Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
    I wouldn't put it past them to bring him back. Although I agree it would minimize the original impact, most fans would love to have all the original characters back in any upcoming installments of the show, regardless of in what format they'll be (comics, webisodes, etc)
    There will always be a part of me that would want him to come back. I just think he went out valiantly, and died like a true Luxan warrior.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Personally, I don't see them bringing D'Argo back, in the comics or otherwise. I kind of think it would minimize his sacrifice and courage he displayed in PKWs. He spent his final moments defending his friends, allowing them to escape.
      I agree that it would be a bad idea, but they definitely left the door open for the possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
        I agree that it would be a bad idea, but they definitely left the door open for the possibility.
        Yeah, to a certain extent, I guess they did. In that we didn't actually visually see him perish. He sure didn't think he was going to make it though.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Although they did leave it open I still like it had a chance to wrap up everything instead of just ending at "Bad Timing." After I saw that one I was like sooo glad there was PKWs. I would've been really pissed. But as for leaving it open, it was one of those endings that like leaves you thinking, which I like. Babylon 5 left you thinking Sheridan was off somewhere great, DS9 had you thinking is Sisko coming back and how will everyone recover from the war, The Shield left you with did Vic turn himself in for Ronnie or smile and prove that he would get through the desk job. I like those endings.
          I think now I'm gonna rewatch B5, ST, SG and Farscape and then decide my true fav
          There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Don't care what you all say, D'Argo is not dead!
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I think D'Argo will probably be like Zhaan. There in spirit, but not really there in a physical body. That would not diminish his sacrifice any, and create a way for him to communicate with the others at certain key moments whenever his presence might be needed.
              StarshineRoxie
              A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Yeah, to a certain extent, I guess they did. In that we didn't actually visually see him perish. He sure didn't think he was going to make it though.
                For me it's more of the Mad Doctor being there as well, not just not showing him. D' is probably frozen somewhere waiting to be fixed or cycled for parts

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                  For me it's more of the Mad Doctor being there as well, not just not showing him. D' is probably frozen somewhere waiting to be fixed or cycled for parts
                  Well that's a lovely thought.

Yeah, if they really wanted to bring D'Argo back they could.

I'm kinda torn between whether I'd want them to do that or not though...if tptb ever considered it.

Granted I didn't much care for his off screen death or his death period, but bringing him back would cheapen that as well as the impact of baby Crichton being named after him. For me anyway.

But on the other side of the coin, I'd love to have him back in future stories because I loved his and Crichton's friendship. Aside from the John/Aeryn story which is one of my very top reasons for loving the show, the way D'Argo and Crichton played off each other (in both serious and comedic ways) is up there as well.

That's why I could probably never love another Farscape show if it were brought back. It would most likely be missing them.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
                    All I have to say is just wow. After an amazing series, they created an amazing finale. Farscape is now tied for first with Star Trek, Stargate, and Babylon 5. I'm so glad I checked into this series. I absolutely loved it. Although I'm normally not one for character deaths, D'Argos was meaningful and I actually thought it really added to the drama of the finale. As I was watching I was having a weird feeling that maybe more than just one would die but they wrote very nicely. Much better than how Babylon 5 ended but Farscape is such a great show. I wish it continued.
                    While I thought the Peacekeeper Wars was a great finale, I do think "Sleeping in Light" (the Babylon 5 finale) was better. Then again, I prefer the dramatic resolutions as compared to the action ones... but PW was excellent nonetheless; climactic and thrilling all the way.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Even though they did leave D's death open for interpretation (they could bring him back if they wanted to) I don't think they would unless it was really necessary for some reason or another.

On his last scene, I love the "whos your daddy" lines, just made me laugh and cry at the same time. It was a great send off for a great character.

Pro SGU
                      / . / . / . /Amelia

Comment

Originally posted by GraceONeill View Post
                        Even though they did leave D's death open for interpretation (they could bring him back if they wanted to) I don't think they would unless it was really necessary for some reason or another.

On his last scene, I love the "whos your daddy" lines, just made me laugh and cry at the same time. It was a great send off for a great character.
                        Yeah, that part made me laugh and cry as well. Definitely some conflicting emotions going on there.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                          But on the other side of the coin, I'd love to have him back in future stories because I loved his and Crichton's friendship. Aside from the John/Aeryn story which is one of my very top reasons for loving the show, the way D'Argo and Crichton played off each other (in both serious and comedic ways) is up there as well.
                          They had some great lines - I really miss D'Argo (I like the mad scientist frozen idea - plausible way to have him still in the series)

Fractures (3rd season - right before Aeryn comes back to the Moya)

JOHN:
                          ( holding out the shirts in either hand )
                          Which one, green or black?

D'ARGO:
                          This is not the time.

JOHN:
                          D'Argo! Green or black?

D'ARGO:
                          Well, the black of course!

D'ARGO:
                          I mean, far be it from me to say, but I've always thought that the cut of that green shirt doesn't suit the shape of your body.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

LOL!

It's stuff like that that I will miss.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                              LOL!

It's stuff like that that I will miss.
                              Yeah, me too. D'Argo and John did have a lot of great moments together.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

A good idea, if they are such a disliked species, would be for their battle suits, uniforms & such to have some sort of built in cooling system since others may turn the heat up on their ships if they see a peace keeper is about to board them. Maybe a spoiler but I recall they did that once, John had Pilot turn up the internal temperature once for that reason.

Maybe they don't due to military budgets and going with the lowest bidder & such.

Comment

Working...
                                X