No announcement yet.

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abosolutely...I definately agree with you, DFA. The special effects and graphics in The Peacekeeper Wars were absolutely out of this world. I want that scene where you're watching the homeworld tear to peices as a screen saver or a wallpaper somehow... that'd be SWEET... or, even better, it could be the screen that pops up when my computer de-frags.
    - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
    THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
    BM: "Aren't they all?"
    www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
    www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
      The show LOOKED fantastic. A lot of money was put into this and the sets and special effects and space battles all reflected the larger budget. But at the heart of the matter you need story and fantastic characters and the miniseries was at its best when it was concentrating on the characters we love or the intrigues of the Scarrans and Peacekeepers.
      Definitely at its best when focusing on the characters. I agree. The mini-series did look visually stunning which added to its greatness, but I have always loved the show because of the great depth of the characters. The nice special effects are well… nice on the eye, but I was never too concerned with them during the show’s span. Though they really did an impressive job there in the final 30 minutes of the mini-series. That special effect was really warranted. The series has always excelled in the storytelling department, not special effects, imo, which never bothered me.

Originally posted by Kes
      It was fantastic to see John and Aeryn together again and reminded me why they're my favorite ship. Even getting married the snarky humor and interplay between the two was never lost to sappiness and Aeryn is still the kickbut peacekeeper at heart. I was particularly impressed with Ben Browder's energy in this show. Truth be told I think Claudia is probably a better actor but without Ben's ability make Crichton's one-liners and Harvey moments work you could be looking at some real silly scenes on-screen.
      But he's so easy on the eyes. Who needs acting ability?

Naw, Ben’s a great actor, but Claudia may have a slight edge on him, but I’m shallow and have always loved him since I got hooked on the show. I don't think there was ever a John/Harvey moment in the show's span that I didn't love, and I loved the ones in this mini-series. Course there was never really that much that I didn't like about the show, twisted humor and all.

They are most definitely my favorite ship pair, and the only pair I've ever had a vested interest in. They are the only pair I’ve ever truly shipped for that I can think of at the moment.

Originally posted by Kes
      The story definitely had its moments. I think all Farscape fans have been looking forward to the Scarran/Peacekeeper confrontation and although it seemed a little rushed it is still a good story. Classic Crichton/Harvey moments were interjected - great for longtime viewers, probably perplexing to newcomers.
      The mini was a little rushed for me, but they just had too much to cram into 4 hours. That's why I wanted another season. I though parts of season 4 were not quite par with the previous seasons, but it was more quality than not, imo. I think season 5 (even if it was not a full complement of 22 shows. I could have lived with a shorter season.) would have been just as good if not better. I really wanted a proper resolution to such an innovative series, but I am still so grateful for the mini that I'll take what I can get. The really ended the story on a satisfying note.

Yeah I really wanted to know how the Scarran/PK/John thing was going to play itself out when S4 was over. They did though fail to address the little Scarran issue from S4.
      Spoiler:
      The thing with the flowers. Didn't they really need them to live or something. I haven't gone back and watched those episodes, so I'm sketchy on the details, but I don't recall that being resolved and that was the reason they wanted to go to Earth. John closing off the wormhole fixed the problem for Earth, but what about the Scarrans' need for them. Just wondering.

I would have hated to been a new viewer to the series and then be confronted with that twisted humor. Noobs were probably like WTF is that. At least it didn't have the two of them from that one episode in, I believe, season 4 when they were both in bunny suits and fighting about Easter and what have you. People would wonder what the writers were smoking.

Originally posted by Kes
      Spoiler:
      The revelations about the Eidolons and the origins of the Peacekeepers were satisfying moments - at least for me. The Scarrans destroying the temple and Jool's death were chilling.
      Spoiler:
      That was interesting. I think a 5th season would have expounded more up on it. They were implying that Peacekeepers were basically humans at one point until they modified them, right?

That was scary that it was that easy to obliterate them that easy. Anubis has some competition. They always kill of the good characters. I about cried when they killed Crais and Talyn.

Originally posted by Kes
      Spoiler:
      D'Argo & Chianna's faux-death didn't work so well because it was so obviously not the end. And I groaned when Jothee showed up (who sure looked different). Sikozu and Jool really didn't have much to do and both looked weird with Sikozu getting a major makeover.
      Spoiler:
      Yeah, that didn't work for me. I was like they aren't going to kill them, but then they turn around and kill him in the second part. *sniffle* Same here about Jothee but then in the second part he seemed to fit. In the first part he seemed a little forced, and I thought they were just going to toss him into the mix with no real purpose. He was one of those hanging story lines that I guess they felt obligated to bring closure to.

