Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    The webseries isn't even truly born yet. It's still in the womb so to speak so it's a little early, imho, to be worrying about who's going to be in it and who's not. Give the creative team the chance to CREATE it before freaking out.
    Us hearing about it so early into the deal is going to hurt in the end. It could be quite awhile before we really hear too much. Still though, it is nice to know we have new Farscape to look forward to sometime soon.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Us hearing about it so early into the deal is going to hurt in the end. It could be quite awhile before we really hear too much. Still though, it is nice to know we have new Farscape to look forward to sometime soon.

I don't think so. Sure there will be a few fans who give up before it's started but the major portion of Scapers will wait until the frellin' budong comes home. I know this one will.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfax View Post
        Thanks for the info
        No problem, hope it helped. Sorry if it sounded a bit snarky, but that info is all over the place, even here. I'm guessing you just hadn't found out for yourself yet.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          No problem, hope it helped. Sorry if it sounded a bit snarky, but that info is all over the place, even here. I'm guessing you just hadn't found out for yourself yet.
          Not snarky at at, I just started looking into this particular thread forum
          sigpic

Comment

I just got it and watched it and can I say WOW it totally blew me away. I have seen a bit of all 4 seasons not in order but enough to know what is going on. I didn't understand why they did that to Jool and I may be in the minority but I was not sad about D'Argo he went out a warrior. Loved the Rygel Aeryn moments and the baby thing was hilarious from beginning to end. I think this wrapped up the series real well. Loved all the wedding moments. I really liked the end and the moment of truth battle.
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

A few PKW baby type pics

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                I just got it and watched it and can I say WOW it totally blew me away. I have seen a bit of all 4 seasons not in order but enough to know what is going on. I didn't understand why they did that to Jool and I may be in the minority but I was not sad about D'Argo he went out a warrior. Loved the Rygel Aeryn moments and the baby thing was hilarious from beginning to end. I think this wrapped up the series real well. Loved all the wedding moments. I really liked the end and the moment of truth battle.
                Congrats on getting the DVD! What did you think about the 30 min special DVD? Neat-o, huh?

Yes, this is THE best miniseries Sciffy has done. (The only other close contender would be Sci-Fi's remake Wizard of Oz and V, but it was on a different network.)

Yes, it's definitely a DVD I'll watch and rewatch over and over and over again. And it gets even better as you watch more of the shows and you see something new in the mini-series you didn't catch before. (Like you, I watch PKW without seeing the entire four seasons.)

Jool started to grow on me about the time she left the Moyans and stayed on Arnessk (?). I wished they had developed her character more ... I like her a lot better than Sikozu (though PKW probably has something to do with that!).

I hated to see D'Argo die, but at least he did get to go out like the warrior that he was, guns blazing away, and wouldn't even let Stark ease his pain!

But I can't help but thinking ... this could have been Season 5 and what a GREAT Season 5 it would have been!!!!!

Yes, this was one kickin' movie!

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post
                  A few PKW baby type pics
                  Which baby? Oh wait ... yea ... THAT baby ...

Great pics

Comment

poundpuppy, here's a Jool video for you ...

The little "behind the scenes" clip at the beginning is priceless!! Had not seen that one before!

Edit: not mine of course!

Comment

I loved the Documentary too I wanted more.
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
                        poundpuppy, here's a Jool video for you ...

The little "behind the scenes" clip at the beginning is priceless!! Had not seen that one before!

Edit: not mine of course!
                        Great find I really can't wait to get the whole series so I can see her more.
                        sigpic

Comment

Rushed? Sure. The entire fifth season's major moments were plotted, and the back half of the fourth was written with them in mind.

Did things go by too quickly, and were there 'too many' things going on at once, even for Farscape's claim to fame being, in part, the very quick, tense atmosphere so commonly surrounding much of its runtime? Quite possibly, yes. Of course, it can't be helped, given the situation, and I'm simply proud today that I was a part (however minor) in the Save Farscape campaign that got the attention of investors and gave TPTB their chance to wrap things up for the time being.

I love the miniseries. It's four of the finest hours in the series, and a terrific way to wrap up various elements.

I wasn't too pleased with killing off D'Argo, but I've learned to accept it. To quote Aeryn to D'Argo very early on, when they still saw one-another as enemies, 'you're going to die -- but not today'. Yeah, she was right. We're all going to die, eventually, and in the past couple of years, I've had to accept that quite a bit on a personal level in life, and since then, I've come to accept 'random killing off character' moments and can appreciate the power in the scene, truly.

Sikozu's revelations irked me, but a big part of this is very clearly the product of not having enough time in some aspects to really tell the picture as broadly as was intended. A season was built around her in the fourth in a specific light, and it's very clear that a big chunk of the fifth was supposed to continue this in a separate light, with her coming closer and closer to Scorpius but receiving the opportunity to free her people and such. It's alright, though. For what they had, it was good enough, and it wasn't really nearly as important as wrapping up major plotlines, which they did very well.

Same thing with Grayza, really.
                          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

With how amazing PKWs was, it really does make me think about how terrific Season 5 of this show would have been.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              With how amazing PKWs was, it really does make me think about how terrific Season 5 of this show would have been.
                              I agree, that would have been one fantastic season.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post
                                I agree, that would have been one fantastic season.
                                Yeah, I really have no doubts about that. Still, it's better that we got the PKWs at all.

Now, hopefully, these future webisodes will breathe new life into this great show.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X