No announcement yet.

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK Wars. Pics, discussions, etc. We will not put any of season 1-4 or PK Wars in spoilers.

Comment

Too rushed

I got the impression from watching it that it was intended as a full season. Just a lot of little things really, Comandant clevage being pregnant, Jothis return, Sukozu being a spy, Jool, Aeryns pregnancy lasting a few days.

All this stuff just seemed really out of place and like there was more they wanted to do with it. I don' know the whole "end of Farscape" story behind the scenes so forgive me if i'm stating the obvious.

Hopefully some of this stuff will be explored in the webisodes I really want to see more of Sukozu's motives for being a spy, they seemed so shallow seeing as she was aparently created specifically to be a resistance fighter.

Comment

lol well yea it does give you the feeling that it was rushed because it pretty much condensed the events of an entire season into a few hours. But I still liked it A LOT. I thought it was a great ending to Farscape. Of course now that the new webisodes are coming out we know that Farscape isn't ending anytime soon so that's good. There are so many things I loved about this miniseries...
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Overall, I loved the PKW miniseries. Some aspects may have been rushed, but it was better than potentially never seeing things play out as TPTB intended.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really liked PKW. Although of course wish it had been much longer. About the only things I didn't like was D'argo's fate, and Sikozu plot line. But then Sikozu was the only main character than never really grew on me.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Yes, it was a bit rushed for me too. But it was a good bit of rushing ... in that you didn't DARE take your eyes off the screen for missing something, and you definitely wanted to watch it over and over and over again to see what you missed the first time you watched it.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who found Sikozu confusing. I'll admit to not watching all of S4, so figured I had missed some key episode or something. I thought her treachery was a bit of a stretch and don't remember it being explained during the course of the show.

So ... just what was it Scorpi did to her? At the end, did he kill her or just break her back or something so she couldn't move (and so she'd die a slow, agonizing, death). I've never been able to figure out exactly what he did. (I know about her being a bioloid, so don't worry about spoiling me).

I wish they had had more of Jool, without her demise coming so quickly, but I gather she wasn't particularly a favorite of the fan base. (I haven't seen very many episodes with Jool).

Comment

[QUOTE=Thunderstorm;7030357] ... Although of course wish it had been much longer. ... [QUOTE]

I forgot to add ...

About 20 hours longer would have sufficed very well

Comment

The PKwars Jool was a different character almost it was certainly odd.

But the Sikozu thing is the part taht really bugged me. Her turning to Scorpi was comming and that was fine. Her new look was annoying but I could deal with it. And I got that red Sikozu doesn't look PK enough.

But ok at the end of season 4 we have her character set up as a bioloid created by the Kalish resistance and implanted with Scaren killing glands.

Then suddenly she's a traitor to her creators and one must assume whatever kind of programing Bioloids are given. It was such an out fo left field hit and I wish tehre could of been mroe explaination of it.

My only hope is that she survived the wormhole weapon somehow and we'll learn more in the web series. But thats very unlikely.

Comment

it's scifi, so even death is not certain, besides they could have just been transported some where else
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Well, you guys are essentially correct. It did seem rushed. But it was compensating for the 5th season that never happened. What was in PKW was a story/ies that was/were suppose to unfold and play out in an entire season. A season that was ripped from us by lying, manipulative, *insert long string of expletives here*. But no, I am not still bitter about that.......

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                        Well, you guys are essentially correct. It did seem rushed. But it was compensating for the 5th season that never happened. What was in PKW was a story/ies that was/were suppose to unfold and play out in an entire season. A season that was ripped from us by lying, manipulative, *insert long string of expletives here*. But no, I am not still bitter about that.......
                        Believe me, I know how you feel. I'm sure a lot of us do. But at least there is a chance this show may get a second lease on life. With most of Sci-Fi's new shows bombing right out of the gate, bringing back Farscape could help the struggling channel out some.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

David Kemper said he originally planned to have Aeryn pregnant for half the 5th season. It would have been interesting to see how that played out.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Believe me, I know how you feel. I'm sure a lot of us do. But at least there is a chance this show may get a second lease on life. With most of Sci-Fi's new shows bombing right out of the gate, bringing back Farscape could help the struggling channel out some.
                            Since BB and CB are out of jobs (SG1 ending) it could be feasable to get them back.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfax View Post
                              Since BB and CB are out of jobs (SG1 ending) it could be feasable to get them back.
                              No offense, but BB and CB are NOT out of jobs. Yes, SG1 ended. But from several other fans here it's well known that Ben has a few projects he's working on.

Claudia had a small part in the new NBC show "Life" and TPTB willing once she's had her second kid, there might be another role for her on that show, if not I'm sure she'll have no problems finding a job.

As for the Webseries, Ben is interested and according to the Scapecast interveiw a couple of weeks ago with Claudia, she has not been approached YET for the webseries.

The webseries isn't even truly born yet. It's still in the womb so to speak so it's a little early, imho, to be worrying about who's going to be in it and who's not. Give the creative team the chance to CREATE it before freaking out.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                                No offense, but BB and CB are NOT out of jobs. Yes, SG1 ended. But from several other fans here it's well known that Ben has a few projects he's working on.

Claudia had a small part in the new NBC show "Life" and TPTB willing once she's had her second kid, there might be another role for her on that show, if not I'm sure she'll have no problems finding a job.

As for the Webseries, Ben is interested and according to the Scapecast interveiw a couple of weeks ago with Claudia, she has not been approached YET for the webseries.

The webseries isn't even truly born yet. It's still in the womb so to speak so it's a little early, imho, to be worrying about who's going to be in it and who's not. Give the creative team the chance to CREATE it before freaking out.
                                Thanks for the info
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X