Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
    Somehow I got the first two parts of S1 before they ran out. Which is when I freaked out and ordered the rest of as fast as I could afford to.
    Yeah, that is usually the problem for me. Luckily, I got Seasons 2 and 3 as holiday gifts from various family members.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I wonder how many internal (and external? ) organs I'll have to sell to be able to afford it.
      Or, maybe they'll ask for an arm for their scientific research...
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

The press release refers to it as a repackaging, I'm holding out hope that they re-encoded it from some some master source material. The ADV release was encoded horribly IMHO. Still, I'm glad it will be available to people again, I'm just sad that Sony didn't make it into a pet project and treat it with the loving care it deserved.

Comment

I honestly hate thin packs. I mean it is ridiculous the amount of thin pack DVDs the Andromeda Box Set has. But then again those DVDs were horribly put together & not even the original box sets comes with 6 Discs Per Season like they normally do

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
            Somehow I got the first two parts of S1 before they ran out. Which is when I freaked out and ordered the rest of as fast as I could afford to.
            I bought the last season 2 Starburst set and then Season 3 a couple of years ago. (Those had my favorite eps) I was stupid enough to think "oh, I'll have time to get Season 1. No rush...." Ha! By the time I ran across an article pointing out that S1 had been discontinued, it was too late. So I lucked out and snapped up the remaining S2 sets as well as all of S4 still at normal prices...$20-$25US per set. I wasn't going to pay an arm and a leg for S1 or buy from unknown sellers....
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
              I honestly hate thin packs. I mean it is ridiculous the amount of thin pack DVDs the Andromeda Box Set has. But then again those DVDs were horribly put together & not even the original box sets comes with 6 Discs Per Season like they normally do
              Any particular reason? I don't mind them at all, they take up a heck of a lot less shelf space--and my DVD/HD/BR real estate is pretty limited.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by cavalierlwt View Post
                The press release refers to it as a repackaging, I'm holding out hope that they re-encoded it from some some master source material. The ADV release was encoded horribly IMHO. Still, I'm glad it will be available to people again, I'm just sad that Sony didn't make it into a pet project and treat it with the loving care it deserved.
                Same here. I was very surprised how long they just sat on the rights, doing nothing. I think they will find that they made a big mistake.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by cavalierlwt View Post
                  Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Same here. I was very surprised how long they just sat on the rights, doing nothing. I think they will find that they made a big mistake.
                  Oh damn, that's good to know. I'll have to find some reviews on the quality when it comes out; as much as I want it, I'd be mad if I got it and it was sub-par quality.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah, I agree with cavalierlwt that the quality isn't that great (not the extras, but the video/audio itself).

Comment

Really? I never really noticed that, it's been a long time since I popped in an ADV disc, the originals at least. I was watching the UK ones on my HD a few months ago as I was getting them and they looked great, season 4 especially.

Despite the repackaging term I doubt they'd just import the same data onto newly pressed discs. That and the release date seems pretty distant to not be doing something other than new artwork.
                      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

I think the Starburst were better than the original release. I saw the show originally from Netflix so I was never sure if the original quality was poor or it was just the dvds had been used alot.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                          I think the Starburst were better than the original release. I saw the show originally from Netflix so I was never sure if the original quality was poor or it was just the dvds had been used alot.
                          DVDs are not VHS haha, picture & audio quality aren't going to deteriorate.
                          sigpic

Comment

I have th original run set of DVDs and the quality, imho, really isn't all that bad. Now the menu selection on the S1 set is awful. But S2 - 4 it got better. Considering that ADV at the time (to the best of my knowledge) was primarily a producer of ANIME movies and tv shows, they didn't do too badly with the FS DVDs.

I imagine the A&E versions will be much better, provided they make the DVDs from the master copy of the show.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyDude View Post
                              DVDs are not VHS haha, picture & audio quality aren't going to deteriorate.
                              With the condition of some of those Dvd's from Netflix, anything is possible. I've had everything from looking brand new to looking like a dog's well used play toy.
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

With the condition of some of those Dvd's from Netflix, anything is possible. I've had everything from looking brand new to looking like a dog's well used play toy.
                                Yeah, that is never cool. Very aggravating.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X