This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    So I might as well ask around here: what other kinds of threads would y'all be interested in seeing? I'm up for making threads where we discuss favourite moments or quotes - not for separate episodes, but for just in general - or character threads, or just family threads (House of Stark Appreciation et cetera). We gotta flesh this little section out a bit, I'd say.
    An artwork thread for sigs, avatars and general imagery appreciation maybe.
    Promotional videos and clips.
    sigpic

Comment

So I might as well ask around here: what other kinds of threads would y'all be interested in seeing? I'm up for making threads where we discuss favourite moments or quotes - not for separate episodes, but for just in general - or character threads, or just family threads (House of Stark Appreciation et cetera). We gotta flesh this little section out a bit, I'd say.
      Well I was talking to starg8fans and she suggested a who's who thread, which might be quite useful for series newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        Well I was talking to starg8fans and she suggested a who's who thread, which might be quite useful for series newbies.
        That might help a bit. Basically have to do it without spoiling anything, so that might be a tad iffy, but if somebody wants to give it a shot, or if we think we should try a collaborative thread about letting newcomers in, that'll sound like a plan.

An artwork thread for sigs, avatars and general imagery appreciation maybe. Promotional videos and clips.
        Second one could be covered in this general news one, but I'd say go nuts for the first.

I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with Favourites (character, quotes, houses/families, etc.)
        Go nuts. Off the top of my head, we can do a Favourite Moments/Quotes Thread right off.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

A dothraki language thread might be interesting.

Achrakh yeroon zireyesee hrazef anni, zhey ifak!
          "Your stink offends my horse, foreigner!"

sigpic

Comment

That might help a bit. Basically have to do it without spoiling anything, so that might be a tad iffy, but if somebody wants to give it a shot, or if we think we should try a collaborative thread about letting newcomers in, that'll sound like a plan.
            Hmm, the collaborative thread might work, less work that way.
            we can do a Favourite Moments/Quotes Thread right off.
            Yes, yes and twice round the car park and back in for another yes.

Comment

And now I have to think of moments and quotes to start off... Give me five minutes.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

And now I have to think of moments and quotes to start off... Give me five minutes.
                Favourite Moments/Quotes/beheadings from "winter is coming" perhaps? Or you could replace beheading with Brothel orgies/ northern accents/ breasts/ disemboweling

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  Yeah... that's one detail that irked me a bit. Surely they could have used coloured contacts? Ah well.
                  At the wedding party when Daenerys was looking up at the guy giving her books, I thought that they looked irridescent or rainbow like without even knowing the eyes were supposed to be anything special. Maybe they did it with CGI and you need to watch on a HD tv to get the effect?

Comment

Early reports seem to suggest Game of Thrones got about 3 million viewers for it's premiere, which is respectable.
                    http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/...good-as-hoped/

Now before anyone panics, remember that HBO works a little differently to other channels, shows like Boardwalk Empire, which cost even more, only get a bit more viewers and still get renewed. HBO also later takes into account recorded and repeat viewings and those who watch online via HBO go, their online service, because they don't have to worry about ad revenue. Plus they look towards DVD sales and the international market, and Game of Thrones is making them a packet there, with them selling the show to multiple foreign networks, at $2.5 million per episode, so hopefully a renewal for a second season should be forthcoming soon.

Comment

I think 3 million sounds pretty good for an HBO premiere.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                        Indeed, though there a few people at Winter is Coming getting into a panic because it wasn't "HBO's BIGGEST PREVIEW EVAH!!!" The numbers aren't officially in, and it's important to remember other show's premiers are often broadcast on free weekends which artificially inflate the viewing figures.

It's especially important to look at the international stuff. With HBO selling the season for $2.5 million an ep, that's $25 million they make each time a foreign network buys it, and thus far, not counting HBO subsidiaries like HBO Canada or HBO Latin America, at least a dozen foreign networks have bought the show. Which means they've made, what, $300 million already. The show had a $60 million budget, and even if we double that for the cost of the huge ad campaign, then HBO have already made a huge stack of money off this show.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                          Yea, True blood had 1.44 million views for the first episode in the US and is now over 5 million views for the third season.

Comment

After those relatively very good ratings, I'm still waiting for the official green light for the second season....
                            sigpic
                            My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                              After those relatively very good ratings, I'm still waiting for the official green light for the second season....
                              It's normally the Tuesday after the show has aired that they officially announce the ratings and stuff like renewal, so fingers crossed for tommorow.

Comment

TV by the numbers announced we wouldn't get them. Let me go find the link... BRB

Here's the link:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-tuesday/89782
                                Last edited by Selene1212; 18 April 2011, 03:43 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Working...
                                X