No announcement yet.

Founder's Day (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a huge kick out of the season premier.

I have to say that's one of the more unique ways of bringing a new character to a show.
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

This was great... however since I'm a big fan of Carter/ Allioson since season one I'm not liking where the show going this there storyline.Nevertheless I thought everyone else had a very interesting and look forward to watching storyline.
      sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
        This was great... however since I'm a big fan of Carter/ Allioson since season one I'm not liking where the show going this there storyline.
        LOL

And being very anti-Alison/Jack and very pro-Jack/Tess, I'm very annoyed with the stuff that happened in this one
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Excellent episode! I loved the story and set up for this season to come. Dr. Grant I think is going to be a winner for a new character. The show is just good fun and keeps you entertained.
          sigpic

Comment

Wow. I'm not even sure what to say yet. Still processing everything. *kind of stunned* It was pretty amazing though. Wow.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              How will Dr Grant travelling to 2010 affect the science as we/they know it. Henry did say that it was largely Dr Grant's work that the physists built upon. How is it that Kevin became normal? He is in theoy the same child genetically so he should have been the same. Is the new Stark alive in this new 2010?
              I'm thinking a foreign government may have an upper hand and a stronger military control of the town.

One slight variable could have changed Kevin.

I don't think Stark will be back, we have enough new characters.

Originally posted by Zeratul View Post
              At the beginning of this week's episode (4x01 - Founder's Day) we see in the scenes from previous episodes part a lil bit where Tess breaks up with Carter using a hologram.
              When/where the hell did that happen? I seen the whole series 3 a couple of times and i'm pretty sure i never seen anything like that o.O
              That was handled oddly.

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
              Great, in order to get more viewers they added Gaius Baltar to the cast. Just great..
              The fact that you hated James Callis' character from BSG so much is evidence that he is a great actor. He also has said he was excited about the part because it was such a different character, so maybe you'll like this one!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              thing is, it's not gaius baltar joining the show, it's james callis

it'll be interesting to see the year play out and see if 'fixing it' is a plot arc, or if they just go with it.

can theykeep the guy from 1943 in hte here and now? or does he get sent home?
              Yes

I think they'll keep things different.

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
              What really bugs me about this is the question why it has to be Jo that maybe won't get her happy ending again - why it has to be the tough, no-nonsense female character with a penchant for firearms? Deep in the recesses of my mind... the stereotype bells just started ringing. But maybe I'm just being paranoid.
              Have any romances on this show ended in a happy ending? Most either have one member die, forget the whole thing in an alternate time line, go to college, move to Australia or get destroyed in some other way. Romances on this show should be expected to go badly!
              ---------------------------------------------

All in all I was very apprehensive about this reboot, but they totally delivered. About 30 minutes in I was still wondering, it was fun, but didn't seem as fun but the ending to the episode really set up what I think will be the foundation for the entire season really nicely. They could have had this episode anytime in the season, but I think they put it as number 1 because this is a permanent time shift...otherwise it would have been mid-season, maybe the cliff hanger or something.

Dr Grant seems really awesome. I enjoyed how he didn't jump to conclusions in the past but trusted his gut against the odds and discovered the truth, I hope he is even cooler in the present.

Henry's wife (name?), I knew when we met her under the hood she was important so I guess we'll see about how cool she is.

I'm really excited about next week!
              sigpic

Comment

It's curious that the Archimedes state was Stone and Bronze afterwards. It got me thinking about Stone Age and Bronze Age. I wonder is this altered future is more advanced that before. It would be a blow to Grant's ego if the future was more technologically advanced if he went missing for 60 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Before this episode though, the last time he was seen was in the season 2 finale.
                  Actually Kevin was seen briefly at Nathan and Allison's wedding (that ultimately never happened).

I was rather stunned last night after watching with all the possible implications for this season, but after writing out a lengthy reaction post in my LJ, I'm feeling much more upbeat. I think this new twist will be very interesting. I do have a couple of concerns - I'm not thrilled at the prospect of yet another triangle (Jack/Tess/Allison), and I want Jo and Zane to get back together - but beyond that, I think this is a great start to the season.

A couple of quotes -

Allison: "This is really really bad" Jack: "Yeah, for them" and "she's small, but she's scrappy!"

Henry: "They caught him streaking through the camp" Jack: "Of course they did."
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

I've never liked reset buttons, because it means the writers don't have to pay attention to anything written before. Hallmark of lazy writing.

If the characters are half as smart as they are written to be, they'd each go over the logged histories so they don't look stupid and/or suspicious. Example: It looks like Henry is married, but he doesn't know his wedding date, what attracted him to the wife, her family or history or birth date. Kevin probably has a completely different history than what Alison remembers. Other minor examples: There's a better than even chance that Alison and Fargo have different passwords at GD. Zoey could have a completely different personality and Carter wouldn't ever know.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      I didn't think she was. I think that this is someone completely different. . .or did I miss something?
                      yes I believe that is Tembi Locke from Sliders !, and i do feel very sorry for Carter just as he is making headway with Allison surprise Tess is back ,

yesh i agree Spimman romances on this show do go very badly
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

yes I believe that is Tembi Locke from Sliders !
                        And from an episode of Bones, from season 5.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I forgot to mention this, but I thought it was hilarious about Fargo showing up naked and how it actually was part of the scene from the promo of the Ferginator. I didn't think that was actual show footage, funny stuff!

Also - If you read "Ask the Moderators" Darren is going to create a Season 4 area for episode discussion, which will be cool!
                          Last edited by Spimman; 12 July 2010, 07:11 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Really liked this episode of Eureka, no surprise, I love the show, wonder where it will go next with this whole thing
                            sigpic

Comment

Great episode! The big surprise however, that they'll bring Dr. Grant with them was totally ruined by the credits, when he was part of the regular cast, and then after when he had a phone in his exchanged coat. But it was fun nevertheless.
                              sigpic

Comment

I Don't watch this show, but I'll admit this was a really good episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X