No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe this show isn't coming back until July. Anyone know how long of a break that will have been?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Too long.

Judging from the comments here I think the finale aired the first week in October. Nine freakin' months.

Comment

I'm eagerly waiting for the new season! It would be nice if Scifi would play last season to get people caught up. I'm sure there's going to be some new viewers who'll be confused if they don't...

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
          I'm eagerly waiting for the new season! It would be nice if Scifi would play last season to get people caught up. I'm sure there's going to be some new viewers who'll be confused if they don't...
          I'm really looking forward to the second season as well. I watched it all on sky one, and its being repeated at the mo on the scifi channel- yay

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Anybody interested in Eureka S2 spoilers (Click at your own risk):
            http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=41313
            It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I am a fan of Eureka, and I have so missed the show. Season one of Eureka on dvd will be out July 3, 2007, close to when season two of Eureka begins. I wish they would release the season one dvd sooner - like, say, yesterday - rather than waiting until July.
              My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
                I am a fan of Eureka, and I have so missed the show. Season one of Eureka on dvd will be out July 3, 2007, close to when season two of Eureka begins. I wish they would release the season one dvd sooner - like, say, yesterday - rather than waiting until July.
                Sweet! I can't wait to get season 1

Comment

It feels like I've been waiting for over a year now for Eureka to come back. It made a refreshing change from the norm; a real joy to watch. The quirkier the show is, the better, imo.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                    It feels like I've been waiting for over a year now for Eureka to come back. It made a refreshing change from the norm; a real joy to watch. The quirkier the show is, the better, imo.
                    I agree totally. I've been waiting for the new season of Eureka and Kyle XY for months!

Comment

does anyone know when eureka is going to be back on in the uk? i really enjoyed the first series

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
                        Sweet! I can't wait to get season 1
                        I've already got it on order. I hope there are some good extras. I would love to see "meet the cast member" features, such as the ones on the Stargate Atlantis season 2 dvd set. I'm hoping for a good mix of folks doing commentaries as well.

Waiting, waiting, waiting...for July!
                        My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                          I'm with you there. I love the weird yet 'normal' life being led by the citizens of Eureka. It's another show that sort of crept up on me, not sure at first then loving the way bizarre things happen and how the people deal with it in such a matter of fact way.

Goodness knows when I will see season two in Canada. Usual irony, another show filmed here that we get to see heaven knows when!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            I'm with you there. I love the weird yet 'normal' life being led by the citizens of Eureka. It's another show that sort of crept up on me, not sure at first then loving the way bizarre things happen and how the people deal with it in such a matter of fact way.

Goodness knows when I will see season two in Canada. Usual irony, another show filmed here that we get to see heaven knows when!!
                            Yup.....but hopefully we'll get it by the end of August/beginning of September like last year.

Comment

Mark Stern from the SciFi Channel is interviewed in this article.

From MultiChannel News:

http://www.multichannel.com/article/....html?nid=3558

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Dog Day Debuts

Sitcoms, Dramas In the Script For Cable’s Summer Plans

By Janice Rhoshalle Littlejohn -- Multichannel News, 5/21/2007

Summertime has become the prime time for new series launches on cable. And this season, executives from basic to premium channels are turning up the heat with new scripted half-hour sitcoms, one-hour dramas and limited series.

“Even though five years ago there was no real original programming in basic cable, summer has now become a time where the audience expects new stuff,” said Jeff Wachtel, executive vice president of programming at USA Network. “I don’t think it’s anything special about summer. In our new plugged-in, wired culture, people are looking for new things to watch 24/7, 52 weeks a year. There’s no more down time.”

With box office headliners like Glenn Close (FX’s Damages) and Holly Hunter (TNT’s Saving Grace), the offerings this summer are as varied as the networks themselves. From thrillers, dramedies and the supernatural to workplace romps and family sitcoms to animated comedies, such as Comedy Central’s presidential parody Lil’ Bush.

**snippage**

“It’s somewhere in the McGuyver, Miami Vice, James Bond realm of shows with some wonderfully snappy dialogue and lightheartedness,” said Wachtel.

**snippage**

“The landscape is constantly shifting and you just want to make sure you’re shifting with it,” said Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming at Sci Fi, which split the seasons of Battlestar Galactica and the Stargate series, running half the episodes in the summer and half in January or first quarter.

Sci Fi is also considering a season split for its highest-rated series, Eureka, which returns for its second season in July.

“To a degree, there’s an assumption that summer is just going to be the best place to launch everything,” Stern said. “But you never want to sit back on your laurels and think, 'Oh we’ll just do the same thing we’ve always done.’ ”

Sci Fi is launching only one new scripted series this summer, a reimagination of the science fiction classic Flash Gordon in August. But the channel is hoping the superhero show will add needed muscle to the lineup.

“Basically we’re trying to open up the genre and make it more accessible, that it doesn’t take itself so seriously” Stern said, noting the mainstream appeal of the genre these days. “Spider-Man and Lord of the Rings didn’t become huge just because a bunch of 25-year-old guys living in their basement were watching.”

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sounds a bit stupid to split a 13 episode season (Eureka). It's been proven that long breaks lose viewers, http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...date=5/20/2007 , and a few (new) series have been cancelled because of the loss of momentum and viewership due to the (long wait) split season. A short break like the Stargates and BSG used to do (July debut and Jan restart) is ok, but they have 20 episode orders and split the season evenly (10/10). Anything longer, timewise, and people will find other things to watch and follow...and unfortunately will forget about the shows that caught their attention the first time around or when they are on the air again.

Better to just show Eureka without any breaks or split seasons. Plus summer is the ideal time to air the series anyways.
                                It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X