Founder's Day (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed this episode as well.

What I really did not like though was bringing Tess back I was not a fan of her character at all and to throw her back in at Carter's home I really did not like that.

That said I want to see how the ripple effects of their changing the time line works out. Fargo as head of GD? What and where are they going with Dr. Carter I think it was cool that he warped with them. Allison's son Kevin what will be the repercussions of his illness being cured.

I can't wait to see Friday's episode
    One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

I hope they don't return the guy to his own timeline. He's a cool character.

Comment

AMZINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I feel bad for Jo but other then that I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Yeah, Fargo got a light show, all the others got was a morph job.

Comment

it was a great episode again, iam glad that syfy is showing threw out the week

the person i feel sorry for the most is Allison
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I liked this episode, I think they could have handled the "what happened between 3 and 4" a little better. Wasn't the last scene in S3 of Jack looking at plane tickets to Sydney, AU and calling Allison to "have a talk"?

I was thinking about the changes because of Grant jumping with them. Since he left 1947, could the "artifact" never been found? Wasn't that part of the reason Kevin was the way he is?

Also, it was daylight when they came back. I assume they "never left", so wouldn't it be safe to also assume that the gateway is still open and that they can send Grant back right away to 1947 and he would drop back in there when Jack and the others appeared as well? Not sure how the physics work with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                the person i feel sorry for the most is Allison
                Why is that? Her son no longer has a communication/social/learning disorder...that is at least one positive for her as a Mother.
                sigpic

Comment

Why is that? Her son no longer has a communication/social/learning disorder...that is at least one positive for her as a Mother.
                  But if they try to make the time-line correct, then she has to make the choice to return him to his previous status. That's a heckuva choice to make.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

But the thing is, her Daughter could be Autistic.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
                      I've never liked reset buttons, because it means the writers don't have to pay attention to anything written before. Hallmark of lazy writing.
                      ive never liked the reset button either... why do we start to care about characters if they are just going to come along and reset them...

i thought the episode was fantastic, but the timeframe of the fallout is what im not a fan of... id prefer it be fixed within one or two eps... im still dubious about the fall out becoming part of the season story arc...

because like ive said we grow to care about a character and they reset them, well its inevitable that people are going to come to care about the reset versions as well only for them to be potentially changed back again by the end of the season i prefer consistancy and character development to resets which allow for free range to change anything and everything about a character...

i see the biggest fallout being for carter since 1) zoe is one of the reset characters and he wont know what to expect or what he may have missed out on, and 2) tess has been reset and he had just gotten to the point with alison where things might finally work and now he's faced with a tess who didn't dump him...
                      Last edited by katjoy; 16 July 2010, 04:28 PM.
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

The reset would have a huge affect on Allison as well. The way things currently stand, they're rekinling the Jack/Ali thing but the Jack/Tess thing is in the way, Fargo has her job, Kevin doesn't have autism. All of these things she has to deal with either way. If the timeline resets or not.

I just had a thought regarding the changes. What differences could have been made with Zane still in jail? All the times he pulled the fat from the fire, would they be different? Specifically - iirc - his helping out during A Night at Global. It was during this time that Kevin connected with the artifact and was semi-normal. Could something different have worked out and the artifact still be stablizing (for lack of a better word) Kevin in this new timeline?
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

^ yes tess being back also affects alison... i dont see kevin not having autism as a bad thing... and as for the other that is a spoiler to those coming into the first ep thread only...
                          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Founder's Day (401) - Your Questions Answered.

A Q&A from Jaime Paglia, executive producer.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

I just watched 3x08 again, I find it interesting Jo was upset (in 3x08) that Zane froze when she asked for commitment, and when she froze in this episode...

Irony!

Comment

Good start to the season Joe will probablt need therapy for life after seeing Fargo naked I like Fargo, he is so funny in a quirky kind of way

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                Amazing series premiere. Loved every minute of it! (Except for the resuscitation of the Jack/Allison thing :\)
                                Yes I agree about the Jack/Allison thing. I mean they had plenty of opportunities to go ahead with this in pervious seasons but they didn't so they should just drop it now IMO. I mean it's just been going on too long now, and then Tess was in the picture and I liked her and Jack, they go well together. I just hope we don't end up with a love triangle of doom in this show like in another show I won't mention
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X