Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder:

The topic of this thread is not about how much SGU is going to suck or how much you think you're going to hate SGU. We have other threads for you to discuss your "disgruntlement" in.

The topic of this thread is the show Eureka. What you like/dislike about the show in general, the episode, the characters, the writing, etc.

On that note:

Finally got to see the latest episode:

Spoiler:
    This was fun. As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Liked Sheriff Andy and hope we see him back later as a deputy. Love that SARAH 's abandonment issues came up again and loved the moment between Carter and Zoe when she told him her home was him. They've come a really long way over the course of the show. And I'm really, really glad Carter's back in charge. Eureka just wouldn't be the same without him.
    sigpic

Comment

i do like how they avoided the expected cliche

Spoiler:
      of andy learning what its like to be human, then self sacrificing and dying to leave carter the defacto sheriff cause theres no one else

i'm glad he survived and that he has a choice
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

since its been like 6 years since the season finale, can someone remind me why carter lost his job again? i can't remember at all

Comment

Unless I'm horribly mistaken, and I probably am, it was because Carter disobeyed a direct order from General Mansfield to stay out of the tunnels of the original research facility in order to get some of that goo to try and save Zoe. That is assuming I have the order of the eps correct.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Almost, it was because he let 'The Fixer' go instead of arresting her. But he did disobey a direct order from General Mansfield in the process

Comment

Aah! Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                Almost, it was because he let 'The Fixer' go instead of arresting her. But he did disobey a direct order from General Mansfield in the process

personally i think General Mansfield just hates Carter, even after he lost his job, he's mean and disrespectful to him.

i mean he even fired him in public, you just don't do that it is just wrong , for whatever reason you are firing them
                Last edited by MIZA; 16 July 2009, 12:57 PM.
                sigpic
                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I think that Gen Mansfield has been brought back to replace - to some extent - the adversarial aspect that was lost when Nathen died. Do we still need that in spoilers? Anyway, the Nathan - Jack dynamic was kinda like friendly adversaries. There's no adversaries now, so they brought the general in.

Ok, /ramble.
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks guys. i just couldn't remember it'd been so long.
                    i watched the premiere ep last night finally, and definitely enjoyed it. the robot plot was just right. not too much, not too little.
                    and laying the seeds with the signal they found for the rest of the season.

definitely missed this show. happy its back around.
                    i heart it.
                    i certainly hope we see WAY more of Jo this time around. i felt like she was pretty much non-existent last season. and shes way too hot to not have on camera all the time.

Comment

Don't worry, the next episode is Jo-centric, at least according to the previews.

Comment

Upcoming Episode Descriptions

Spoiler:
                        Eureka
                        "Your Face or Mine?"
                        While Carter (Colin Ferguson) is isolated in a D.O.D. re-certification test, Deputy Lupo (Erica Cerra) gets to be acting sheriff. But she is not acting at all like herself. Someone is slowly stealing her identity -- Eureka style.
                        Air Date: July 17, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Insane in the P-Brane"
                        Newcomer Dr. Tess Fontana (Jaime Ray Newman) literally shakes things up in Carter's (Colin Ferguson) world when she's brought in by Allison (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) to re-open Section Five. But something more dangerous has also been unleashed. When objects begin moving around on their own, Dr. Drechmeyer (Brendan Beiser) is sure poltergeists are responsible. Carter and Tess find the answer -- "on the other side" -- but they may never get back to share it.
                        Guest Stars: Jaime Ray Newman, Ever Carradine
                        Air Date: July 24, 2009 @ 9 PM

"It's Not Easy Being Green"
                        Tempers and tensions run high as Eureka hosts long-term rival Area 51 in their bi-annual Eureka-fied bowling tournament. When a series of escalating pranks turns deadly, Carter (Colin Ferguson) finds himself chasing down a creation of blob-lical proportions.
                        Air Date: July 31, 2009 @ 9 PM

