No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First I wanted to say welcome to all the people who have joined the thread recently.

And I definitely agree with those people who have said don't stop watching! The quality of this show never falters even through some cast changes. The show seems to take it all in stride and just up the bar with every new character, new episode and new season.

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    That was so heartbreaking (i find myself saying that alot about this show )
    Spoiler:
    when he realized it wasn't her. I remember being shocked when he shot her/it - still not wanting to believe he had lost Aeryn.
    Yeah ... heartbreaking is definitely the right word for that scene (and for so many other scenes/episodes throughout the entire series). But it was especially so here considering where they'd gotten to in their relationship ...
    Spoiler:
    when the scene at the end was going on all that kept flashing through my head was the earlier scene with them sitting in Pilot's Den.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
      Yeah, it's weird how everyone kind of grows on you. Except for Jool, I just never got into her.
      Yeah, Jool was just alright. But as someone else said, in a lot of episodes there just seemed to be no point to her - except maybe to take over some of Zhaan's medical duties. I watched Eat Me recently & remember thinking why did they (the writers) even bother to have Jool with them?

Comment

That was so heartbreaking (i find myself saying that alot about this show )
        Spoiler:
        when he realized it wasn't her. I remember being shocked when he shot her/it - still not wanting to believe he had lost Aeryn.
        I had read the review before I watched this episode so I knew what was going to happen, but as descriptive as it was, it didn't come close to making me feel what the episode did. Well acted.

I liked 1st season Zhaan but I thought she went downhill after that. But I agree she could be that calming influence that they could have used in the later seasons.
        I don't know. I kind of liked that loss of control in the later years. Especially the end of season 4. Like I mentioned in a previous post, the descent was just fun! I mean how different are all these characters, especially John, from our social norms. They're criminals. They have worthy reasons for most of what they do, and some have regrets, but still. And we love them despite (or because?) of that.

All the other characters grew on me even more after several watchings (yes even Jool) except Sikozu. Never cared for her. Way to arrogant.
        She grew on me like Scorpius.. a good bad guy. And I liked her in the end of season 4 episodes. She was helpful, even if for her own reasons.

Comment

Hello, all! As some of you already know, I started watching Farscape this past summer. I started with the first episode and watched all four seasons and the mini-series in short order. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! It is definitely my favorite TV show of all time. If someone told me that I could only keep one collection of DVDs - I'd pick Farscape.

I had taken a break from watching Farscape (after watching non-stop for several months) for a few very simple reasons:
          1) I fell so *completely* in love with Claudia Black and Ben Browder that I wanted to start watching SG-1 to see them. And being the very thorough fan that I am, I decided that I should watch SG-1 from the very beginning so I would know what was happening when I got to Claudia and Ben's eps. And then I got hooked on Stargate. I've basically spent the last several months watching *all* of SG-1 and SGA. Obviously, it took a lot longer to finish than Farscape did.
          2) I was busy trying to get other people addicted!!! I have only been successful on two people so far - but once they got hooked, THEY GOT HOOKED. So, my DVDs have been in circulation and I haven't had access to them.

But now I have most of my collection back in my possession. I had to re-order the last set of DVDs (Starburst Edition 4.3) and it just arrived in the mail. (YAY! The collection is complete!!!) Unfortunately, two of the discs were dislodged and were bouncing around in the DVD case. I've been going through the discs to check that there hasn't been any damage to them. I'm almost done with one of the discs (Mental as Anything, Bringing Home the Beacon, and A Constellation of Doubt) and I'll check the other tomorrow (We're So Screwed, Part 3 and Bad Timing). I was just going to skip around a bit to make sure the disc played well, but I'm finding myself watching every bit of Bringing Home the Beacon. I LOVE THIS EPISODE SO MUCH. Talk about girl power! (Or should I say "jirl" power. ) I mean, how often do you see this many female characters getting to strut their stuff in one episode? We've got Aeryn, Sikozu, Chiana, Noranti, and even Grayza and Ahkna. *All* their performances are wonderful. And then the end of the episode. Ah...

Okay, I wanna get back to watching the episode.
          Last edited by meredithchandler73; 09 January 2007, 06:54 PM.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
            Hello, all! As some of you already know, I started watching Farscape this past summer. I started with the first episode and watched all four seasons and the mini-series in short order. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! It is definitely my favorite TV show of all time. If someone told me that I could only keep one collection of DVDs - I'd pick Farscape.
            Welcome to the madness!

My sister's the one who got me "hooked" on Farscape, and then I just spread the madness by getting a few of my friends hooked as well. I haven't been as successful with SG1.

Farscape is the only series I own, in its entirety, so I hear ya about "picking Farscape!"

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              It's funny, even Jool grew on me a little over time. And I never thought she would. Ever!
              Okay so there is hope for us who haven't reach that point yet with Jool I think her character was great for the diversity of the show but I am still having a hard time getting use to her.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                Okay so there is hope for us who haven't reach that point yet with Jool I think her character was great for the diversity of the show but I am still having a hard time getting use to her.
                Yeah, there is hope. Just try and give her a chance. She definitely has her annoying moments, but over time, and repeated viewings of episodes, I grew to like her more and more.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

On the Starburst DVD there is a new Commentary for this ep with Ben and Claudia. Their comments are hilarious and very interesting take on how they conceived the characters for this ep.
                  I totally agree. I love the commentary.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

So, is this show completely dead now, or is there still a chance for more mini-series or something? I'd love to see a spinoff mini-series of Earth fighting off the Scarans.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                      So, is this show completely dead now, or is there still a chance for more mini-series or something? I'd love to see a spinoff mini-series of Earth fighting off the Scarans.
                      There's bound to be more coming within a few years. We will see what we will see.

I ordered Starburst Collection 4.3 used from Amazon a few weeks ago. I'm a little worried as it still hasn't come yet. The order confirmation I got when I ordered said it would be shipped around the 27th of December. Perhaps I should check up on it...
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123 View Post
                        I don't know. I kind of liked that loss of control in the later years. Especially the end of season 4. Like I mentioned in a previous post, the descent was just fun! I mean how different are all these characters, especially John, from our social norms. They're criminals. They have worthy reasons for most of what they do, and some have regrets, but still. And we love them despite (or because?) of that.
                        Your comments made me think of the S4 episode "A Constellation of Doubt",
                        Spoiler:
                        where they talk about the "strange" behaviour of the various characters and then John's having post-traumatic stress disorder, and the way he was waiting for something to happen. By season 4 they just weren't putting up with the bad guys the way they used to.
                        And when you think about what Crichton has gone thru from that 1st episode of the series thru S4, it's a miracle he didn't go completely insane.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                          There's bound to be more coming within a few years. We will see what we will see.
                          Really? I thought the Jim Henson Company changing hand a couple of time killed that as ever happening. Mind you I would love to see more or even a movie, I just thought its dead.
                          Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                            Really? I thought the Jim Henson Company changing hand a couple of time killed that as ever happening. Mind you I would love to see more or even a movie, I just thought its dead.

The JHP company is now back in the hands of Brian Henson and his siblings. Brian still wants to make more FS, just other projects (sequel to The Dark Crystal for starters) have taken priority atm.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                              The JHP company is now back in the hands of Brian Henson and his siblings. Brian still wants to make more FS, just other projects (sequel to The Dark Crystal for starters) have taken priority atm.
                              WOW! That's great news, I'm very happy!
                              Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                                WOW! That's great news, I'm very happy!
                                Yep. It definitely means that the door isn't totally closed on more Farscape at some point. I just hope they choose to do something soon.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X