Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    The very last Eureka episode, "What Goes Around, Comes Around", looked almost like a series finale.
    *cough* Did you mean the last ep of Season 3.5? I forget the ep names. Or are you talking about S4? I really hope that it's not th end!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

There's definately more Eureka to come, I've been assured by Colin Ferguson himself

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
        There's definately more Eureka to come, I've been assured by Colin Ferguson himself
        Well, yeah. I know about season 4. I just was wondering if you had heard beyond that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          Well, yeah. I know about season 4. I just was wondering if you had heard beyond that.
          At the moment I think they're just focusing on getting season 4 done. I'll be sure to ask Colin though

Actually, I might be meeting Chris Gauthier who plays Vince next week, I could ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
            At the moment I think they're just focusing on getting season 4 done. I'll be sure to ask Colin though
            Ooh, season 4 is being filmed? Awesome!
            Yay! Please report back with any good news, I love this show!

Comment

Hi, everybody!

I recently discovered Eureka, began watching from the beginning on DVD, and just finished the first season. I'm really enjoying this show, and am anxious to see what happens. Love the Jack/Allison ship (although I don't like what they did in the finale, yanking it away from the viewers after giving it to us), and every character I like. The two I'd very much like to do without, however, are Stark (what an egotistical jerk) and Beverly (the shrink, if I got her name right). I can't believe that she's still on through the end of the season after committing a murder in the very first episode!! I mean, yes, it turns out she killed a clone, but that doesn't change her intent.

Anyway, I'm obviously not going to be able to catch up and read 79 pages of of posts here, so I'll just try to pick up the conversation as it goes. I will ask one question, though. I'm a big h/c fan, so are there any episodes to which I have to look forward where Jack gets hurt?

Okay, I lied - I have two questions. The second is: Are there any good ship or gen archives online of fanfic for this show?

Thank you!
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                Hi, everybody!

I recently discovered Eureka, began watching from the beginning on DVD, and just finished the first season. I'm really enjoying this show, and am anxious to see what happens. Love the Jack/Allison ship (although I don't like what they did in the finale, yanking it away from the viewers after giving it to us), and every character I like. The two I'd very much like to do without, however, are Stark (what an egotistical jerk) and Beverly (the shrink, if I got her name right). I can't believe that she's still on through the end of the season after committing a murder in the very first episode!! I mean, yes, it turns out she killed a clone, but that doesn't change her intent.

Anyway, I'm obviously not going to be able to catch up and read 79 pages of of posts here, so I'll just try to pick up the conversation as it goes. I will ask one question, though. I'm a big h/c fan, so are there any episodes to which I have to look forward where Jack gets hurt?

Okay, I lied - I have two questions. The second is: Are there any good ship or gen archives online of fanfic for this show?

Thank you!
                Hi Welcome to the awesome that is EUReKA! And thinking thinking. . . They don't really whump in EUReKA. There's some with Allison, one with Zoe. That's about all I can think of. *thinks* I'll get back to that.

Edit - I was just going through the ep list and 209 has what could be Daniel whump. Sight Unseen. Still looking for you.

And I haven't found a really great site for fanfiction. Most of the stuff on ff.net is slash. Visit Eureka is about the best site for news and chat, etc.
                Last edited by Everlovin; 17 November 2009, 07:42 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi, everybody!
                  Hello! *waves*

I recently discovered Eureka, began watching from the beginning on DVD, and just finished the first season. I'm really enjoying this show, and am anxious to see what happens.
                  Mm, I must find it somewhere and watch it all in one go...

Love the Jack/Allison ship
                  Me too!

(although I don't like what they did in the finale, yanking it away from the viewers after giving it to us), and every character I like.
                  What happened in the last ep of season 1? I've been watching it in bits and pieces, if/when I discover it on the telly...the final ep shows on our screens late tonight!

The two I'd very much like to do without, however, are Stark (what an egotistical jerk)
                  *Nods*.

and Beverly (the shrink, if I got her name right). I can't believe that she's still on through the end of the season after committing a murder in the very first episode!! I mean, yes, it turns out she killed a clone, but that doesn't change her intent.
                  I was rather horrified at that too.

I'm a big h/c fan, so are there any episodes to which I have to look forward where Jack gets hurt?
                  Hah- Well, like I said, I haven't seen all the eps, but I'm pretty sure every other time the poor guy gets hits by something/ zapped/fried/soaked/hit/run over/etc etc etc...he seems to attract it!
                  (By h/c I take it you mean 'whumping', as seems to be a favourite topic around these threads, yeah? )

Are there any good ship or gen archives online of fanfic for this show?
                  Um, just did an internet search, found this? http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Eureka/
                  Hope it's what you're after!

