No announcement yet.

Valar Morghulis (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I've been busy the past few day, but I finally have a chance to share my thoughts.

And wow, after Blackwater that was my favourite episode of the season. Starting with the ending, that was fantastic, the white walker looked terrifying. The House of the Undying was great too. I figured they would cut out most of the visions, not only for budget reasons but because on screen they would be much too spoliery. But what we got was still great, the destroyed and frozen throne room looked brilliant, and it was great to see Drogo again. The Winterfell scenes were also fantastic, great performances from all the actors, especially the children. Theon, the hornblower, the speech and him getting knocked out was very funny. Maester Luwin's death though, I expected it, but damn, Donald Sumpter gave a brilliant performance, probably one of the saddest death scenes on the show.

Elsewhere it was great as well, the scene between Tyrion and Shae was great as well, as was the face change with Jaquen, loved how they did that. Brienne and Jaime have great chemistry already so that looks great for next season.

Finally the scene with John and the Halfhand, they changed that a bit, made things a bit less certain in the show, did John really kill the Halfhand so he could infiltrate the wildlings, or has he been tempted by their promise of freedom. Of course having read the book I know the answer but I like how they've made things much more grey and unsure. John killed the Halfhand after he had disarmed him, was that a calculated move, or was in part spurred on by anger because of his insults.

So overall a great episode, some fantastic directing, really liked the close up shots of the eyes, special affects were beyond awesome and the whole thing looked like a mega budget feature film again.

Now comes the tortuous wait for the next season though.

Comment

Oh yeah, the part with Theon made me laugh so hard...

"If anyone kills that hornblower...."
      sigpic

Comment

Wow Wow WowWow. This show gets better and better. Where do I start ?
        How mean is it Tyrion saved that city damn Lanisters. Theon well he is as I said before an idiot and his men know it.
        Stannis turning on the preistess was satisfying until she turned him back to her side again .
        Dany has I think just realised what power she has . It was great to see her and her followers ransacking Xaros place was poetic.
        I thought the ending with the white walkers was good aswell It showed that they have a huge war ahead of them.
        It is going to be a long wait for season three I may have to start to read the books.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pym View Post
          t is going to be a long wait for season three I may have to start to read the books.
          Pym, I love the books, even despite the long wait between new volumes and the possibility that GRRM won't complete the series. The stories are just that good, IMO. Amazon US is currently selling a box of Books 1-4 for $20.50.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
            Pym, I love the books, even despite the long wait between new volumes and the possibility that GRRM won't complete the series. The stories are just that good, IMO. Amazon US is currently selling a box of Books 1-4 for $20.50.
            Oh hell no...He damn well better complete the series or he will have a riot on his hands.

In other news...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              I disagree with the drogo scene being 'extra' or a waste....she turned her back on him, turned her back on her 'happy family' to stick with her duty. She could have sat down and lived happily in the fantasy and stopped fighting. Instead she turned her back on her only chance for a family for her duty.
              Ditto for me. The scene also showed how dedicated to her mission, strong-willed and focused she is.

Comment

I'm about to begin book 3, but christ it's gigantic. i have the larger sized paperback, and it's still about 1000 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                  I'm about to begin book 3, but christ it's gigantic. i have the larger sized paperback, and it's still about 1000 pages.
                  I just finished it, though I have the smaller paperback (over 1100 pages). They are the same height as my small paperback Lord of the Rings, and the smallest book of A Song of Ice and Fire is still twice the length of the longest Lord of the Rings book...lol

(not including indexes and such)
                  sigpic

Comment

Who ordered Tyrions death?
                    sigpic
                    LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
                      Who ordered Tyrions death?
                      Who do you think?
                      sigpic

Comment

all plot twists aside, it's also a normal military tactic to aim for the dude in charge. One reason you don't salute on the battle field, no need to make the officers targets.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well having not read the books, the only 2 people come to mind is Jeoffrey or Cersei? I dont think Cersei would be stuipid enough to have her brother killed, the consequences of facing her father. She would never attack him directly, she goes after who ever hes close to such as Ros. On the other hand, Jeoffrey is just stuipid enough to have one of his own blood killed.
                          sigpic
                          LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
                            Well having not read the books, the only 2 people come to mind is Jeoffrey or Cersei? I dont think Cersei would be stuipid enough to have her brother killed, the consequences of facing her father. She would never attack him directly, she goes after who ever hes close to such as Ros. On the other hand, Jeoffrey is just stuipid enough to have one of his own blood killed.
                            It is pretty much assumed that it was Cersei. She was banking on the job getting finished and Tyrion actually getting killed, thus making it look like he died in the battle. If Podrick hadn't been there then her plan would have been successful.
                            sigpic

Comment

Cersei HATES Tryion. Hates him with a passion. Their mother died in child birth with him, so she blames him for her mother's death, potentially blames him for her marriage to Robert (under the presumption that her mama wouldn't have allowed it to happen) and sees Tyrion as a hideous monster. She cares more for her horse than she does him.

And he knows. Also knows he can't do anything about it, but he knows
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If it were Joffrey that wanted Tyrion dead, I'm assuming he'd want to do it himself.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X