X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mirishka View Post
    so the lucky people in the USA with HBOGO get ep7 sunday! luckyluckylucky
    Yeah but then they have to wait for 2 weeks for their next GOT fix.

Comment

good point!
      sigpic

Comment

I checked for preview scenes earlier today obviously I looked too early in the day
        sigpic

Comment

wooohooo!!!! ive changed my browser to Safari! and i dont have any trouble with GW!! THANKS STARG8FANS!
          sigpic

Comment

YAY! Guess you wont need to look into the anti-virus thing
            sigpic

Comment

thanks though, i was trying to look at that but couldnt figure that out...i ws talking to stars yesterday and she mentioned safari...i had forgotten about it until i switched skype on and saw it... fantastic....im as happy as a frenchman....
              sigpic

Comment

Is it time for the next episode yet???

*taps foot impatiently*
                sigpic

Comment

i cant wait....gonna be a good one and then the week after...even better.

i was ( please dont stone me!) thinking there wasnt much 'action' going on but after last weeks showing...i changed my mind...but the horse..was a bit of a shock
                  sigpic

Comment

i cant wait....gonna be a good one and then the week after...even better.

i was ( please dont stone me!) thinking there wasnt much 'action' going on but after last weeks showing...i changed my mind...but the horse..was a bit of a shock
                    Should be lot's more action in next week's episode and the coming weeks. Don't think there will be any more horse decapitations, but the series is going to probably get even more violent, if that's even possible.

Comment

im not into gratuitous violence so dont let me give you the wrong impression...however...i do like some action in my programs...and this seems to be fulfilling those requirements nicely!
                      sigpic

Comment

im not into gratuitous violence so dont let me give you the wrong impression...however...i do like some action in my programs...and this seems to be fulfilling those requirements nicely!
                        Well I wouldn't call any of the violence gratuitous. It's there to highlight the brutality of the world, or for example in the case of the Mountain and his horse, to show an aspect of his character. In that case that he was totally nuts.

It's unlikely we will get any gratuitous Spartacus style slo mo 300 esque blood and gore, that's not really the HBO style, but several characters will probably suffer very brutal deaths. In some ways I find the HBO way more disturbing than the over the top nature of shows like Spartacus. In Spartacus everybody seems to be a water balloon filled with high pressure blood, and they splatter everywhere at the slightest opportunity, making things often seem a bit silly. In GOT, for example Jory's death didn't feature blood spraying everywhere, but it was very sudden and brutal, which made it seem nastier.
                        Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 20 May 2011, 03:11 AM.

Comment

yup....im with ya...spartacus sorta makes it a bit laughable...which is good cause then its not so gruesome! watching someone get their throat slit i doubt is good to watch... but they make it sorta silly..but i like that...less scary.
                          and you're right about Game of Thrones...i guess the ambiance is to be dark and more realistic with the deaths etc.
                          Spoiler:

im just going to have a very large box of tissues for the bit at the end....with my babe
                          sigpic

Comment

yup....im with ya...spartacus sorta makes it a bit laughable...which is good cause then its not so gruesome! watching someone get their throat slit i doubt is good to watch... but they make it sorta silly..but i like that...less scary.
                            and you're right about Game of Thrones...i guess the ambiance is to be dark and more realistic with the deaths etc.
                            Spoiler:

im just going to have a very large box of tissues for the bit at the end....with my babe
                            Hey, at least at the end you'll know that he's going to be

Spoiler:
                            reincarnated as Conan the Barbarian. Though I hope you'll keep watching GOT as well.

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!!! love it!!!

to be honest...i am not so sure i will...it depends how the next few episodes go...i finished the book...and thought it was good and looking forward to Daenery's stuff etc. i have got the 2nd book....just finding it hard to pick it up
                              sigpic

Comment

Winter is Coming have a few new links to some interviews, articles and the like
                                http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/05/...world-edition/

Also it appears that Conan Stevens who plays the Mountain that Rides has been cast in the Hobbit.

Comment

Working...
                                X