No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one thing I don't like about the show is how every kid is a genius. I mean, is it genetic? Do they have some kinda mind-increasing thingy for kids? Do they download stuff into their brains?

It's a minor thing, but smarty-pants kids really bug me in TV shows, almost as much as trying to ship the two main characters together.

Comment

Maybe stupid normal kids get sent away to a "special" school somewhere. Or we just haven't met any of the normal ones yet. I wonder how they're treated...

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
        "Yes, he said 'invisibling'."

I love this show.
        Hey, it's a word....isn't it?
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
          The one thing I don't like about the show is how every kid is a genius. I mean, is it genetic? Do they have some kinda mind-increasing thingy for kids? Do they download stuff into their brains?

It's a minor thing, but smarty-pants kids really bug me in TV shows, almost as much as trying to ship the two main characters together.
          I've always thought most kids would be capable of something at least similar to that (but not necessarily to that degree), but the school system is too dumbed down and so most of them suffer by never experiencing such use of their minds at an early age when their brain is developing and needs to be used as much as possible.

Most people assume children won't understand things, but at early youth, the human mind is an information sponge. Kids can pretty much learn as much as you're willing to teach them. And the more you teach them, the better they will do in the long run.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Maybe stupid normal kids get sent away to a "special" school somewhere. Or we just haven't met any of the normal ones yet. I wonder how they're treated...
            Well, Jack's daughter seems to be doing ok so far. She isn't anything real special compared to some of the other kids in Eureka.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              Well, Jack's daughter seems to be doing ok so far. She isn't anything real special compared to some of the other kids in Eureka.
              As far as we know. Could be all her rebelliousness is because she's an unrecognized genius in search of an outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                As far as we know. Could be all her rebelliousness is because she's an unrecognized genius in search of an outlet.
                Well, I suppose anything is possible.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                  I've always thought most kids would be capable of something at least similar to that (but not necessarily to that degree), but the school system is too dumbed down and so most of them suffer by never experiencing such use of their minds at an early age when their brain is developing and needs to be used as much as possible.

Most people assume children won't understand things, but at early youth, the human mind is an information sponge. Kids can pretty much learn as much as you're willing to teach them. And the more you teach them, the better they will do in the long run.
                  Perhaps, but the ones we've seen (like the kid director one) don't seem emotionally balanced- i.e. having a lot of knowledge but also an air of arrogance and poor social skills. It's perfectly possible for a kid to become a genius in one thing, but will hinder other aspects of their development. Plus, they can be real brats when they think they're smarter than you (not speaking from personal experience). Is it really fair to these kids to push them so hard, so the next generation of Eurekaville are like a bunch of McKays?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                    Perhaps, but the ones we've seen (like the kid director one) don't seem emotionally balanced- i.e. having a lot of knowledge but also an air of arrogance and poor social skills. It's perfectly possible for a kid to become a genius in one thing, but will hinder other aspects of their development. Plus, they can be real brats when they think they're smarter than you (not speaking from personal experience). Is it really fair to these kids to push them so hard, so the next generation of Eurekaville are like a bunch of McKays?
                    I don't think it's so much arrogance as just the expectation that everyone's like that. To them, it's just as unusual for others not to understand simple quantum mechanics as it would be to us for someone to have never heard that 1+1=2.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

im guessing this argument is partialy my fault, since i started the easter egg hunt. i think that maybe a few were intentional, but the majority are just coincedneces. NID for example could of been an egg, but a guy named anderson (RDA & Neo) is just a coincednce. no matter what the case is, you should just sit back and enjoy the show, instead of looking for hidden jokes and messages. just find them, dont seek them.i hope this worked
                      anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Here's what I find so funny. For a show that only been on a few short weeks
                        it's gotten alot of comments here.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                          Here's what I find so funny. For a show that only been on a few short weeks
                          it's gotten alot of comments here.
                          also, the kids are like Kyle XY's! Too smart for their age. lol.
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Meanwhile, wel,l hard to tell where to place casting news... Colin Ferguson will be making a movie opposite Laura Flynn Boyle called THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR, which will air on Lifetime. And he already made a movie due out, er, eventually, called BECAUSE I SAID SO, a romantic comedy.

Comment

New ep was very easy to predict, but it was still loads of fun to watch. Not so keen on the congressman and the whole conspiracy thing is beyond old, but I'll see where they go with it.

Any guesses on what that thing was in Section 5?

Favorite line of the night?

Spoiler:
                              "Okay, who gave Fargo a gun?"

Comment

There's a bit of a "predictable plot twist" trend, but it doesn't seem to harm the show. It's still quite entertaining. I, too, look forward to figuring what that thing is.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Working...
                                X