No announcement yet.

Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walter being seen as insane makes a lot more sense following the last episode. Some of the stuff in that book sounded pretty surreal. It never felt quite right that just because he was involved with fringe science it would lead to him being in a loony bin -- I guess we finally got the answer to that question.

There was something written about the multiverse in that book. It's hard to make any kind of guesses at where this show might take us from this point -- exciting stuff!

Taking into account that we know there is a "pattern" to events of some kind. The talk of a coming war reminded me of the technological singularity and how it is portrayed often in science fiction as ending with a war with AI. Instead of just technology, could we be seeing hints here towards a broader scientific singularity, ending with inter-dimensional travel and a war with our similar selves? Just a thought.

Comment

Question: I really need a Fringe scoop! -- Bryan

Spoiler:
      Ausiello: You know Olivia's MIA stepfather? The evil guy who leaves her creepy birthday cards every year? Well, we're "most likely" going to meet him in the flesh before the end of the season, confirms executive producer J.J. Abrams. "It's a huge story," he says, "and I don't want to rush it." Abrams wouldn't tell me who's on his short list to play the baddie, so I'll tell you who's on mine instead: Carnivale's Clancy Brown.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/02/...siello--1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        Question: I really need a Fringe scoop! -- Bryan

Spoiler:
        Ausiello: You know Olivia's MIA stepfather? The evil guy who leaves her creepy birthday cards every year? Well, we're "most likely" going to meet him in the flesh before the end of the season, confirms executive producer J.J. Abrams. "It's a huge story," he says, "and I don't want to rush it." Abrams wouldn't tell me who's on his short list to play the baddie, so I'll tell you who's on mine instead: Carnivale's Clancy Brown.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/02/...siello--1.html
        He would be an excellent choice IMO. No doubt about it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yes I also really enjoy this show and the shadows of reality it explores. Abrams did say you needed an open mind to truly appreciate Fringe, and clearly several of us on here have just that.

I liked the freakshow book nerd and Jones' malevolent if not mysterious manner.

Question on my mind: what in the hell did Jones become?
          sigpic

Comment

Well that was waaaay better than last week's! lovely, and suspending and great twist in the end. As for Jones, it looks like he became Batman....

April, you say? daaaaaamn.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

why does Dollhouse get it's own section and yet Fringe gets nothing?

KEEP IT CLEAN
              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                why does Dollhouse get it's own section and yet Fringe gets nothing?
                Sure, it would be great if Fringe got it's own section. But, if it did, Supernatural would need it's own too IMO.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Sure, it would be great if Fringe got it's own section. But, if it did, Supernatural would need it's own too IMO.
                  Very much agree! I was shocked to see the Dollhouse forum when there are already many popular threads in this section for already established shows. Would be especially nice if Fringe is going to develop into a massive mystery, Lost-style, which it seems to be doing. Crazy fan (myself included) theories can be so hard to keep in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    Well that was waaaay better than last week's! lovely, and suspending and great twist in the end. As for Jones, it looks like he became Batman....
                    I was thinking more on the lines of The Thing.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                      I was thinking more on the lines of The Thing.
                      Same here. I really hope we get to see what has become of Jones.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just finished watching Ability. My favorite part was when they mentioned that the drug Olivia was given was tested at the OSU: Wooster campus, because that's my home town. Of course the campus there is for agricultural research, but whatever.
                        Last edited by jds1982; 15 February 2009, 07:48 AM.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                          Just finished watching Ability. My favorite part was when they mentioned that the drug Olivia was given was tested at the OSU: Wooster campus, because that's my home town. Of course the campus there is for agricultural research, but whatever.
                          That was your favorite part? Come on.

For me, it was coming to the realization about Walter near the end.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

wow, the latest episode was amazing but why they hell are we forced to wait few months for the next one???
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              That was your favorite part? Come on.

For me, it was coming to the realization about Walter near the end.
                              It was my favorite part because they mentioned my hometown. It's not like I live in New York where every show ever on mentions it. Although it was weird because 24 just had Kidron, Ohio as the target of a terrorist attack. Kidron is something like 10 miles from Wooster, and both are in Wayne County.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                                It was my favorite part because they mentioned my hometown. It's not like I live in New York where every show ever on mentions it. Although it was weird because 24 just had Kidron, Ohio as the target of a terrorist attack. Kidron is something like 10 miles from Wooster, and both are in Wayne County.
                                I know. I was just messing with you.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X