No announcement yet.

Founder's Day (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar flares interacted with a wromhole and sent them back in time.
    My husband and I said the same thing!

And I like the Jack/Allison thing. Not as huge a fan of Tess--so I was most sincerely distressed!

The one that struck me the most is Allison's son--being "normal". As a parent of a child with an Autistic Spectral disorder, I can say that it would be terrible to have to make the decision to fix a timeline/universe where your child isn't absent from you and return to one where you would lose him again. Talk about angst!

And please don't bring Nathan back--he's such a jerk! I can't stand him!

I do agree that this episode bodes well for a great season!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I still get the sense that they might use the Reset Button. (Yes in caps on purpose).

I also wonder if some of the changes in the timeline was from fan influence. For example:

Spoiler:

Zane not being a romantic interest for Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
        I still get the sense that they might use the Reset Button. (Yes in caps on purpose).
        I certainly hope so because I have a bad feeling they're going to do some horrible things to Tess (writing-wise, not plot-wise) and I hate that thought. Also... not a love triangle involving Jack and Allison all over again, please. If they do have to break up Tess and Carter (which was awesome, I think... even though it might not actually be a popular opinion ), then please let them do it gently and keep Tess as a character intact and not let her have the short end of the stick.

I also wonder if some of the changes in the timeline was from fan influence. For example:

Spoiler:

Zane not being a romantic interest for Joe.
        That was awful And why is it that Jo always ends up being unlucky in love? Zane/Jo was great and it worked and I honestly don't see why they had to break it up.

The only really good thing regarding characters I saw in Founders Day was the addition of Grant. I expect great things of him
        I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
        I will never accept defeat.
        I will never quit.
        I will never leave a fallen comrade.
        ------
        "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by Zeratul View Post
          Looking at how short it was i doubt it, deleted scene sounds like a more likely reason. Don't see however how in about say.. 10 months? (time between last eureka ep airing last year and first ep this year) they didn't think about removing the clip from this ep, even if it was all done and wrapped by the end of last year's season o.O
          One thing to take notice of.
          At the end when Jack walks into the house and sees Tess, she is wearing the same shirt as in the Previously On Eureka Hologram Breakup Scene....
          Coincidence or am I reading too far ahead?

Comment

That was awful And why is it that Jo always ends up being unlucky in love? Zane/Jo was great and it worked and I honestly don't see why they had to break it up.
            Unlike popular belief, love is just not for everybody and there are some people who are meant to be alone.

But what would really be weird is if Joe and Fargo got together.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened
              Great, in order to get more viewers they added Gaius Baltar to the cast. Just great.

Otherwise, amazing episode.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                Great, in order to get more viewers they added Gaius Baltar to the cast. Just great.

No love for Gaius Baltar?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  No love for Gaius Baltar?
                  I have I mean, I didn't like Baltar, but I have the feeling that Dr. Grant will be a great addition to the cast... and if I'm lucky he'll probably keep me watching

Spoiler:
                  even though Carter and Allison apparently do hook up this season, according to Colin Ferguson. Eurgh.

Also, regarding Jo and Zane:

What really bugs me about this is the question why it has to be Jo that maybe won't get her happy ending again - why it has to be the tough, no-nonsense female character with a penchant for firearms? Deep in the recesses of my mind... the stereotype bells just started ringing. But maybe I'm just being paranoid.
                  I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                  I will never accept defeat.
                  I will never quit.
                  I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                  ------
                  "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post

You mean one of Syfy's all-time highest rated programs decided to bring on an extraordinarily talented actor to make an already awesome show even better?

Yeah, I'm sure that's what you meant.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

thing is, it's not gaius baltar joining the show, it's james callis

it'll be interesting to see the year play out and see if 'fixing it' is a plot arc, or if they just go with it.

can theykeep the guy from 1943 in hte here and now? or does he get sent home?
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad they've added James Callis. It is disappointing if something big changes and they decide to send him back. I guess it would depend on how Eureka history recorded the character, as someone who disappeared or someone who disappeared with his spy buddies and is considered a traitor. It's going to be very hit and miss, because Carter has Tess back (which is a grey area considering his relationship with Allison), Joe will probably want to send him back, Allison could want to keep him, and Henry, that's just one big mess right there. I'm looking forward to seeing how things changed for Fargo.

I'm glad Kim wasn't resurrected, but disappointed that Nathan wasn't (he's brilliant). That said, I'm also partially glad he's not bad because I thought the Allison/Carter relationship does have good potential but it's one thing or another so it's interesting to see how things just keep them apart. One thing that I didn't like was the removal of autism from Kevin. It makes as much sense as McKay losing his deadly allergy to citrus. Oh, maybe now Taggart and Joe can get together.
                        Last edited by SaberBlade; 10 July 2010, 02:16 PM. Reason: typo

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad Kim was resurrected
                          I didn't think she was. I think that this is someone completely different. . .or did I miss something?
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Sorry, that was a good old fashioned typo. I'll fix it now.

sigpic

Comment

No, Kim was never resurrected, it was a completely different woman.

Comment

Yeah....Asian vs. black lol
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X