The Day of the Doctor (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edi View Post
    I wonder.. how can they (the doctors.. or at least Matt's Doctor) NOT know where they put Galifrey? They did the calculations (the TARDIS did those(?) ), they pushed it in to the picture/ pocket universe... aaand they had the Galifrey picture right in front of them in the last moments of the episode. I dont get it.
    They used "gallyfreyan art" to seal the planet in a moment in time, there is nothing that says the the ability to do such a thing indicates they know *exactly* which sub-dimension gallifrey got pushed into.
    Ah, another thing, if they require some kind of a calculation that will take hundreds of years, they can just program the TARDIS to go away, sit somewhere for the necessary amount of time and come back 1 second relative to their own time with the calculations done.
    No.
    Personal relative time is a different thing. The sonic screwdriver trick would have worked because the screwdriver was still personally relavent to the Doctor, sending a tardis of is a different kind of time travel.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Logic has a great place in Who.

Well, yeah.. in a verry wimmbly wobbly timey wimey sort of way

But still teh biggest question to be is where is the connection to "The Name of the Doctor"? How did they get out of the timestream? Did they just skip that part, as if they simply hopped out off it as they jumped in? Or are they still in it and what we saw was just one of teh Doctors Clara safed? Actually I wander if it was Raher 11 or Hurt she safed by making 11 stop the other him selfes from pressing the button. Anyway it must have been a version of 11 AFTER Transalore, or he couldn't have toled 10 about it.
      BTW: Now we now what this "Hide"-episode was about. Clever way to explane what a pocket universe is, and safing all that time in the special. Thinkig about it, the title "hide" somehow becomes a double meaning (could it be a hint to hiding Gallifrey, or am I overinterpreting right now?) Adressing Clara a the "witch in the well" certainly was a reference to "Hide".
      Last edited by Greenee; 24 November 2013, 11:53 PM.
      Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
        Well, yeah.. in a verry wimmbly wobbly timey wimey sort of way
        LOL

Time is just not quite so "linear" in Who-verse.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          I was thinking Ace or Grace would have been a more appropriate interface....... But I guess those actors were not available or willing.
          That and the fact that Rose/Billie is better known to new-school Who fans!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            They used "gallyfreyan art" to seal the planet in a moment in time, there is nothing that says the the ability to do such a thing indicates they know *exactly* which sub-dimension gallifrey got pushed into.

No.
            Personal relative time is a different thing. The sonic screwdriver trick would have worked because the screwdriver was still personally relavent to the Doctor, sending a tardis of is a different kind of time travel.
            Answered brilliantly.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Also when the Doctors were in the Tower of London....... Did the John Hurt Doctor take the weapon with him there? How was the interface also there?
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                Also when the Doctors were in the Tower of London....... Did the John Hurt Doctor take the weapon with him there? How was the interface also there?
                It's timelord science. No he didn't take it there but it sent him to that point in time and attached itself to him psychically.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

In a word, brilliant!

Haven't commented much as I'm still digesting this one, and I suppose I will be for some time to come. I need to watch it again, and again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Matt Smith the 13th Doctor????

hmmmm!!!!

teehee!!
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!
                    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I'll post full ranty awesomeness later, because it was the most phenomenal episode of all time, and my favourite MOVIE of all time. In short I loved it.

But three observations initially, including, alas, one negative.

1) Negative - during the multi-doctor scene as they attempted to save Gallifrey, there were images of McCoy from both his classic tenure AND the TV movie... this bugs me because his outfits are noticeably different, as is his hair... could have been avoided.

2) The Doctor is the King of England. That stuff doesn't leave you, y'know...

3) UNIT - God I love UNIT.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                        I'll post full ranty awesomeness later, because it was the most phenomenal episode of all time, and my favourite MOVIE of all time. In short I loved it.

But three observations initially, including, alas, one negative.

1) Negative - during the multi-doctor scene as they attempted to save Gallifrey, there were images of McCoy from both his classic tenure AND the TV movie... this bugs me because his outfits are noticeably different, as is his hair... could have been avoided.

2) The Doctor is the King of England. That stuff doesn't leave you, y'know...

Don't forget that Amy Pond accidentally married Henry VIII. So that means that Amy has been the Doctor's mother-in-law twice.

Comment

Regarding UNIT I got the impression that they were made to look a bit incompetent in this special, and in a bit new who as well.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            Don't forget that Amy Pond accidentally married Henry VIII. So that means that Amy has been the Doctor's mother-in-law twice.
                            LOL So the Doctor gets twice the telling off.

Just a thought - with Gallifrey revealed to not actually having being destroyed and just pushed in to a pocket universe, then that means that not only has the planet and the people been spared destruction but amongst them is Rassilon, the Master, and the Woman. Plus, assuming they weren't killed very earlier on in the War, Romana, Leela, and K-9 Mk. II, may still be around as well.

Potential for some returns there if the Doctor ever finds Gallifrey.
                            Last edited by Alan; 26 November 2013, 05:23 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post

Always funny who how diffrent people think. I never liked UNIT. It's funny to have them in teh episodes, thought. But I din't like them. But I never had a thing for military stuff, and to e that is, what they are. I go with the Doctor there "peiple with guns are usually the enemys in by book.". Si I don't minde if they are bade look silly. But that's my opinion.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              *giggles* Realy? In which episode was this? Must have missed it.
                              Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                                Always funny who how diffrent people think. I never liked UNIT. It's funny to have them in teh episodes, thought. But I din't like them. But I never had a thing for military stuff, and to e that is, what they are. I go with the Doctor there "peiple with guns are usually the enemys in by book.". Si I don't minde if they are bade look silly. But that's my opinion.
                                *shrugs*

I *am* one of those 'people with a gun' in reality. So... I'm probably biased.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X