Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iv never noticed anything wrong with my dvds but i wish this had been announced a few months earlier...probably would have saved me some money!lol

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
      iv never noticed anything wrong with my dvds but i wish this had been announced a few months earlier...probably would have saved me some money!lol
      This show is still worth the price you paid though. Right?
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Very excellent good news!! I just hope the prices aren't too steep ...

Though, I think my husband will disagree

honey, can I spend about $200 in November on DVDs? ...

Dumb question ... is this A&E the same A&E on cable? Do you suppose the shows will eventually end up on TV again? (Always hopeful ...)

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post

Dumb question ... is this A&E the same A&E on cable? Do you suppose the shows will eventually end up on TV again? (Always hopeful ...)
          It's the same A&E, but I doubt we'll see it on that channel. They also put out things like Kids in the Hall, Thunderbirds and Danger Mouse, which I don't think they air.

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post

Eventually, I think Farscape will end up back on TV. Maybe sooner than we think.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thanks Randy.

Fifth Man, I surely hope so!

Comment

Details are up:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Farscap...e-Series/12357

It comes out on November 17th ( my birthday ). SRP for the complete series (25 discs) is $149 and $44 for individual seasons. That sounds pretty good (should be around $110/$30 in reality I'd guess)

I don't know enough about the special features to know what is new and what is lost (if anything).

Comment

i was hoping Farscape would be re-released someday and now it's happening. YAY!!! and this time it's in a smaller box set and not a large box set like the first release. that's why i didn't buy it the fist time. it's a good show.

Comment

Oh wow - that's a beautiful set! And actually reasonable prices too! I'm definitely going to watch for this one.

I'm disappointed though that it doesn't seem to include the Peacekeeper Wars Miniseries. The series isn't really complete without that, so I'm surprised they left it out.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      I'm disappointed though that it doesn't seem to include the Peacekeeper Wars Miniseries. The series isn't really complete without that, so I'm surprised they left it out.
                      Yeah I'm a bit mad about that too. That said though, this looks to be a great (and reasonably priced!) set that I'll almost certainly be getting.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Re: The Peacekeeper Wars

I sent an email to TVShowsOnDVD.com about half an hour ago inquiring as to if they knew anything about why PKW wasn't listed as being part of the set. I received the following response:

Peacekeeper Wars is owned by Lionsgate so it can't be included in the set.

Gord

So there we have our answer. And it seems unlikely PKW will ever be boxed up with the series, so this is pretty much as good as it gets, everyone.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh - too bad! Would have been nice to have them all together, but if we can't we can't. This is still a lot better than what we've had up until now though, so I'll try not to complain.

Thanks for letting us know what you found out though.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

I think it's nice they got it down to 6 discs per season. Whats that 25th disc in the box set?

This is interesting though, they say they are including 29 episode commentaries, but it doesn't add up to any of the previous sets. The old ADV sets had 11 over the four seasons, the U.K. versions 23.

However the starburst DVD's totalled out to 31. This new set includes commentaries that were exclusive to the the starburst DVD's, such as Jeremiah Crichton's and the Browder version of Bad Timing, so somewhere in there two got left behind. Just a little weird is all.

Regardless is sounds like it's a great version to own as far as content. There are always little things exclusive to each region, 4 got exclusive commentaries, 2 got sweet menus, but this should be a nice even mix. I guess most are happy the episodes themselves will be on them.
                            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Great packaging and price. I just spent over $200 on BSG Blu-Ray so I'm glad I don't have to pay as much again for the Farscape boxset. The moment this appears on Amazon I'm pre-ordering it.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm just curious, will the dvds be available in the states? I'm just a little confused about all this.
                                ^sig made by Laura

Comment

Working...
                                X