Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    An abbreviated season doesn't mean a show isn't gonna get renewed, it just means it's short. Isn't BSG short, too? I know Doctor Who and Life on Mars are short (I think S1 of LoM was only 10 eps) but that's England and they have different philosophies on series/season lengths.
    Yeah, all I meant was if it finishes the first season but doesn't get renewed it will have lasted as long as Firefly, even though Firefly was cancelled in the middle of its season. It's neither here nor there really.

And yes, UK shows usually have shorter seasons, because they usually have only a few writers working on them, rather than a whole team (a lot of British sitcoms have seasons of 6 or 7 episodes, usually written by one or two people). It sucks that there's so few of them, but on the plus side they can keep the quality up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
      And yes, UK shows usually have shorter seasons, because they usually have only a few writers working on them, rather than a whole team (a lot of British sitcoms have seasons of 6 or 7 episodes, usually written by one or two people). It sucks that there's so few of them, but on the plus side they can keep the quality up.
      It's often a budget thing, too - the budgets for British shows are much smaller than American ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
        Yes... Grey's Anatomy (not sci fi but nevertheless) had 9 eps in it's first season and like 27 in the second.
        Grey's Anatomy was a mid-season pick up and originally had 14 episodes in Season 1 but because of the revelation in episode 9, they decided to end Season 1 there and the last 5 as the first 5 episodes of Season 2. You get all 14 episodes on the region 2 DVD.

Eureka in my opinion is a good show. Good humour and storyline and I'm waiting to see as to what the psychiatrist has up her sleeve.

Is anybody else having problems with the webisodes and the pilot. It says that the clip isn't available from my location which is odd as I was able to watch the pilot last week from Sci-Fi pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
          Grey's Anatomy was a mid-season pick up and originally had 14 episodes in Season 1 but because of the revelation in episode 9, they decided to end Season 1 there and the last 5 as the first 5 episodes of Season 2. You get all 14 episodes on the region 2 DVD.

Eureka in my opinion is a good show. Good humour and storyline and I'm waiting to see as to what the psychiatrist has up her sleeve.

I didn't know that about Grey's Anatomy. I've only recently started watching.

I too want to know about what Beverly has up her sleeve too.

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87

Is anybody else having problems with the webisodes and the pilot. It says that the clip isn't available from my location which is odd as I was able to watch the pilot last week from Sci-Fi pulse.
            also it just happened the revelation was around when the season finales for other shows were too.
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I found this on my home page and might explain the use of the title of the show.

http://picks.yahoo.com/picks/i/20060804.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                Well... I think it's only a 13 episode season- and Firefly got around 13 eps before cancellation. So technically it may only last as long as Firefly.

Personally, I hope it sticks around a while longer- It's the only thing I have to watch mid-week (Stargates on Friday and Dead Zone/4400 is Sunday)
                I think more and more studios/networks are doing the 13 episode thing in the first season... it was the same with BSG and Numb3rs...

At least the scifi channel has gone to some trouble to promote the show and it appears to have garnered an audience.
                Unlike a certain other network... *cough*Fox*cough*

Ditto on Beverly... she seems to be the keeper of many secrets and the harbinger of a conspiracy.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                  I found this on my home page and might explain the use of the title of the show.
                  Umm... I thought that was a given? It was even discussed in the pilot ep when Jack met "Archimedes."

...Unless you mean the whole "Ancient writings revealed" program itself, which would have been a bit difficult to manage since Eureka the TV show would have begun filming long before the X-raying happened.

Doesn't everyone know the story about Archimedes shouting "Eureka"? Or am I even stranger than I thought?

Comment

Umm... I thought that was a given? It was even discussed in the pilot ep when Jack met "Archimedes."

...Unless you mean the whole "Ancient writings revealed" program itself, which would have been a bit difficult to manage since Eureka the TV show would have begun filming long before the X-raying happened.

Doesn't everyone know the story about Archimedes shouting "Eureka"? Or am I even stranger than I thought?

No, I understood the meaning. Just thought the tidbit might be useful to others.

Shadow no one could stranger than I.

Comment

Well I enjoyed the last ep, I did know what was going on almost immediately *as I am sure everyone did*. I love how in 30 seconds they can tell us more about Henry's past then 2 season's of SGA has told us about Sheppard's.

I totally love the 11 year old putting on the play, he was a little stilted in the acting department but he still cracked me up. I do think Jack Carter is the best out of the characters, pretty well acted and Colin does have a nice screen presence. I am glad we didn't get overloaded on the tech stuff, I don't need the sci in my scifi to be explained in lengthy dialogue, that isn't why I watch, for me an entertaining story is reason enough, so far that is what they are delivering, also it is nice to see a fairly family friendly show for a change that isn't talking down to it's audience.

Ooh forgot to say, yay! A show that has some consequence for the bad guy, and the lady getting screwed over or just **** has some revenge, not that I condone revenge... but hey better then we got elsewhere. :;
                      Last edited by Willow'sCat; 05 August 2006, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Yes Jack is great. He really has a good grasp on humor. He doesn't have to try too hard, he's just funny.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

"Yes, he said 'invisibling'."

I love this show.

Comment

Out of curiosity (and laziness... and the fact that my brain is too tired to work it out) what WOULD be the proper word if not "invisibling?" Just invisibility-inducing or what?

Comment

Out of curiosity (and laziness... and the fact that my brain is too tired to work it out) what WOULD be the proper word if not "invisibling?" Just invisibility-inducing or what?
                              I would think so.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

"Make-not-seeable."
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                                X