No announcement yet.

Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice episode tonight, but a little confusing to me. I didn't know what to think when I first saw
    Spoiler:
    Charlie. Upon doing some digging, I found out it was kind of an unaired episode from Season 1. At least that answered some questions for me.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Odd sort of episode in terms of chronology although it's always good to see Kirk Acevedo. I just assumed that they're showing this now because of something that comes up later on.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

FYI: Official thread for Unearthed (Monday's episode) is open here

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...5#post11107615
        sigpic

Comment

Fringe could mimic Lost with a fixed end date

Fox's Fringe may follow the lead of Lost, which was also co-created by J.J. Abrams, with a fixed end date to wrap up the mythology and story. But that decision hasn't been made yet.

That's what Abrams told reporters on Monday night in Pasadena, Calif., as part of the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

continues:
          http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/could-f...medium=twitter

Comment

^I think that would be the right approach to the show. Once those major arcs get played out, I don't believe there would be much left to explore without flogging a dead horse.
            The thing that worries me most is that some network exec decides to give it the chop before we get to see where all the build up is leading to. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with having a plan to end the show on a high note.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I agree. Especially because as Abrams says in the interview:

We kind of like the idea of a fixed finale, especially given how Fox's last great sci-fi series, The X-Files, went on way beyond its natural expiration date for years, devolving into mediocrity and awfulness.
              I would hate to have Fringe's greatness ruined by losing track of the story. So a I think a fixed finale is good. It gives the show something to shoot for and an idea of when certain things should take place.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, if they do decide to set an end-date for the show, I hope we at least have another couple of seasons to look forward to.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I can easily envisage another two seasons (at least) for the series as long as there isn't any meddling from the powers that be. Let the Bad Robot people tell their story and be done with it and not prolong the inevitable.
                  I'm a bit biased because I think Fringe is certainly one of the best things on tv right now, refreshing and as original as any tv show can be in this day and age. I am really looking forward to seeing
                  Spoiler:
                  how the interdimensional war plays out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                    I can easily envisage another two seasons (at least) for the series as long as there isn't any meddling from the powers that be. Let the Bad Robot people tell their story and be done with it and not prolong the inevitable.
                    I'm a bit biased because I think Fringe is certainly one of the best things on tv right now, refreshing and as original as any tv show can be in this day and age. I am really looking forward to seeing
                    Spoiler:
                    how the interdimensional war plays out.
                    I totally agree with you. This show really is something special, and I just hope that FOX realizes that.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Question: Let’s say the worst-case scenario happens with Fringe and it doesn’t get renewed for another season. Will the final episode tie up all the loose ends? —David

Ausiello: It’s a valid, albeit depressing, question. J.J. Abrams, what say you? “There is a great finale for this year,” he says. “[But] there’s no way [it will] wrap up the series. But I’m not even thinking about that. I’m thinking of where we’re going to [take the story] in the next year and beyond. I’m apparently more optimistic than you.” Technically, David’s the pessimist. I’m just the messenger. Blame him.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/...rs-greys-glee/

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I totally agree with you. This show really is something special, and I just hope that FOX realizes that.
                        As do I

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Question: Let’s say the worst-case scenario happens with Fringe and it doesn’t get renewed for another season. Will the final episode tie up all the loose ends? —David

Ausiello: It’s a valid, albeit depressing, question. J.J. Abrams, what say you? “There is a great finale for this year,” he says. “[But] there’s no way [it will] wrap up the series. But I’m not even thinking about that. I’m thinking of where we’re going to [take the story] in the next year and beyond. I’m apparently more optimistic than you.” Technically, David’s the pessimist. I’m just the messenger. Blame him.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/...rs-greys-glee/
                        That sounds promising!
                        sigpic

Comment

New episode tonight! YAY!
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Pan View Post
                              I can't wait to see it!
                              I concur! I hope its not another "out of sequence" episode like the one on Monday.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                I concur! I hope its not another "out of sequence" episode like the one on Monday.
                                It isn't. That much I do know. I am about to watch it on my DVR very shortly.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X