Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    It's possible that humans are descended from Sebeceans. Most Peacekeepers are Sebecean but not all Sebeceans are Peacekeepers.

Not sure I understand why anyone would think that the Idalons face spliting open would be rude but then I just thought it was totally frellin' cool.

The people I was showing PK Wars too only came in the room the moment after the face had opened.. Thus the comment "is that a rude show" and I had to rewind the DVD to the moments before that.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      The people I was showing PK Wars too only came in the room the moment after the face had opened.. Thus the comment "is that a rude show" and I had to rewind the DVD to the moments before that.
      Wait...they think/thought FS was RUDE?! Seriously? I'm sorry you know people who think that. It's sad. FS Rocks!
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        Wait...they think/thought FS was RUDE?! Seriously? I'm sorry you know people who think that. It's sad. FS Rocks!

LOL No just that before they found it was a face opening up they had seen the pic post opening and thought it was a fanny or p**sy
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          LOL No just that before they found it was a face opening up they had seen the pic post opening and thought it was a fanny or p**sy
          Ok...now I understand. Thanks.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I love PKW so much. I just rewatched it and I had totally forgotten how amazing it is (I actually I just rewatched the whole series and I had forgotten how amazing it all was). Its just such a solid three hours of TV. I love the whole "can't take your eyes off the screen" aspect to it. I felt it was a perfect ending to a fantastic series. While, I still seriously want more I feel that they left all the characters in a place where they were all done. There's no wondering about what will happen to people. Amazing TV. I almost wish I had never seen it so I could watch it all for the first time again.
            Have you ever liked somebody so much, you just wanna lock yourself in your room, turn on sad music & cry?

We are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaE View Post
              Amazing TV. I almost wish I had never seen it so I could watch it all for the first time again.
              That's a great line. Sums it up perfectly.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Thanks. My friends and I say all the time about things we have just seen and loved. I never really mean it like a do with Farscape. Despite how much I adore a rewatch of any episode there really is no way to recapture the magic you felt when you first watched it.
                Have you ever liked somebody so much, you just wanna lock yourself in your room, turn on sad music & cry?

We are coming.

Comment

I am new to farscape, but I don't understand. The Peace Keepers and the heat intolerance. That is a HUGE disadvantage for them. Wouldn't they want to find a race that would make better soilders, or find a way to fix the problem? If the PKs go all bonky at the first sign of heat, there is alot of places they couldn't go to many places...

"Yes Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry!" ~Sheppard
                  (one of my favourite lines)

Comment

You make it sound so easy. Humans get cancer, right? Wouldn't we want to fix that problem?

And regarding other races; First of all, good luck trying to find another race and convince them to die for you. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a pretty bad deal to me. Besides, most races don't like the Peacekeepers. And secondly, the Sebaceans are pretty serious about pure-blood stuff, so I don't think they'd want another race fighting for them. And the heat intolerance it isn't really that big of a problem anyway, since most wars are fought in ship-to-ship combat.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

You make it sound so easy. Humans get cancer, right? Wouldn't we want to fix that problem?

And regarding other races; First of all, good luck trying to find another race and convince them to die for you. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a pretty bad deal to me. Besides, most races don't like the Peacekeepers. And secondly, the Sebaceans are pretty serious about pure-blood stuff, so I don't think they'd want another race fighting for them. And the heat intolerance it isn't really that big of a problem anyway, since most wars are fought in ship-to-ship combat.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

The thing is though that they might not even consider it so much as a weakness as just a normal species trait. We only see it as a weakness because our species has more heat tolerance than theirs.

Think of it this way. A species of aliens that came from a frozen world where it was always at least -50, and they were quite happy naked in that, would find it really weird and unusual that such "normal" temperatures could kill one of our kind in minutes and might wonder why we never tried to correct this "weakness" in our bodies.

Comment

All I have to say is just wow. After an amazing series, they created an amazing finale. Farscape is now tied for first with Star Trek, Stargate, and Babylon 5. I'm so glad I checked into this series. I absolutely loved it. Although I'm normally not one for character deaths, D'Argos was meaningful and I actually thought it really added to the drama of the finale. As I was watching I was having a weird feeling that maybe more than just one would die but they wrote very nicely. Much better than how Babylon 5 ended but Farscape is such a great show. I wish it continued.
                          There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Indeed, Farscape is great. Now get some courage and pick a true #1

I still fully expect for D to come back at some point, they left it too wide open, which I am not a big fan of.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                              Indeed, Farscape is great. Now get some courage and pick a true #1

I still fully expect for D to come back at some point, they left it too wide open, which I am not a big fan of.
                              Personally, I don't see them bringing D'Argo back, in the comics or otherwise. I kind of think it would minimize his sacrifice and courage he displayed in PKWs. He spent his final moments defending his friends, allowing them to escape.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Personally, I don't see them bringing D'Argo back, in the comics or otherwise. I kind of think it would minimize his sacrifice and courage he displayed in PKWs. He spent his final moments defending his friends, allowing them to escape.
                                I wouldn't put it past them to bring him back. Although I agree it would minimize the original impact, most fans would love to have all the original characters back in any upcoming installments of the show, regardless of in what format they'll be (comics, webisodes, etc)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X