Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Believe me, there is nothing wrong with having a favorite season. Personally, I just can't choose one above the others. Season 2 and 3 were full of very powerful, stunning episodes though.

I think I'm undecided between seasons 2 & 3, but season 4 had some great ones as well, especially the We're So Screwed episodes. And of course there's a lot of the episodes in the last half of season one.

I think I just have to go by favorite episodes instead of seasons. It's a longer list, but otherwise it's just too close to call.

Comment

I still quite new to the farscape universe but having what all season 1,2,3 and i am the 4 episodes of season 4 the lava one i would say i like season 1 because of Crais just been so evil
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

I think Season 3 is my favorite season. The music was great. Lani was a great addition to the regular cast as Crais--especially when it came to that climatic moment in "Lion's Den". His speech at the end always sends a shiver down my back as does the music that followed. Zhaan's speech in "Self-Inflicted Wounds" was marvelous.

Season 2 would be second, Season 1 would be third, and Season 4 would be last.

sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
          I think Season 3 is my favorite season. The music was great. Lani was a great addition to the regular cast as Crais--especially when it came to that climatic moment in "Lion's Den". His speech at the end always sends a shiver down my back as does the music that followed. Zhaan's speech in "Self-Inflicted Wounds" was marvelous.

Season 2 would be second, Season 1 would be third, and Season 4 would be last.

I will definitely second what you had to say about Lani. It was an excellent move for them to make him a part of the regular cast in Season 3. And I must agree, his speech at "the end" was indeed shiver-worthy.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Before I could make a decsion about what season was my favourite I think I'd have to go through and watch them all again. I must say though, that s3 does stick out in my mind. It was an amazing season to be sure. From start to finish it was packed full of everything, humour, angst, adventure ... all of the things that make Farscape great.

I just finished s4 last night ... I can't believe the way it ended! Yikes! This show really does take you through a range of emotions ... (Spoilers just deal with "Bad Timing")
            Spoiler:
            From saddness: John talking to his dad on the phone. To joy: the end with Aeryn and John in the boat. To fear: over Pilot and his well-being while he's away from Moya, or with Chiana and her eyes, or even meeting the Scarrans while collapsing the wormhole. To utter desperation: watching the vessel come down on John/Aeryn at the end (D'Argos scream at the end of the episode was so heart-breaking) ... Just to name a few.
            I think it's really great when you have a show that can take you to all of those places and more, even just within a single episode. To me it marks really great talent, all around. Not just with the actors you see on the screen, but with everyone involved in production.

And just one other thing ... I've officially found my favourite line in Farscape (Putting it in spoilers just in case). From the "We're So Screwed" trilogy ...
            Spoiler:
            I absoultely loved Aeryn's response to Crichton saying that Akhna scared him ... "It's the hat." I don't know why but it's become one of favourite lines

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
              I just finished s4 last night ... I can't believe the way it ended! Yikes! This show really does take you through a range of emotions ...

I think it's really great when you have a show that can take you to all of those places and more, even just within a single episode. To me it marks really great talent, all around. Not just with the actors you see on the screen, but with everyone involved in production.
              That's putting it mildly, my friend.

As for your comment about the talent level on this show, I couldn't agree more. It was very evident IMO.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As for your comment about the talent level on this show, I couldn't agree more. It was very evident IMO.
                Yeah the show really has that special spark of brillance about it. It's all very well put together.

I started watching PKW right after I finished the s4 finale but I had to stop.
                Spoiler:
                I just couldn't take Pilot's voice at the time. It wasn't right to me. Am I right in hearing it slightly differently? Or do I need to go and get my hearing checked? It just sounded a little off to me.
                Anyway, I've decided to give myself a couple of days until I sit down and watch it again. Although the bit that I did see I enjoyed.

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

cshawzye, it is different. It bugged me too.
                  sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                  "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                  My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                    cshawzye, it is different. It bugged me too.
                    Ok, good (i guess). Thank you, though! Glad to know I'm not going crazy.

Comment

Yeah... Pilot's voice change in PKW does kind of make one want to scream--at least when he first speaks. The voice Lani used the previous four years was more suited for Pilot. But, as the movie went on, I sort of warmed up to the new voice. At least Pilot was in it at all.

And, at least Anthony didn't decide to go for a light voice on D'Argo. That would probably have been worse.

Last edited by McClance; 22 January 2007, 09:31 AM.
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

*comes running in*

Haven't been here in a long time... but I just wanted to say that I have the best cellphone in the world because it has the coolest ringtone ever -> 1812 -> which makes it my personal DRD (didn't come with a ship though)

*runs back out*
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          *comes running in*

Haven't been here in a long time... but I just wanted to say that I have the best cellphone in the world because it has the coolest ringtone ever -> 1812 -> which makes it my personal DRD (didn't come with a ship though)

*runs back out*
                          Don't stay away so long next time before you "run" back in.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            *comes running in*

*runs back out*
                            That's frelling awesome! I want to learn piano just so I can play that I might teach myself that. So awesome!
                            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

I am starting to get depressed iv only got 4 more eppisodes of season 4 to watch and then thats it
                              sigpic
                              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                              Metal gear fan

Comment

Don't stay away so long next time before you "run" back in.
                                I know...and I'll make sure to drop in more often.

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                                That's frelling awesome! I want to learn piano just so I can play that I might teach myself that. So awesome!
                                Oh cool, maybe I can get my cousin to play this. Thanks for the idea.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X