The Day of the Doctor (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:

OK the bits with Queen Elizabeth were not needed.... Waste of time.. What's with New who and the Doctor snogging women, or in this case marrying one? Geez... Filler plot.

The Zygons...WTF? Where did that plot go? Resolved or not? They then leap around to Galifrey and use of "The Moment" my head hurts now.....

The 9th Doctor remembers clearly that he made Galifrey burn...... So is this just throwing all that out the window?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh I need a good lie down ..........

The only really cool bit for me was that last scene and Tom Baker's cameo....... That was my Doctor growing up

6/10
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I loved it! And Tom Baker's appearance just put the cherry on top. Admittedly I didn't like the Elizabeth I storyline much. It was more misogynistic than I've come to expect from DW, and the actress was miscast, for one thing, she was too fat. Sure, the royals got more and probably better food than the average village in Elizabethan times, and some of the kings of the era, notably her father Henry VIII, were downright obese even by our standards. However, she's always shown as fairly slim in paintings, and even if they painted an ideal version rather than the reality, I don't think they deleted half her mass...
      sigpic

Comment

Sandshoes & Bow Tie need to be in more specials also enjoyed The Hurt Doctor (8.5) all 3 did a wonderful job

Spoiler:
        i was slightly dissapointed that we didn't get an interection between rose &11

still an amazing episode andI have a feeling Capaldi is going to a be a great doctor
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Not sure about the misogyny, but she seemed to be playing the Blackadder version of Elizabeth I, rather than the portrait's likeness, Cate Blanchett.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Spoiler:

OK the bits with Queen Elizabeth were not needed.... Waste of time.. What's with New who and the Doctor snogging women, or in this case marrying one? Geez... Filler plot.
            In a literal sense, the whole Lizzy 1 plot was to create the use of Gallifreyan art as time travel devices. I could argue the snogging women comment was almost a satirical observation of new-Who, since that is one of the significant differences from classic episodes: so a cheeky nod (or stab?) at themselves. As for 10 marrying Elizabeth, he mentions that (in passing) in one of his last episodes, when he revisits the Ood-sphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              I absolutely and completely loved it, loved it, loved it!!! A great 50th anniversary present for Doctor Who!!! My memories of this day and this anniversary will last a lifetime!!!
              Oh yes. It was amazing and SO worth it to watch it on big screen in 3D. I never understood all the fuss about 3D but standing inside the TARDIS? That was soo cool, es well as 11 (or do we have ta say 12 now?) pointet out of the screen in the introduction and litterally hit by nose.
              It seemed to mee, they realy wanted to show of, what they could do in 3D.
              I just sat there openmouthed and couled move. I wasn't even abele to cry.

Oh, I could have kissed Moffat.

As for the so called plotholes? With story hasn't? esspecially in Fantasy/SiFi. I juhct wonder about the connection to "Name of the Doctor" how the hell did they get out of the time stream? Why is Clara a teacher now? I hope they came back to it.

I can't whait for the christmas special though I don't want 11 to go (yet).
              Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                I am wondering what X-factor ratings will be, I be shock if ITV didn't get slaughtered.
                7.7 million for X Factor, 10.2 for Doctor Who, but surprisingly Strictly Come Dancing still beat it with 11.7m...

Comment

Spoiler:

The Zygons...WTF? Where did that plot go? Resolved or not? They then leap around to Galifrey and use of "The Moment" my head hurts now.....

The 9th Doctor remembers clearly that he made Galifrey burn...... So is this just throwing all that out the window?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh I need a good lie down ..........

The only really cool bit for me was that last scene and Tom Baker's cameo....... That was my Doctor growing up

6/10
                  No cos as the doctor says, his earlier selves will forget all about it. His personal timeline has to sync up and ensure that time still carrys on from The War Doctor's onwards the way that the eleventh doctor remembers it.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    7.7 million for X Factor, 10.2 for Doctor Who, but surprisingly Strictly Come Dancing still beat it with 11.7m...
                    Not surprising at all. People were either watching strictly before Doctor Who started or before X-factor and changed channel. Or were people who just didn't care about doctor who and turned off after it was over.

Also keep in mind that those viewing figures don't take the thousands of people in the cinema into account.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Not surprising at all. People were either watching strictly before Doctor Who started or before X-factor and changed channel. Or were people who just didn't care about doctor who and turned off after it was over.

Also keep in mind that those viewing figures don't take the thousands of people in the cinema into account.
                      Yeah, I remembered that after posting, and I don't think that figure takes into account people who recorded and watched later...

Comment

So it's OK to change the fate of Galifrey but not Pompeii? Why can you break the rules of fixed events to save them and not the other? I know bad point to jump on but it got me thinking.

Comment

I did find it odd how they just dropped the Zygons storyline with no conclusion. But I guess the real story was just to show the war doctor what he needed to know.

Overall I loved it and will be watching it again.
                          @W00DBINE

Comment

So it's OK to change the fate of Galifrey but not Pompeii? Why can you break the rules of fixed events to save them and not the other? I know bad point to jump on but it got me thinking.
                            I'm not sure why but I got the impression somehow that it could be changed because it hadn't happened yet?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                              I'm not sure why but I got the impression somehow that it could be changed because it hadn't happened yet?
                              Whaaaat? The Time War is not a fixed event in history?

Does that mean Christopher Eccleston's entire series is now moot?

He remembers the Time War and how he made Galifrey burn...... So all that is gone, wiped out, and thrown out the window........

it was good, it was entertaining, but it left me asking questions......

Oh and there is a line in the episode that said that if the Daleks had known what they were up too and that all the Doctors were there they'd call in reinforcements.....

What that was not their whole fleet?

Where were the rest of them, off buying dinner?

Comment

Gallifrey's fate wasn't changed. History runs as usual with the universe believing Gallifrey was destroyed. What this glorious 50th anniversary movie does is show us that the Doctor's 10th and 11th incarnations were always a part of fixed events and nothing has changed.

The events of the war was Time Locked but only up until those exact points in the lives of the Doctor's 10th and 11th incarnations when they actively become part of fixed events. They make everyone believe Gallifrey was destroyed but instead it was pushed in to a pocket universe and when the "War" and 10th Doctor's went back to their places in history their memories of saving Gallifrey were lost and they continue believing that it was destroyed and carry the guilt of it.

Nothing is moot. History continues as normal.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X