Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Caught the premiere. Enjoyed it, as usual.

Spoiler:
    Dunno about anyone else, but I kinda liked Sheriff Andy. Yeah, the cheery act was a little over the top, but he was starting to tone it down a bit by the end. I guess getting killed twice will take the edge off of anyone's hardwired optimism. I especially liked the bit at the end about having the right to choose. Reminded me of Space Above & Beyond thing with the Silicates, although I doubt the producers had THAT in mind. Particularly given what the Silicates did with their "choice." LOL! Still, I should think a robot's/android's right to choose would be of extreme importance to him/her/it. Although again, I'm probably overthinking what was basically a throw-away line. I just have a soft spot for artificials.

Meanwhile... aliens, huh? Or probably aliens. I don't take anything for granted where Eureka is concerned. Ha! Should make for a fun season. Half-season? Damn Skiffy and their messing with standard delineations. But if spelling isn't sacred to them, I guess nothing is. *sigh*
    Hubby and I thought
    Spoiler:
    "Sheriff Andy should stay on as a deputy or something.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Spoiler:
      I loved Sheriff Andy. He was hilarious! An any other town, he would be a great sheriff.

Comment

i am sure

Spoiler:
        that sheriff andy will return

Alison will likely miss some eps for her maternity leave so he'll possibly come back to fill her void
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          Eureka is back, and it was another good episode. Sheriff Andy was a riot. I loved the part where the car gets flattened and all you see is his hand with a thumbs up, hilarious.

The characters as always feed very well off eachother. Eureka is just good fun and that is why I love it so much. I am glad shows like Warehouse13, Sanctuary, and Eureka are around.{mod snip}
          Last edited by KatG; 15 July 2009, 04:21 AM. Reason: ot, no need to complain about SGU in every thread
          sigpic

Comment

looking forward to watching it today.

Comment

Ah Eureka! I have missed this show!

Spoiler:
              I have to admit, the first thing I thought when Sheriff Andy climbed out of his box is "Where's the Connors when you need them?" Andy was disturbingly Terminator-like at first, and I had to laugh when Zoe made the reference.

The show didn't quite go like I was expecting. I expected Jack to have his job back by the end, but not quite like that. It was a good episode. I had to wonder what Nathan would have thought of Andy, since he worked hard to keep artificial intelligence out of the DOD's hands. I don't think Andy is as sophisticated of an AI as Callister was though.

Speaking of AIs, SARAH is developing quite a personality of her own. This is the second time she's put people in danger because of her abandonment issues. It would be interesting to see the show deal with that somehow.

I've seen some rumors that SARAH might
              Spoiler:
              eventually acquire a body of her own. I'm looking forward to seeing who they get to play that. I keep visualizing Michelle Morgan in the role.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              Hubby and I thought
              Spoiler:
              "Sheriff Andy should stay on as a deputy or something.
              I wasn't sure at the beginning, but by the end I would agree with that. Jack could use another deputy, and it might be interesting to see Jo and Andy learn to get along with each other.

The other thing I noticed - where was Zane?
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Ah Eureka! I have missed this show!

Spoiler:
                I have to admit, the first thing I thought when Sheriff Andy climbed out of his box is "Where's the Connors when you need them?" Andy was disturbingly Terminator-like at first, and I had to laugh when Zoe made the reference.

The show didn't quite go like I was expecting. I expected Jack to have his job back by the end, but not quite like that. It was a good episode. I had to wonder what Nathan would have thought of Andy, since he worked hard to keep artificial intelligence out of the DOD's hands. I don't think Andy is as sophisticated of an AI as Callister was though.

Speaking of AIs, SARAH is developing quite a personality of her own. This is the second time she's put people in danger because of her abandonment issues. It would be interesting to see the show deal with that somehow.

I've seen some rumors that SARAH might
                Spoiler:
                eventually acquire a body of her own. I'm looking forward to seeing who they get to play that. I keep visualizing Michelle Morgan in the role.

I wasn't sure at the beginning, but by the end I would agree with that. Jack could use another deputy, and it might be interesting to see Jo and Andy learn to get along with each other.

The other thing I noticed - where was Zane?
                Oh, the Jack/SARAH shipper in me would love that!
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

My Thoughts .....

Spoiler:
                  Oh i thought it was a fantastic episode, i really liked how they put characters together and i liked how he got his job back and everything , i think the General personally really hates Carter , i mean it was bad enough that he fired him in front of everybody, but he kept driving the nail in deeper with his snide comments about how Carter has no "jurisdiction" anymore , but Carter does care about these people and that is what is most important for the Sheriff in a place like this , great episode i give it 5/5
                  Last edited by MIZA; 12 July 2009, 06:26 PM.
                  sigpic
                  May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Eureka - Episode 3.10 - Your Face Or Mine - Promo

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...e-or-mine.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Oh yay!

Spoiler:
                      A Jo episode! We haven't had one of those for a while now.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

yay, the ep looks like its going to be fun

Comment

Eureka - Upcoming Episode Titles

Episode 3.16 - You Don't Know Jack
                          Episode 3.15 - Shower the People
                          Episode 3.14 - Ship Happens
                          Episode 3.13 - If You Build It

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...titles_12.html

Comment

so what is going to happen with Allison with this new love interest for Carter ?
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

So Eureka managed to attract 2.6 Million viewers for Live+SD for Friday. That is more than both the SGA and BSG series finale. I was curious to see how Eureka would do in the Friday slot. It seems that Eureka was able to overcome the dreaded Friday slot.

{mod snip} Eureka is a fun show that is lite SCI FI and it attracts more viewers because of it's fluffiness. Although Eureka does have a higher age median, meaning it attracts an older audience they still pull in some of the highest totals for the network. I think Warehouse13 is going to be successful in this way, we shall see. I think the edgier and grittier theme is good for attracting younger but will it attract more total viewers, I dunno.

I think Eureka will be around a very long time, and I am very happy about that.
                              Last edited by KatG; 15 July 2009, 04:20 AM. Reason: ot, no need to complain about SGU in every single thread
                              sigpic

Comment

I loved the episode.
                                Spoiler:
                                Sheriff Andy was great - it was good to see Ty Olsson back on my screen! I was worried he'd be an emotionless robot but they wrote him really well. I hope he appears again in the series.

Colin Ferguson was fantastic as always, and I liked how they got Zoe doing technobabble for a bit. I did miss Zane though, and there wasn't really enough Fargo!

Was anyone else freaked out by the idea of floating babies?

Comment

Working...
                                X