No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i the only one worried thatthe show will become a product placement nightmare

Comment

Re: the product placement - I wondered about that too. But I ran across this article this evening about why and how they're doing it. You all might find it interesting. Or not.

http://eurekaunscripted.tumblr.com/p...retch-and-were
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        Re: the product placement - I wondered about that too. But I ran across this article this evening about why and how they're doing it. You all might find it interesting. Or not.

http://eurekaunscripted.tumblr.com/p...retch-and-were
        Interesting. Wonder how other shows will handle this type of integration?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
          am i the only one worried thatthe show will become a product placement nightmare
          Honestly I didn't even realize it was a real product. I thought it was just some made up product for Eureka and probably would have kept thinking that if not for Killdeer's link.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

That was a interesting article, makes sense.

Last season when Eurkeas first episode ran, I did not like the show, it had changed to much from the previous season, at least I thought. Then one night it was on at about 12a.m. so I watched it and enjoyed it. I got all caught up and I was ready for the new season. I really the new episode, it had a little bit of everything. So now I am looking foward to next weeks, looks even more interesting.

Thanks for posting those ratings, I was wondering what they were going to be. I thought they would be like SGAs, but I glad that they are double it, b/c imo its a higher quality show. And where did you find those?

Its funny with that product placement, they must sweat A LOT!!!

Comment

SciFi.com has posted the Eureka Comic-Con panel here:

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=279956

I never knew that the guy that plays Fargo also does the voice for S.A.R.A.H.
              Last edited by Killdeer; 31 July 2008, 07:45 PM.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, when I found that out I thought it was hilarious. Neil Grayston is great

And I didn't notice any product placement, can someone please enlighten me?

Comment

that whole degree deodorant 'in your face' bit.

they've been runnng promos featuring the product

a bit OTT for me. I get sick of being deluged with ads.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

liked this series a lot, time to buy the dvd

Comment

I've never watched this show before, but I'm watching the episode tonight. Hope it's good.
                      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Well I watched tonight's episode and I thought it was okay. I'm not crazy about it, but I'll give it a few more episodes before I make my decision as to whether or not I like the show.

Comment

I loved Eureka for the first 2 seasons. Now the crap with Degree deodorant has gotten ridiculous. If you want more commercials put more commercials in the show. If you are going to put ads in the show than at least have the decency to put fewer ads between the acts. The 2 episodes this season have been weak and now with the in show ads, I think I'm done with Eureka.
                          "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
                          - Ernst Jan Plugge

Comment

Are there in-show ads in tonight's ep, too? How sad. I hate product placement when it's in the background, but if they're going to be making it part of the plot... it may be the future of television but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Or watch it.

Comment

I don't really mind background product placement. If the products people use and consume happen to also exist in the real world, that's cool by me, because it's not obtrusive. When you start flourishing the product about, it kills suspension of disbelief, and you cease watching a story and begin watching an over-glorified commercial. I'm going to be unhappy if they destroy a perfectly good show with this crap.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

So how would you rate seasons 1 and 2 of Eureka compared to this season so far? I'm thinking about checking out the past seasons...

Comment

Working...
                                X