No announcement yet.

A Golden Crown (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true. neither has been true to their marriage.

however Cercie's and Jamie's children are being put forth as heirs to the throne, while robert's kids by blood are, potentially, being hunted down and killed...for a 'crime' they didn't even know they did - existing.

(at least I think they are, being killed that is)
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sky, unless something happened in the later episodes, I don't think anyone was searching out Robert's bastards to kill them because as far as I know Jon Arryn was the only one looking for them and he didn't kill any of them. Also, it was public knowledge that Robert had many bastard children so I can't see why anyone would want to kill them. I can't even see the Lannisters killing them because to do so would have raised the kind of questions that they didn't need to have raised -- such as why?

About that scene scene between Ned and his daughters -- I loved it because it highlighted the differences between Sansa and Arya and also provided the light-bulb moment for Ned. When Ned told them he was sending them home, Arya was as blunt, outspoken and tactless as ever when she asked if it was because he was dying because of his leg.

She also didn't want to leave Syrio and her "dance" lessons behind.

In contrast, Sansa was all about simpering over leaving her "golden lion" (Joffrey) and giving him sons with "beautiful blond hair". Arya's responses and facial expressions during Sansa's whimpering were hilarious. When Sansa made that "sons with blond hair" comment, you could see that it finally clicked with Ned why Jon Arryn was so focused on meeting all of Robert's bastard children.

Then he goes back to read that big book again where he finds that every Baratheon heir was “black of hair” until Joffrey. OOPS!

I find it ironic and kind of hilarious that for all of the manpower, research and time spent to find out why Jon Arryn was killed that it was the ramblings of the vapid Sansa that provided this light-bulb moment for him.
      Last edited by maxbo; 13 June 2011, 07:38 AM.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
        Sky, unless something happened in the later episodes, I don't think anyone was searching out Robert's bastards to kill them because as far as I know Jon Arryn was the only one looking for them and he didn't him any of them. Also, it was public knowledge that Robert had many bastard children so I can't see why anyone would want to kill them. I can't even see the Lannisters killing them because to do so would have raised the kind of questions that they didn't need to have raised -- such as why?
        Jon Arryn did find Robert's bastards. He even visited one of them quite regularly to chat with him. As far as killing them that would be the apparently simple solution to prevent anyone else from finding out that Robert didn't have children with golden hair, since all of Robert's bastards were "black of hair".

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
          Sky, unless something happened in the later episodes, I don't think anyone was searching out Robert's bastards to kill them because as far as I know Jon Arryn was the only one looking for them and he didn't kill any of them. Also, it was public knowledge that Robert had many bastard children so I can't see why anyone would want to kill them. I can't even see the Lannisters killing them because to do so would have raised the kind of questions that they didn't need to have raised -- such as why?
          Those are great questions and all I will say is I hope you continue watching the series or read the books.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
            Jon Arryn did find Robert's bastards. He even visited one of them quite regularly to chat with him. As far as killing them that would be the apparently simple solution to prevent anyone else from finding out that Robert didn't have children with golden hair, since all of Robert's bastards were "black of hair".
            I don't think killing Robert's bastards, at this point, would have been a simple solution to keeping Cersei and Jaime's secret because until Jon Arryn's recent suspicions, no one seemed to care. The only way I could see killing them used as a solution is if they had been killed soon after birth. IMO, killing them later would have raised the very questions that the Lannisters (or at least Cersei and Jaime) were trying to prevent. And speaking of the Lannisters, I wonder if they know about Cersei and Jaime.

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
            Those are great questions and all I will say is I hope you continue watching the series or read the books.
            Hmmm, interesting. Well, I'll definitely keep watching and I also plan to read the books after I've seen the episodes. The only thing I haven't decided yet is if I'll wait until the entire TV series is over first or read each book after its corresponding TV season is over.
            Last edited by maxbo; 13 June 2011, 07:59 AM.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

So no one may be hunting for them now. My bad on that part.
              However it may become important if anyone questions the validity of Joffreys right to the throne. The armorer has more of a right than he does since he's the blood heir of robert. Joffrey has no right to the throne. He's just the queens love child.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That is why they are focusing on the people that knew about the illegitimate children. They know that the people with that knowledge keep it quite, who are they going to tell without being accused of treason or wanting to get something for themselves. If the children come forward and say "My father was King Robert" (that is if they know) they can't claim anything since as far as most everyone knows so is Joffery and he would have rights to the throne before an illegitimate child. It is pretty brilliant in that respect unless someone of any importance come forward with concrete proof of the betrayal then no one can rightfully say that Joffrey is not rightfully the next in line for the throne.
                sigpic

Comment

The heart!

The crown!

Both difficult to watch.
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                    The heart!

The crown!

Both difficult to watch.
                    I found Viserys's crowning hilarious. Never has a man more regretted his choice of words.

Comment

Working...
                    X