Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Darren is asking whether there is interest in a having a separate folder for several shows, including this one.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=68482
    Thanks! Looks like Eureka is doing pretty good in terms of votes so far!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      Thanks! Looks like Eureka is doing pretty good in terms of votes so far!
      It must have worked since we got our own folder.

Any ideas on how we should fill up our folder?
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

New Interview with Niall Matter (Zane Donovan) - please check out the link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...atter-of-fact/

Comment

Gotta say I was a tad disappointed with the "You Don't Know Jack" episode. Even for a clip show I thought it was kinda weak. The premise of the ep was OK, but the execution didn't work very well IMO.

Spoiler:
          I can deal with the personal memories showing an outside (camera's) POV since that's a technical hindrance, but some of the "memories" that were recorded were... overwhelmingly unlikely to have ever been recorded by anyone and in many cases it would have been flat-out impossible.

My understanding is that the recorders were for ONE memory and while multiple people may have thought of Fargo or Carter or even Alison there are a lot of instances where ONLY those characters would have even been around to "remember" the scene in question- particularly the ones with Alison/Stark and several of the Alison/Jack ones. Add to that the fact that Jack never recorded one of his own and... *shrug* I dunno. The whole "people losing their memories" thing is kinda fun, even if it HAS been done before (or at least it feels as if it's been done a lot) but I think maybe it could have been handled better. At least come up with a more likely scenario to explain people "remembering" events they weren't at and couldn't know.

I know I'm being nitpicky again, but I'm not generally a fan of clip shows anyway and this... left something to be desired, IMO.

Comment

Eureka - Episode 3.17 - Have an Ice Day - Promo

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...day-promo.html

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Gotta say I was a tad disappointed with the "You Don't Know Jack" episode. Even for a clip show I thought it was kinda weak. The premise of the ep was OK, but the execution didn't work very well IMO.

Spoiler:
              I can deal with the personal memories showing an outside (camera's) POV since that's a technical hindrance, but some of the "memories" that were recorded were... overwhelmingly unlikely to have ever been recorded by anyone and in many cases it would have been flat-out impossible.

My understanding is that the recorders were for ONE memory and while multiple people may have thought of Fargo or Carter or even Alison there are a lot of instances where ONLY those characters would have even been around to "remember" the scene in question- particularly the ones with Alison/Stark and several of the Alison/Jack ones. Add to that the fact that Jack never recorded one of his own and... *shrug* I dunno. The whole "people losing their memories" thing is kinda fun, even if it HAS been done before (or at least it feels as if it's been done a lot) but I think maybe it could have been handled better. At least come up with a more likely scenario to explain people "remembering" events they weren't at and couldn't know.

I know I'm being nitpicky again, but I'm not generally a fan of clip shows anyway and this... left something to be desired, IMO.
              Yeah, I was disappointed as well. With only two more episodes after this left in the season, I was expecting something with a little more substance I guess. It wasn't horrible, but it was kind of a let down. And I'm not much of a fan of clip shows either.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering
                Spoiler:
                what's happened to Kevin? Did something happen that I missed? There's been loads of stuff on Allison's pregnancy but not her son's reaction to it. I do love the name Jenna for the baby though

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                  I'm wondering
                  Spoiler:
                  what's happened to Kevin? Did something happen that I missed? There's been loads of stuff on Allison's pregnancy but not her son's reaction to it. I do love the name Jenna for the baby though
                  I was thinking that myself a few eps ago. Maybe a special school?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                    I'm wondering
                    Spoiler:
                    Well, from a behind the scenes viewpoint I'm wondering if maybe
                    Spoiler:
                    the actor who played him got too old to realistically stay in the role and the directors either haven't found a replacement or are reluctant to use someone else.

From a within the show perspective, though, it's a bit of a glaring oversight and it bothers me that they haven't addressed it AT ALL, not even making up an excuse about it.

Comment

Eureka's Joe Morton guest-stars on this week's Warehouse 13. See link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...-warehouse-13/

Comment

Eureka's Erica Cerra goes goddess in Percy Jackson

Eureka's Erica Cerara takes to the big screen in her next project, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. And she's in some mighty fine company, as co-stars include Uma Thurman, Rosario Dawson, Pierce Brosnan, Sean Bean, Kevin McKidd, Catherine Keener, Melina Kanakaredes, Steve Coogan and Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson.

continues:
                        http://scifiwire.com/2009/09/erica-c...hera-in-pe.php

Comment

Now that we have a whole folder for Eureka is there any chance we can get a SEPARATE thread for the news/interviews? I keep coming here thinking someone's added to the convo only to see it's a news blurb. Very disappointing.

Comment

Wow, I'm really glad we got our own Eureka discussion forum. I agree that breaking out this catch all thread is now a good idea.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Harry Sullivan View Post
                              Eureka's Joe Morton guest-stars on this week's Warehouse 13. See link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...-warehouse-13/
                              I saw it, he was great! Niall Matter (Zane) and Erica Cerra (Jo) were in the episode before it, also fantastic.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Now that we have a whole folder for Eureka is there any chance we can get a SEPARATE thread for the news/interviews? I keep coming here thinking someone's added to the convo only to see it's a news blurb. Very disappointing.
                              I agree completely

Comment

i think if you guys want to start a 'news only' thread, go for it. Darren doesn't have time to make official threads so just go ahead and make your own.

The same will apply if you want individual episode threads. Personally? i think that a general episode discussion would be best. With slower moving shows like this one, a thread for each eps tends to fragment the conversation and stifles it instead of encouraging it.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X