No announcement yet.

Firefly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

four great shows... on nite... yes..... im hooked on firefly and cant wait til sept 30th (for us luckies in the states) i own the series on DVD and am lovin that i can from time to time catch the fri nite eps on scifi.

anyone know of some good fic sites... i know of Fireflyfans.net and ff.net but i want more.

oh yes and uh... I love cpt. malcolm 'mal' reynolds.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
      four great shows... on nite... yes..... im hooked on firefly and cant wait til sept 30th (for us luckies in the states) i own the series on DVD and am lovin that i can from time to time catch the fri nite eps on scifi.

anyone know of some good fic sites... i know of Fireflyfans.net and ff.net but i want more.

oh yes and uh... I love cpt. malcolm 'mal' reynolds.
      Live Journal community... for Mal and Inara called Ifs and Maybes http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=mal_inara
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

thx. i'll check it out
        sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm giving up on watching one episode per week up until Serenity's release because I'VE GOT ADVANCED SCREENING TICKETS! Sorry about that, I'm a bit hyperactive at the moment. So I'll binge on Firefly episodes for the next few days.

Comment

Jammy!

Madeleine

Comment

Just because you asked I thought i make it known that in the UK the majority of people think Firefly was pretty ****e.
              Oh, there is nothing irritates me more than people who generalise that everyone has the same opinion as they do, without ever bothering to ask them.

Yup, I'm from the UK and I adored the show. Caught it as I do most shows these days - was channel hopping and caught a few moments of an episode and was very rapidly hooked.

I bought the boxed set on the strength of having seen one episode and wasn't disappointed. I loved the humour, the characters and the way they related to one another, the interesting plots...the whole ball of wax.

I'm not judging the show, I'm just saying it's unrealistic to have a crew that constantly fights amonst themselves and doesn't trust each other.
              Well, obviously this dynamic doesn't appeal to you. The mileage of others may differ and simply because you don't like it doesn't mean that it doesn't work as a premise.

There have been many shows which employ this dynamic. Very successful cult shows. Like Blake's 7. Robin of Sherwood. To name but two.

For myself, I enjoying watching a disparate group of characters come together and gradually learn to trust and rely on and care for one another over the course of the show.

I think you need to get out more and watch more SF shows than Star Trek, where everyone is in harmony. It's clear from your comment that you've missed out on a lot of shows, if you think the character dynamic of Firefly is at all unusual or odd. Trust me, it's a staple ingredient of a heck of a lot of shows out there. Not all starship crews need to be friends from the outset.

Albion
              Last edited by Albion; 14 September 2005, 01:18 PM.
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Just had to join in the Firefly love. Such a good show. I am way too excited for the film. I can tell it's going to be good.

BTW, BrownCoats.com is a nice Firefly site.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson

Even if it's "ordinary" people in space, they're a spaceship crew, a team. They should be working together, not fighting amonst themselves. This right here is a major turn off.
                  If you're worried about that... you should really avoid the movie...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

*runs in*

SHINY!!!!

*runs out*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
                      Just had to join in the Firefly love. Such a good show. I am way too excited for the film. I can tell it's going to be good.
                      It is... very good...
                      sigpic

Comment

Oops, didn't provide the website - don't know if anyone has seen this: http://www.cantstopthesignal.co.uk/s...ngs/index.html - they're selling out fast.

Comment

i just finshed watching the whole show, i rented the dvds and i loved it so much i just order the box set

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
                            i just finshed watching the whole show, i rented the dvds and i loved it so much i just order the box set
                            Ladies and gentlemen... we have ourselves another Browncoat...
                            sigpic

Comment

I love Firefly and the move Serenity.

First caught the series when it first aired on TV as the write-up said it was created by Joss Welden. Thought he did good work and decided to check it out. Didn't get hooked immediately as I couldn't figure what was going on with spaceships, horses, rundown western style townships and a mixture of languages spoken. Weird.

What hooked me was the interaction of the charactures. The dialogue is brillant. I love that this group of people don't always get along. Makes for great stories, good scenes and sharp dialogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                                Ladies and gentlemen... we have ourselves another Browncoat...
                                They all seem to be coming out of the woodwork now
                                I'm so glad Scifi has been showing Firefly, it just seems to have given it that extra bit of exposure.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                                DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Working...
                                X