No announcement yet.

Valar Morghulis (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While she is on the road Arya is trying to pass herself off as a boy, and I guess Tywin had better things to do than worry about what Arya was wearing while she was his cup bearer.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Title edited to be as vague as possible.

Discuss away.
      The people demand more vagueness! The thread title should be just a question mark...and the number 6.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
        The people demand more vagueness! The thread title should be just a question mark...and the number 6.

Interesting idea.

Valar Morghulis :

Spoiler:
        ...Or we could just re-link to the pics (under the grin smilicons) from the main Valar Morghulis discussion thread ? ->
        I think they look fine,but I haven't seen the ep yet to compare the critters to other big bads or judge the cgi.

*Scuttles away*
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          While she is on the road Arya is trying to pass herself off as a boy, and I guess Tywin had better things to do than worry about what Arya was wearing while she was his cup bearer.
          you only think that because you come from a culture where women's clothes are their own business, imagine if you had a maid who kept cleaning your house naked just because she said she didn't have time to buy new clothes

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            ...and?
            I thought that made them look silly and non threatening

Comment

I really don't see what the question is...If there is one.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                I really don't see what the question is...If there is one.
                it would have been "why where the people at that castle content for one of the servant girls go around dressed as a boy?"

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                  medieval societies aren't exactly known for a relaxed attitude to women's attire
                  Its a fantasy society, not a real medieval society.
                  sigpic

Comment

you only think that because you come from a culture where women's clothes are their own business, imagine if you had a maid who kept cleaning your house naked just because she said she didn't have time to buy new clothes
                    If I cared that my maid was cleaning my house naked, I'd just give her clothes. Tywin obviously doesn't care that much or he would have given her clothes since Arya obviously can't go out and buy her own.

it would have been "why where the people at that castle content for one of the servant girls go around dressed as a boy?"
                    They had other things to worry about, like the ongoing war. I doubt anyone there was carrying around a trunkful of girls' clothing just in case they found an inappropriately dressed female. There didn't seem to be a lot of women and children running around where they were. It's not like she was at King's Landing serving at the Red Keep. If she had ended up being brought there, or someplace similar, I'm sure someone would have found her something else to wear.
                    Last edited by VampyreWraith; 05 June 2012, 01:53 PM. Reason: *added
                    sigpic

Comment

I disagree with the drogo scene being 'extra' or a waste....she turned her back on him, turned her back on her 'happy family' to stick with her duty. She could have sat down and lived happily in the fantasy and stopped fighting. Instead she turned her back on her only chance for a family for her duty.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If things seem a little odd we've merged a few threads into here. I really see no need for random questions about individual points of episodes to have their own thread in the general area. Just spoilerific for those that haven't seen all the episodes or read the books, not to mention rather clutterish to have a 2-4 page episode thread PLUS 2-3 random 3 post threads asking questions.

So let's pay a bit more attention and give some thought when making new threads. Conversation is easier when people are all gathered in the 'same' place, not scattered around a half dozen tiny response threads.

sigpic

Comment

thats why i've always said just have a single thread for a show, not a separate forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            I disagree with the drogo scene being 'extra' or a waste....she turned her back on him, turned her back on her 'happy family' to stick with her duty. She could have sat down and lived happily in the fantasy and stopped fighting. Instead she turned her back on her only chance for a family for her duty.
                            Exactly. Not all of the visions, in either the book or the TV show, were prophetic in nature. Some were there to simply tempt her. If she succumbed, she'd be trapped in the House of the Undying. Drogo and son were an effective temptation.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              If things seem a little odd we've merged a few threads into here. I really see no need for random questions about individual points of episodes to have their own thread in the general area. Just spoilerific for those that haven't seen all the episodes or read the books, not to mention rather clutterish to have a 2-4 page episode thread PLUS 2-3 random 3 post threads asking questions.

So let's pay a bit more attention and give some thought when making new threads. Conversation is easier when people are all gathered in the 'same' place, not scattered around a half dozen tiny response threads.
                              My thoughts exactly

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                              Exactly. Not all of the visions, in either the book or the TV show, were prophetic in nature. Some were there to simply tempt her. If she succumbed, she'd be trapped in the House of the Undying. Drogo and son were an effective temptation.
                              My feelings as well. Either way she would have stayed in the place which would have given Pyat more power
                              sigpic

Comment

yeah. Had Dany stayed, her dragons would have stayed and their magic would have been amplified and they'd be ruling the city instead of a quirky but kinda scary amusement

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X