrence XVII and Script Coordinator Oliver Grigsby
                  Commentary Cold Snap with Series Stars Bryan Fuller & Masi Oka
                  Commentary Into Asylum with Camera Operator Nate Goodman and Co-Producer Joe Pokaski
                  Commentary Turn and Face the Strange with Writers Mark Verheiden & Rob Fresco
                  Commentary 1961 with Editor Jon Koslowsky and Director Adam Kane
                  Commentary I Am Sylar with Camera Operator Nate Goodman, and Co-Executive Producers Kay Foster & Adam Armus
                  Commentary An Invisible Thread with Director of Photography Charlie Lieberman and Editor Donn Aron
                  Deleted Scenes on every disc
                  The Super Power of Heroes
                  Completing the Scene
                  The Prop Box
                  Tim Sale Gallery of Screen Art
                  Alternate Stories
                  Genetics of a Scene
                  The Writers' Forum

Heroes - Season 3 on Blu-ray Disc:
                  5 "BD-50" discs, 1075 minutes
                  $79.98 SRP
                  High-Definition Widescreen
                  English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
                  English, French and Spanish Subtitles
                  Bonus Material (spoiler tabs for size):
                  Spoiler:
                  U Control - Picture in Picture Cast & Crew Commentaries on each disc
                  U Control - Hero Connections - Bios on each disc
                  Deleted Scenes on most discs
                  Hero Connections - Network on each disc
                  D-Box on each disc
                  The Super Powers of Heroes
                  BD Live - Season Four Sneak Peek
                  Completing the Scene
                  Alternate Stories
                  Pinehearst Commercial
                  The Prop Box
                  Tim Sale Gallery of Screen Art
                  Genetics of a Scene
                  The Writers' Forum
                  Building Coyote Sands

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Heroes-Season-3/11976

Heroes -This Just In: Package Art for Season 3 on DVD and Blu-ray Disc

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Her...-Box-Art/11977
                  Last edited by Madwelshboy; 01 June 2009, 07:49 AM.

Comment

'Heroes' star Anders joins cast of '24'

Former Heroes star David Anders has signed on for a recurring role in the new season of 24, according to E! Online.

A representative for the actor, who played Adam Monroe in the NBC drama, confirmed that he will star in a "handful of episodes" in the upcoming eighth series.

The spokesperson reportedly declined to reveal what role the 28-year-old would be playing.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a17...ast-of-24.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                      'Heroes' star Anders joins cast of '24'

Former Heroes star David Anders has signed on for a recurring role in the new season of 24, according to E! Online.

A representative for the actor, who played Adam Monroe in the NBC drama, confirmed that he will star in a "handful of episodes" in the upcoming eighth series.

The spokesperson reportedly declined to reveal what role the 28-year-old would be playing.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a17...ast-of-24.html
                      Good for him. I am glad to hear it.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Holding out for a Heroes

British Heroes fans could be waiting until 2010 for the new series - while US viewers get to watch it in September.

Back in July, BBC Head of HD Danielle Nagler unveiled BBC HD's slate of upcoming shows on the Corporation's Internet Blog - noting that season four of the superhero drama "should be in October." That would fit with the previous series - the BBC has made a commendable effort in the past to ensure that new episodes would be broadcast within a few weeks of their US transmission, and the series will be kicking off in the US on September 21.

However, two different sources at the BBC told Wotsat that the show would be airing "next year," and that "No decision has yet been taken" on the UK transmission date. The series website, meanwhile, carries a tantalising "coming soon" message.

Given that channels like Sky1 and Sci-Fi have been moving towards airing US shows including Fringe and Dollhouse as soon as possible after their American premieres, delaying the series launch seems a curiously retrograde step - especially since Heroes viewers are exactly the sort of demographic who know how to source their TV viewing through techniques of, er, dubious legality.

http://blog.wotsat.com/page/whatsat?...t_for_a_heroes

Comment

Two More Heroes Season 4 Promo Clips!

Enjoy
                          Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill View Post
                            Two More Heroes Season 4 Promo Clips!

Enjoy
                            Thank you very much for the link to those.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Heroes leads TV Show DVD Sales, Supernatural strong for week ending 9/6

Heroes was the top TV show DVD seller for the week ending September 6, 2009, selling 296,170 units and earning an estimated $11.1 million in revenue its first week. In unit totals, that’s down from season two’s DVD set which soled 391,899 units and had estimated sales, but because season 3 had a full allotment of episodes versus season two’s strike shortened version, it costs more. That may have contributed to a decrease in unit sales, but it actually pumped up the revenue figures for this year. Last year’s first week had less revenue — $9.8 million –even though it sold more units.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...dvd-sales.html

Comment

Episode 404 Ratings

Last night's Heroes hit a new series low for NBC, according to early viewing figures.

The 8pm show pulled in just 5.41m, a drop of around 410k on last week's performance.
                                http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s1/...ow-of-54m.html

Episode 405 Ratings

NBC's Heroes improved on last week's series low, averaging 5.6m at 8pm. Trauma and The Jay Leno Show followed, pulling in 5.5m and 4.9m at 9pm and 10pm respectively.
                                http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...ssip-girl.html

Comment

Working...
                                X