No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pretty dissapointed with the last 3 episodes. The ideas were some of the best, but they really didn't make the most of it. For example, from an AI House that is afraid of being left alone I expect a hell of a lot more to happen. The possibilities of the situation need to be explored more, and the bad comedy (it's not all bad, but y'know.. a lot is) needs to take a back seat.

Comment

see...it's the bad comedy that does it for me.

they don't take themselves or the show too seriously.

i like me some fluff every now and then.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan
        I was pretty dissapointed with the last 3 episodes. The ideas were some of the best, but they really didn't make the most of it. For example, from an AI House that is afraid of being left alone I expect a hell of a lot more to happen. The possibilities of the situation need to be explored more, and the bad comedy (it's not all bad, but y'know.. a lot is) needs to take a back seat.
        I feel the same. They've had some good ideas but largely wasted on gags. I don't have a problem with the type of humour but I don't think a show like that can be sustained entirely by humour without becoming a sitcom. I feel the show doesn't quite know what it wants to be. It has allowed humour to subjugate the story which is very disappointing. Considering how much I enjoyed the first seven or eight episodes... I am a little disappointed with what we've been getting the last few weeks. All these recent episodes seem to lack any kind of cohesion for me.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
          I feel the same. They've had some good ideas but largely wasted on gags. I don't have a problem with the type of humour but I don't think a show like that can be sustained entirely by humour without becoming a sitcom. I feel the show doesn't quite know what it wants to be. It has allowed humour to subjugate the story which is very disappointing. Considering how much I enjoyed the first seven or eight episodes... I am a little disappointed with what we've been getting the last few weeks. All these recent episodes seem to lack any kind of cohesion for me.
          To tell you the truth, I've only watched this show on and off since about Week 6 or so. Guess it just hasn't held my interest.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

that was so interesting
            Spoiler:
            Before you met me I was a fairy princess
            I caught frogs and called them prince
            And made myself a queen
            Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
            I slept in castles and fell in love
            Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
            To capture tinkerbell
            They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
            But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
            And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
            And anything I can to get by
            And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Awwww.

Spoiler:
              Poor Henry! And poor Kim. Ye gods, that sucked hard. I really REALLY wish they hadn't done that because I really LIKED her.

As for Futureville... Fargo is still a toadie? That kinda sucks, too. And still lacking a love life. *sigh* Just call me, Fargo. I'd let you buy me coffee.

Anyone know who did SARAH's new voice? Was it Alison?

I wonder what's up with the biochip in Nathan and how that'll come into play. If there's a second season. And will he still get fired for doing what he did? I should think a death would be even more convincing evidence than a narrowly-averted accident.

How long does the time travel effect last? Permanently? Or will it wear off? 'Cos Henry and Carter having to remember four years that didn't happen? That's still gonna play havoc with the timeline. That was an elegant solution, though- only the mind can travel back. Probably even more unrealistic than physical travel (after all, defining mind/personality is so vague) but still clever. I swear I've seen that used before, though. I wonder where...

I hope we get a second season.

Comment

Well, that was certainly an interesting finale.

Comment

me too
                  Spoiler:
                  Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                  I caught frogs and called them prince
                  And made myself a queen
                  Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                  I slept in castles and fell in love
                  Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                  To capture tinkerbell
                  They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                  But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                  And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                  And anything I can to get by
                  And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Awwww.

Spoiler:
                    Poor Henry! And poor Kim. Ye gods, that sucked hard. I really REALLY wish they hadn't done that because I really LIKED her.

As for Futureville... Fargo is still a toadie? That kinda sucks, too. And still lacking a love life. *sigh* Just call me, Fargo. I'd let you buy me coffee.

Anyone know who did SARAH's new voice? Was it Alison?

I wonder what's up with the biochip in Nathan and how that'll come into play. If there's a second season. And will he still get fired for doing what he did? I should think a death would be even more convincing evidence than a narrowly-averted accident.

How long does the time travel effect last? Permanently? Or will it wear off? 'Cos Henry and Carter having to remember four years that didn't happen? That's still gonna play havoc with the timeline. That was an elegant solution, though- only the mind can travel back. Probably even more unrealistic than physical travel (after all, defining mind/personality is so vague) but still clever. I swear I've seen that used before, though. I wonder where...

I hope we get a second season.

I wanted it to end on a happy note.
                    Spoiler:
                    Where Henry saved Kim before the incident. But that would have altered the time-line too.

I'm hoping for a second season too.

Comment

I wanted that happy ending, dammit.

Spoiler:
                      I wanted chaos to step in and change things without it destroying the timeline.

BTW, there's a bit of foreshadowing in the ep. Everyone else is referring to the charred body as "he" but Henry said "she." I'd been thinking it was Nathan, but that made me realize the awful truth. *sigh*

Comment

Wow, that was amazing, I can't wait for a second season now.

Spoiler:
                        Also, did anyone else spot that alternate Stark worked at the same place that the phsychitrist was talking to at the end? Was it something like Cisco labs or something? So many little bits of information in this episode, it was so neat.
                        My new favorite quote:
                        "Fly Lucius, fly"
                        -Rodney
                        My old favorite:
                        "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
                        -Dr. Lee

Comment

I think something that needs to be said, though, was that there were too many flaws with the episode to really make it work. The music was terrible and repetitive; most of the scenes that were supposed to be romantic and touching came out forced, and clearly not carefully written; the very last scene was terrible - Allison and Carter should have been a lot more sad. She was practically chipper, for crying out loud! What the heck?

Bah. Overall, by gateworld scale, I give it: **1/2

Comment

From UPI:

'Eureka' slated for second season

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 3 (UPI) -- The U.S. Sci Fi Channel series "Eureka" is undergoing the final negotiations for a second season, Daily Variety reported.

The first season of "Eureka" reportedly averaged 2.76 million total viewers during the 11 weeks it ran. The series began with a two-hour premiere on July 18. The final episode of the season ran on Tuesday.

The Sci Fi Channel has been enjoying high ratings fueled by such original scripted series as "Battlestar Galactica," "Stargate Atlantis" and "Stargate SG-1."

"Eureka," the Daily Variety reported, has further bolstered the ratings.

Bonnie Hammer, president of the USA and Sci Fi networks, said that in the past few episodes the show "has hit its pulse, and its heart."

AND

From TV.Com:

"Eureka" close to renewal

By Colin Mahan - TV.com
                            October 3, 2006

Sci Fi Channel is close to renewing hit show for a second season.

With any luck, fans of quirky science fiction series Eureka will be shouting just that next season. Sci Fi Channel is reportedly close to renewing the series, according to Variety.

The show follows the strange happenings in Eureka, a Pacific Northwest town populated by geniuses. Colin Ferguson stars as a US Marshall stranded in the town and trying to cope with all the brilliance.

"[Eureka] has hit its pulse, and its heart," said Bonnie Hammer, president of USA and Sci Fi networks. "It's reaching its stride in character development, and blends mystery with quirky humor."

Eureka has averaged 2.76 million viewers a week, helping Sci Fi become the 10th-highest-rated network in total prime-time viewers for the third quarter of this year. Other ratings winners for the network are Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Atlantis, and the final season of Stargate: SG-1.
                            It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I liked the seris, but I don't think that should of been the season finally, It was to sad,
                              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Oh the poignancy...the poignancy...

And the future was nice, too. Everyone was happy. Well, except Fargo. And now the future is uncertain again. ::sniffle::
                                Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                                I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                                What have these years left to me?
                                Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Working...
                                X