10 Years of FarScape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
    I don't care how old the show is. I just saw season 1 and I still love it as much as I love watching Stargate SG1. Both shows have a certain hook on me, I admit it. Yea for Farscape!!!!
    Same goes for me, my friend. Farscape and SG-1 are my favorite shows of all time, and probably always will be.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost 10 years.

I watched the show when it first aired in Australia back when I was 9 years old. I did'nt really like it at the time (which is why it took me until last year to watch the rest of the series) but found it interesting enough to watch the entire first season. When season 2 started channel 9 kept moving the show around causing me to miss episodes and when I finally got to watch an episode I just got confused and just gave up on watching it.

Flash forward to 2005 and I see both Browder and Black now in one of my favourite shows which rekindled my curiosity in Farscape, however, not enough to get me to go back and watch it as I remembered not liking it that much the first time. Then in 2008 I remembered that the show was made in Australia which immediately prompted me rewatch the 1st season and I just fell in love with it, so much so that I forked out the cash and bought the entire series.

Anyway! Happy 10th anniversary Farscape! I hope the franchise continues to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
        I don't care how old the show is. I just saw season 1 and I still love it as much as I love watching Stargate SG1. Both shows have a certain hook on me, I admit it. Yea for Farscape!!!!
        same here dear... I am also a big fan of FarScape. I love this show & never miss any episode..

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial_Prince View Post
          Anyway! Happy 10th anniversary Farscape! I hope the franchise continues to grow.
          With the official comics that have started, and the upcoming webisodes, Farscape will continue on. It will continue to grow. And that makes this fan very happy.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
            Piece of trivia for the new viewers.

The first Farscape episode that aired was not the Premier and didn't air on SciFi

It was PKTechGirl that aired on the USA network.
            Really?

Well I didn't get into Farscape until the last couple of eps of Season 2, but I was hooked from there on out even though I came in on crazy Crichton and then they killed Aeryn and I was like wtf. The 3rd season couldn't air fast enough because I wanted to see more.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

I will be doing my celebrating in November, at the Official convention

The first Farscape episode that aired was not the Premier and didn't air on SciFi

That's not so according to the US Airdate listing at www.farscapeworld.com.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I will be doing my celebrating in November, at the Official convention

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                That's not so according to the US Airdate listing at www.farscapeworld.com.
                I've looked and looked. Unfortunately all of them (the various Farscape episode list sites) show the airing schedule for the Sci Fi Channel only. However, I can personally attest to the correctness of SylvreWolfe's assertion. The premiere episode aired on Friday, March 19, 1999. But PK Tech Girl aired on Sunday evening, March 14, 1999. I remember this clearly because it piqued my interest enough that I decided to check out the pilot (or premiere) episode that following Friday. At the time, the USA Network owned Sci Fi Channel - and they wanted to promote their new show. Hence, the stunt showing of PK Tech Girl. If you don't believe me, ask around. I know that I can't be the only one who remembers this tidbit.

Comment

That is so weird that they would show "PK Tech Girl" before showing the first episode.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by StarCapnRa View Post
                    I've looked and looked. Unfortunately all of them (the various Farscape episode list sites) show the airing schedule for the Sci Fi Channel only. However, I can personally attest to the correctness of SylvreWolfe's assertion. The premiere episode aired on Friday, March 19, 1999. But PK Tech Girl aired on Sunday evening, March 14, 1999. I remember this clearly because it piqued my interest enough that I decided to check out the pilot (or premiere) episode that following Friday. At the time, the USA Network owned Sci Fi Channel - and they wanted to promote their new show. Hence, the stunt showing of PK Tech Girl. If you don't believe me, ask around. I know that I can't be the only one who remembers this tidbit.
                    USA & SciFi were both owned by Universal Vivindi at the time and were "sister" networks. USA did not (to the best of my knowledge) ever "own" SciFi.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                      2 more months, everyone!

Of course, many of us have only just discovered this show in recent years (or months), but others have been around since the beginning. But, in 2 months, FarScape will be 10 years since the premiere of the first episode.

What are you all planning to do to celebrate FarScape's 10th Anniversary?
                      I've got the entire series on DVD, so I'll probably have a Farscape marathon.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigMacD. View Post
                        I've got the entire series on DVD, so I'll probably have a Farscape marathon.
                        Yeah, I'll probably do a week long sort of thing. Pretty much watch nothing but Farscape.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

about 4 months ago I finally decided it was time to get into farscape. So I went out and bought the box sets for the 4 seasons. I occassionally watched it on Sci Fi, but could really never workout what is going on. But now I am half way through season 2, and all I can say "ITS GREAT".

There is no show like Farscape, and I am proud because it was made in Australia with many Australian Actors. Ben Browder as Creighton is sooooo much better then he is as Mitchel. And Claudia Black is just awsome.

Hooray for Farscape and happy birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                            about 4 months ago I finally decided it was time to get into farscape. So I went out and bought the box sets for the 4 seasons. I occassionally watched it on Sci Fi, but could really never workout what is going on. But now I am half way through season 2, and all I can say "ITS GREAT".

There is no show like Farscape, and I am proud because it was made in Australia with many Australian Actors. Ben Browder as Creighton is sooooo much better then he is as Mitchel. And Claudia Black is just awsome.

Hooray for Farscape and happy birthday.
                            I think I can state that we are all very happy you decided to give Farscape a shot. It was a very special show to many of us, and having people still getting into it is so great to see.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I think I can state that we are all very happy you decided to give Farscape a shot. It was a very special show to many of us, and having people still getting into it is so great to see.
                              Thanks I am very happy as well, I never realised how frantic and action packed it was. I feel drained after I have seen an episode (in good way though). I have yet to see a bad or boring episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                                Thanks I am very happy as well, I never realised how frantic and action packed it was. I feel drained after I have seen an episode (in good way though). I have yet to see a bad or boring episode.
                                IMO, there really aren't any bad or boring episodes. Even the one's that are a bit slower are still better than most of what is on TV these days.
                                Last edited by the fifth man; 10 February 2009, 06:09 PM.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X