No kidding about the makeover. Should have known she was the spy. I never really liked that character so I wasn't too sad with her demise. I liked Jool much better and thought she had a better fit in the series than Sikozu.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

D'Argo Crichton? Okay.

I loved the end with the three of them and John holding the baby up. Awww. . .

I'm going to miss it. I'm really going to miss Ben in tight leather pants and a tight black t-shirt. If we could just get Daniel in that outfit, I'd die a happy woman.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Wow.

That was just... WOW!

This was well worth the wait, IMO. So much drama, emotion, humour (and explosives ) all wrapped up into four amazing hours. I just love Ben Browder and Claudia Black. I can not say it enough times, they are such a huge reason why I find Farscape so intriguing in the first place. The way that they make me connect to the characters of Crichton and Aeryn is just so wonderful. Also, the effects and the scale of this miniseries was incredible, it really showed how much dedication had gone into making it.

Couple of things: (spoilers)

Spoiler:

- A pregnant Rygel. ROFL. Only in Farscape.
          - Lovelovelove the fact that Aeryn still wanted to fire her gun, even while in labour.
          - I thought the way they finally managed to get married was very fitting. If you're gonna keep getting interrupted, why not tie the knot while she's having the baby? I mean, it makes sense.
          - Also very funny when Stark didn't get the lines right, so Aeryn slapped him. Twice.
          - Sobbed when D'Argo died (did know he was going to die - was spoiled for that - but I didn't know when). Thought it was typical Farscape humour when he made Crichton laugh, in telling him to leave so he could talk to Chiana.
          - Sobbed when Aeryn screamed at someone to help her, when John was unconscious, just after he disconnected from the wormhole-thingie.
          - Lovely ending.
          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

You don't have to sue the spoiler tags, if the spoiler title is in the thread title.

Also, I think the whole mini-series was carried by Aeryn. She was so much better in this than in the seasons. My applause to her.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I have one question... When would this come to Canada? Or on DVD?

If you by any chance know, please PM me.

Thank you ^-^
              sigpic
              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

The Region1 DVD is due out the 18th of Janurary, for 20 bucks.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                  The Region1 DVD is due out the 18th of Janurary, for 20 bucks.
                  YES!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! I found a belated christmas present

Man, most of my gift ideas are DVD's x.x
                  sigpic
                  In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas

Same here with the DVDs! You should see my wish list on Amazon.com.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                        Same here with the DVDs! You should see my wish list on Amazon.com.
                        lol, mine has about 13 items on it. 10 DVD's, 3 games.

This is my internet wish list in general (both amazon.ca and gamespot.com)
                        sigpic

Comment

I remember one Friday night,watching the opening credits of the series and thinking, " Why are only three actors listed in the credits? There are five leads on the show!" Am I the only one who forgot that Rygel and Pilot aren't real?

I noticed that Pilot's voice was very different in the mini-series. Has anyone heard anything about it? I'm sure the witch lady was a different actress.

I was also confused about the interchangeable red headed females. I never could keep them straight. No insult to redheads intended.

And the opening scene of "Sparky" underwater was beautifully done. Was it computer animation? I want it as a screen saver.
                          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I noticed that Pilot's voice was very different in the mini-series. Has anyone heard anything about it? I'm sure the witch lady was a different actress.
                            i didn't notice any real difference other than Lani Tupu (pilots voice) seemed to sound more like Crais (who he also played on Farscape) that Pilot but both Pilot and Nuranti were done by the original actors. Lani Tupu returned to do Pilot and Melissa Jaffer returned to do Nuranti.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                              i didn't notice any real difference other than Lani Tupu (pilots voice) seemed to sound more like Crais (who he also played on Farscape) that Pilot but both Pilot and Nuranti were done by the original actors. Lani Tupu returned to do Pilot and Melissa Jaffer returned to do Nuranti.
                              I was so surprised about Lani Tupu playing Pilot that I jumped over to the "Farscape" website to check it out. Well, right you are! I never guessed. But then I never guessed that Michael Shanks voiced Thor. I'm really impressed. However, I thought Pilot's voice was very different. Maybe it was the sound equipment.

By the way, he was great as Crais. I missed whatever happened to him.
                              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                                That's what I noticed as well - that Pilot sounded more like Crais this time around. I was pretty confident it was Lani because of that!

It's funny I think Thor sounds more like MS than in earlier years, especially in season 8.

I miss Crais too. I was a little weepy when Talon and Crais died and always hoped they would find a way to bring Crais back. Of course that would have diminished the impact of their deaths.
                                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X