Comment

First off, Nathan is toned down in Season 2. A bit more likable. Still has egotistical tendencies.

I like Jack/Allison but I love Jack/Sarah. My OTP at EUReKA!!

The last ep of S1 goes
                    Spoiler:
                    It's four years later. Zoe is at the head of her class and graduating, Kevin is a normal kid, Jack and Allison are together as are Henry and Kim. Allison is veeerrry pregnant btw. And during Zoe's graduation, natural disasters start happening. Tornados, all sorts of stuff. It turns out that Henry went back in time to save Kim from an explosion and the timeline cannot handle the changes. So Jack has to go back and prevent Henry from saving Kim. Thus resetting all of the wonderful shippiness to practically nothing. Only Henry and Jack have their memories of those four years.
                    sigpic

Comment

The last ep of S1 goes
                      Spoiler:
                      It's four years later. Zoe is at the head of her class and graduating, Kevin is a normal kid, Jack and Allison are together as are Henry and Kim. Allison is veeerrry pregnant btw. And during Zoe's graduation, natural disasters start happening. Tornados, all sorts of stuff. It turns out that Henry went back in time to save Kim from an explosion and the timeline cannot handle the changes. So Jack has to go back and prevent Henry from saving Kim. Thus resetting all of the wonderful shippiness to practically nothing. Only Henry and Jack have their memories of those four years.
                      zomg. No Way.
                      Poor guys!
                      Oh, that's awful. I really have to watch this ep now, just so I can feel indignant!

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Originally posted by scaperfan View Post
                        Hello! *waves*

Mm, I must find it somewhere and watch it all in one go...

Me too!

What happened in the last ep of season 1? I've been watching it in bits and pieces, if/when I discover it on the telly...the final ep shows on our screens late tonight!

*Nods*.

I was rather horrified at that too.

Hah- Well, like I said, I haven't seen all the eps, but I'm pretty sure every other time the poor guy gets hits by something/ zapped/fried/soaked/hit/run over/etc etc etc...he seems to attract it!
                        (By h/c I take it you mean 'whumping', as seems to be a favourite topic around these threads, yeah? )

Um, just did an internet search, found this? http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Eureka/
                        Hope it's what you're after!
                        Unfortunately, most of the fic at fanfiction.net seems to be slash, which is definitely not my thing. When soembody said Jack/Sarah, are you talking about the HOUSE?? LOL. Now that's a different kind of ship. Would that mean if Jack and Allison were "together" at his place, it was a threesome? LOL (Just kidding.)

I'm having sort of a hard time remembering all the names, so if I make a mistake, please feel free to correct me. I know Jack, Allison, Jo, Stark, Henry, Zoe, and the geeky kid - I know his name when I hear it, but can't call it up on my own. The others are all kind of a blur. LOL

And yes, hurt/comfort (or h/c for short) is a more technical term for wumping - I always forget that SGers use wumping instead. I don't really mind if Jack attracts it - I just like to see him needing to be taken care of. <g> I'm like that with SG1's Jack, too.

Anyway, I just got Disk 1 Season 2 in the mail today, so hopefully I'll get into it in the next few days. I really am enjoying this show.
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Yeah, I love Jack/SARAH (yes the house) They're like an old married couple. And I'd love Jack/Allison. Lol at the threesome.

The geeky guy you're thinking of is probably Fargo. He's great!

And I guess I'm wrong about there being a difference between h/c and whumping. In whumping (in my mind) there doesn't seem to be too much comfort in whumping.

Enjoy the eps!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I love Jack/SARAH (yes the house) They're like an old married couple. And I'd love Jack/Allison. Lol at the threesome.

And I guess I'm wrong about there being a difference between h/c and whumping. In whumping (in my mind) there doesn't seem to be too much comfort in whumping.

Enjoy the eps!
                            Yes, thank you! Fargo is the one I mean.

I do find the house a fun "character" - for lack of a better term. Do they show more of it in future seasons after S1?

I think h/c and whumping are usually used interchangeably, with individual impression adding whether there is comfort to go with the hurt. Concern, caring, etc. I've never been in a fandom that had both - it's usually one or the other.
                            - Mary

Comment

Enjoy the eps!
                              Okay, the curiosity has definitely gotten the better of me! LOL. Is there fic for Jack/SARAH ship? If so, where do I find it? I just can't imagine how . . .

Anyway, I thought I'd check it out. LOL Thanks!
                              - Mary

Comment

Okay, the curiosity has definitely gotten the better of me! LOL. Is there fic for Jack/SARAH ship? If so, where do I find it? I just can't imagine how . . .

Anyway, I thought I'd check it out. LOL Thanks!
                                I've only seen one and it's been taken down from ff.net. Bummer. I've been kinda working on one for a long time though.

If you do find one, please please please let me know.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X