No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just thought I would share what my sig is on FS sites it's a little smaller on them but this was the original before I sized it.

sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Wow, those sigs are certainly packed.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

A lot of great stories represented there, and three of the important ones are right at the top where they should be--FarScape, Stargate, Babylon 5.
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Probably an unpopular opinion but I never really liked Zhaan very much.

Guess I am just too much of an Aeryn/Chiana fanboy.
          Last edited by Prowler; 10 January 2013, 11:45 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Wow, those sigs are certainly packed.
            Thanks I worked very hard on them hours upon hours finding logos & ship & character pics, cropping & sizing I almost dred if another scifi or fantasy show comes along and I fall inlove I am going to have to rearrange or make some hard choices on the FS one I have room but not the SG one lol

Originally posted by McClance View Post
            A lot of great stories represented there, and three of the important ones are right at the top where they should be--FarScape, Stargate, Babylon 5.
            Thanks for noticing that which ones and what order were priority for me
            Last edited by poundpuppy29; 10 January 2013, 11:49 AM.
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
              Probably an unpopular opinion but I never really liked Zhaan very much.

Guess I am just too much of an Aeryn/Chiana fanboy.
              Everybody is entitled to their opinion. What didn't you like about her?
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As a fanboy he just didn't like that Zhaan got off on the sun more than anything else ?

I liked Zhaan but I can see why some people wouldn't. Due to her pacifism or such.

I don't know if there was a single main character I disliked. I disliked aspects of them, but that humanises them.

Comment

I just found to be a little dull, occasionally annoying and up herself. Think she could have been portrayed a little better.

I will admit that she had her moments but as soon as Chiana came into it, that was it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Chiana certainly was a one of a kind character. That is for sure.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Chiana was my least-favorite human-looking character, I think maybe because she was just so visually disturbing to me. Which is funny because I'm basically talking about a blue alien vs. a grey one, but there you have it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I love Chiana, easily my favourite character. I was so disappointed that her and D'argo didn't make it.

Comment

Chiana was my fav too but I didn't like her with D'Argo they didn't work for me she needed someone like John but not John if that makes any kind of sense.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vella View Post
                            I love Chiana, easily my favourite character. I was so disappointed that her and D'argo didn't make it.
                            Same here. I really didn't like the direction they took her romantically in the comics. IMO, they should have left her mourning D'Argo.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I really couldn't stand Chiana in the beginning. Her thieving ways that got her and the crew in trouble more than once annoyed me, and I'm really, really glad they eased up on her weird way of speaking (odd inflections) by season 3. I found that so distracting. At the same time she was a more complex character than, say, Vala, with whom she shares quite a few characteristics. (Odd how I detest Vala but really like Aeryn, at least until she starts moping for her lost Chrichton and ignores the second one for far too long).

Of course, Moya was a prison ship so we can't expect the crew to be morally pure. That said, they did a good job of writing the characters most of the time, they were complex enough to like despite their faults.
                              sigpic

Comment

Overall, I thought the Farscape writers did a wonderful job making the characters complex. No one was all good or all bad. It was very realistic that way.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X