• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    PKW-spoiler
    Spoiler:

Who says he's dead?
    When Gigi was asked that question at the convention she was at in London last october, she answered that we don't actually see D'Argo die, so it's still possible he's in fact very much alive.
    Spoiler:

Honestly, I kind of hope he is dead, I always liked how they didn't bring Zhan back, even though she was probably my favorite of the Alien characters. I don't like when death becomes inconsequential. That said, I think you are right and that he might be alive, probably in a stasis pod that the creepy doctor guy has, since he was on the planet as well.

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
      I cannot imagine the agony experienced by those of you who saw it when it first aired.
      I was one of those people who saw it when it first aired. And was like, "What the ****!" I couldn't believe, at the time, that they'd end the show on a "...to be continued..." That hurt. I was truly stunned, and very upset.

That is, until I heard, some time later, that Peacekeeper Wars was being made to finish the story.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I can't help but wonder, too, how the network treated that silence during the ending credits.

Did they blare over it with announcements of what was going to be on next, like they normally do?
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I can't help but wonder, too, how the network treated that silence during the ending credits.

Did they blare over it with announcements of what was going to be on next, like they normally do?
          I don't remember for sure. But, I don't think they did. At least for most of the credits.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I thought it was an incredble ending, I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Extraordinarily brave to do that ending with it being very likely that there wouldn't ever be more Farscape.

I haven't seen any episodes of the show for about 2 years, and really want to get the DVDs but I can't find anywhere that they are reasonably priced? Does anyone know where to get them (in the UK) for the kind of price that other tv box-sets go for?
            I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Wow. I just saw Prayers. What an incredibly powerful show. John and Aeryn are the best couple I have ever seen protrayed on TV. Ben and Claudia are just simply faboulous actors and worked exceptional well with each other.
              Anyone who has been or is a parent will really feel the emotional impact with this show. Wow!!!
              And they cancelled Farscape after season 4. What the hell were they thinking! Just as it was really begining to reach it's potiental.
              Just can't say Wow enough for this episode.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                Wow. I just saw Prayers. What an incredibly powerful show. John and Aeryn are the best couple I have ever seen protrayed on TV. Ben and Claudia are just simply faboulous actors and worked exceptional well with each other.
                Anyone who has been or is a parent will really feel the emotional impact with this show. Wow!!!
                And they cancelled Farscape after season 4. What the hell were they thinking! Just as it was really begining to reach it's potiental.
                Just can't say Wow enough for this episode.
                Yeah, "Prayer" was a great one.

Who knows what Sci-Fi was thinking by cancelling it. Probably the same idiotic thing they were thinking just recently when they decided to cancel SG-1. That channel loves to mess with great shows.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Went back an watched the Pilot again last night. It is very fun to revisit it now that I know all the characters so well. It's sort of weird to see how different they actually looked at the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                    Went back an watched the Pilot again last night. It is very fun to revisit it now that I know all the characters so well. It's sort of weird to see how different they actually looked at the beginning.
                    I did the same thing over Christmas (just before I actually finished the last couple episodes of season 4). The pilot is a very interesting experience the second time through. It's strange because I knew so much and where all of these characters are headed but when I watched I still saw so many new things that enrich the show (both in quality and in my understanding). Although I'd seen an episode or two more than once, watching the pilot again I still saw things that opened my mind to new things that happen in later seasons. It's a very interesting thing ... and I was very impressed that even though I knew where these characters were headed, and was used to the new ways the characters looked, that the pilot still kept my attention like it did (if not more) than the first time I watched it.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                      I did the same thing over Christmas (just before I actually finished the last couple episodes of season 4). The pilot is a very interesting experience the second time through. It's strange because I knew so much and where all of these characters are headed but when I watched I still saw so many new things that enrich the show (both in quality and in my understanding). Although I'd seen an episode or two more than once, watching the pilot again I still saw things that opened my mind to new things that happen in later seasons. It's a very interesting thing ... and I was very impressed that even though I knew where these characters were headed, and was used to the new ways the characters looked, that the pilot still kept my attention like it did (if not more) than the first time I watched it.
                      Indeed.

And, knowing where the journey will take the characters adds greater scope to some of the lines: the conversation between John and his dad; John's line to Aeryn, "You can be more"; John's final line in that episode, "You know those rattlers we talked about? Well, I got 'em now" (I wouldn't blame him with what I know he's going to go through).

Before I watched PKW for the first time last August, I watched Premiere again to contrast our characters in the beginning with our characters in the end. It's really interesting.
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Indeed.

And, knowing where the journey will take the characters adds greater scope to some of the lines: the conversation between John and his dad; John's line to Aeryn, "You can be more"; John's final line in that episode, "You know those rattlers we talked about? Well, I got 'em now" (I wouldn't blame him with what I know he's going to go through).

Before I watched PKW for the first time last August, I watched Premiere again to contrast our characters in the beginning with our characters in the end. It's really interesting.
                        It definitely adds greater scope to things. Looking back, Farscape's "Premiere" was really something special. It set the groundwork for everything that came later better than I think anyone planned on.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                          that the pilot still kept my attention like it did (if not more) than the first time I watched it.
                          I definately liked it even more this time through. My only sadness is that, after watching Season 4 and PKW, I really got used to the brilliant widescreen presentation and wish that the whole series could've been that way.

Comment

The farscape primeair was only 1 episode right they had to fit in a lota explaning in 50 mins
                            sigpic
                            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                            Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                              The farscape primeair was only 1 episode right they had to fit in a lota explaning in 50 mins
                              Yeah, the premiere was only one episode. And they did fit a lot into the episode's time limit. But it wasn't cluttered at all. They really did a good job IMO of balancing just enough to get people interested in the show.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Yeah, the premiere was only one episode. And they did fit a lot into the episode's time limit. But it wasn't cluttered at all. They really did a good job IMO of balancing just enough to get people interested in the show.
                                Yeah they definitely did that. You don't want to give too much away in a premiere but just enough to get people hooked and wanting to come back to see more. Farscape did a great job on reeling you in and leaving out just the right bits of informations and giving us just enough to make the pilot enjoyable, but not enough that the story, the next episode was predictable or boring. And yeah in a world of 2 hour premiere's and over the top antics when it comes to kicking off a show Farscapes is very simple. It's refreshing.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                                "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Working...
                                X