"If You Build It ..."
                        When a mysterious Stonehenge-like structure of stolen scrap and electronics appears in a field, Carter (Colin Ferguson) discovers that the town's teens are the unknowing architects. Someone, or something, is controlling them during their sleep. And it appears to be coming from "out there."
                        Guest Star: Jaime Ray Newman
                        Air Date: August 7, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Ship Happens"
                        The return of Henry's (Joe Morton) ship brings with it a shocking surprise which Carter (Colin Ferguson) fears may be the cause for deadly electrical anomalies around town.
                        Air Date: August 14, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Shower the People"
                        Eureka-fied baby gifts for Allison's (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) shower push the envelope of eco-friendly design -- and prove deadly when rival scientists are found drowned where drowning is clearly impossible.
                        Guest Stars: Jaime Ray Newman, Billy Campbell
                        Air Date: August 21, 2009 @ 9 PM

"You Don't Know Jack"
                        Global undergoes a Sonic Cleaning while Tess (Jaime Ray Newman) records a databank of Eurekan's memories when, oddly, the town experiences a communal form of memory loss. When the growing dilemma traps them inside GD during the cleaning, Allison (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) goes into labor and Carter (Colin Ferguson) must help her remember who she is in order to escape.
                        Air Date: August 28, 2009 @ 9 PM

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/all-upc...pisodes-of.php

Comment

Eureka - Episode 3.12 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Promotional Photos

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...asy-being.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            Upcoming Episode Descriptions

Spoiler:
                            Eureka
                            "Your Face or Mine?"
                            While Carter (Colin Ferguson) is isolated in a D.O.D. re-certification test, Deputy Lupo (Erica Cerra) gets to be acting sheriff. But she is not acting at all like herself. Someone is slowly stealing her identity -- Eureka style.
                            Air Date: July 17, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Insane in the P-Brane"
                            Newcomer Dr. Tess Fontana (Jaime Ray Newman) literally shakes things up in Carter's (Colin Ferguson) world when she's brought in by Allison (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) to re-open Section Five. But something more dangerous has also been unleashed. When objects begin moving around on their own, Dr. Drechmeyer (Brendan Beiser) is sure poltergeists are responsible. Carter and Tess find the answer -- "on the other side" -- but they may never get back to share it.
                            Air Date: July 24, 2009 @ 9 PM

"It's Not Easy Being Green"
                            Tempers and tensions run high as Eureka hosts long-term rival Area 51 in their bi-annual Eureka-fied bowling tournament. When a series of escalating pranks turns deadly, Carter (Colin Ferguson) finds himself chasing down a creation of blob-lical proportions.
                            Air Date: July 31, 2009 @ 9 PM

"If You Build It ..."
                            When a mysterious Stonehenge-like structure of stolen scrap and electronics appears in a field, Carter (Colin Ferguson) discovers that the town's teens are the unknowing architects. Someone, or something, is controlling them during their sleep. And it appears to be coming from "out there."
                            Air Date: August 7, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Ship Happens"
                            The return of Henry's (Joe Morton) ship brings with it a shocking surprise which Carter (Colin Ferguson) fears may be the cause for deadly electrical anomalies around town.
                            Air Date: August 14, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Shower the People"
                            Eureka-fied baby gifts for Allison's (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) shower push the envelope of eco-friendly design -- and prove deadly when rival scientists are found drowned where drowning is clearly impossible.
                            Guest Stars: Jaime Ray Newman, Billy Campbell
                            Air Date: August 21, 2009 @ 9 PM

"You Don't Know Jack"
                            Global undergoes a Sonic Cleaning while Tess (Jaime Ray Newman) records a databank of Eurekan's memories when, oddly, the town experiences a communal form of memory loss. When the growing dilemma traps them inside GD during the cleaning, Allison (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) goes into labor and Carter (Colin Ferguson) must help her remember who she is in order to escape.
                            Air Date: August 28, 2009 @ 9 PM

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/all-upc...pisodes-of.php
                            thanks for those madwelsh man LOL
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Your Face or Mine - I though it was a great ep. Thought Erica Cerra was great! Lovely chance for her to do different things.
                              sigpic

Comment

I thought it was kinda bland, myself, although I did like Carter's story. LOL!
                                Spoiler:
                                I dunno, for a Jo ep I guess I was kinda hoping for more. Or at least something different. The identity theft thing wasn't that interesting to me and I've begun to develop this thing where I think people who commit major crimes should actually go to jail rather than be slapped on the wrist or ignored because the reasons were "good."

Also, literally changing yourself into someone else to try and please someone? Is creepy. I know Fargo is desperate, but dude, the chick is mentally unstable in some very bad ways. The "You had me at Halo" line did make me laugh though.

Comment

Working...
                                X