Hell Bent (3512 / 912)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rushy View Post
    Fair enough, I suppose, but the way the episode presented it really left me feeling betrayed. They didn't emphasize the reason why the Doctor would bring Clara back quite enough and made them both look incredibly selfish as far as I'm concerned. Seriously, what was up with shooting the General?

If they had made Gallifrey look a bit more hostile a la End Of Time and made the Doctor an outlaw again, then I'd buy it. But the Doctor has not been hope for 2000 years, half of which he spent believing his people were dead. After he beated Rassilon(far too easily btw), he should've properly reunited with the Gallifreyans, helped them out of trouble and then go and sneak off in a TARDIS again. Instead, he just abandoned them.
    I agree. I kinda wish he left on better terms or at least on terms which means they could unite together to fight Rassilon and the rest of the high council when they inevitably cause trouble.

The general the turn on the council in the Time War and help the Doctor, one wonders why he himself hasn't taken care of the High Council and Rassilon before the Doctor arrived.

Doctor returning home to a civil war, one where the General and the lower cast of Gallifreyans are fighting against Rassilon and the High council would have been a cooler story to tell, if slightly beyond Doctor Who meagre budget.

Comment

Doctor Who has a meager budget???

That storyline could easily have been told over a 3 - 5 parter, with reasonable justice, on a Who budget. Any longer though and you start losing the established casual viewer who expects a new story every week or so...
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

I am rather amazed at the amount of angst this episode has caused with so called fans. On the BBC DW page on facebook people are upset and in pain over the mere mention of the Doctor changing genders.

I did not realize it would cause such stress.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          I am rather amazed at the amount of angst this episode has caused with so called fans. On the BBC DW page on facebook people are upset and in pain over the mere mention of the Doctor changing genders.

you want to talk stress, my dvr glitched and the end got cut off of the show, I get up to the point where clara turned off the screen and then it comes up, do you wish to delete this show WHAT?!!! ....NO, CONTINUE PLAYING YOU PIECE OF JUNK, but it was no use, no matter what happened I couldn't get it to play, so I had no choice but to delete it and hope I could watch it again later, I was able to catch the part where the doctor was in the diner on bbc , but only three minutes of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
            you want to talk stress, my dvr glitched and the end got cut off of the show, I get up to the point where clara turned off the screen and then it comes up, do you wish to delete this show WHAT?!!! ....NO, CONTINUE PLAYING YOU PIECE OF JUNK, but it was no use, no matter what happened I couldn't get it to play, so I had no choice but to delete it and hope I could watch it again later, I was able to catch the part where the doctor was in the diner on bbc , but only three minutes of the show.

Spooky stuff

Maybe it was Clara

Comment

Dude.
              Log on to somewhere like Gallifrey Base, what you get here is -mild-
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It wasn't just yours, mine did the same thing, luckily I recorded it again and was able to catch the last 15 min....

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Dude.
                  Log on to somewhere like Gallifrey Base, what you get here is -mild-
                  I've been a member on GB for a good few years... and ultimately I tend to unsubscribe to the threads I've posted on, because otherwise I get very very agitated... Frankly, I enjoy this site for WHO talk cos - as noted, it's more mild...

But... A Female Doctor!? A FEMALE DOCTOR?!?!

Yes, I'd go postal... Sorry, but just because Moffat has taken that step and now shown 2 Time Lords changing gender (and - I still can't accept Missy as the Master), if/when they do it to the Doctor, I really will turn off and go live in repeat land... The whole notion of a female Doctor was only ever originally intended as a publicity stunt... To go through with it would be a joke.
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                    But... A Female Doctor!? A FEMALE DOCTOR?!?!
                    But then she could fall in love with her female companion...
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry I still don't understand this anger over a female Doctor.

You do realize though Timelords look humanoid that's only what we see. It may not even be their true form. In City Of Death an artist is doing a picture of Romana and instead of her face he sees a clock. So they must project something around them...

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                        It wasn't just yours, mine did the same thing, luckily I recorded it again and was able to catch the last 15 min....
                        It started late iirc, I was worried too because we were nearly 20 minutes into the recording when Who started and our machine only puts a 10 minute buffer either side, (I can usually skip to 10 mins and get it just on the BBC ident, but this time 10 minute in and Strictly was still dancing) luckily the only bit we missed was the end of the second Xmas trailer at the end.

Plus our EPG had the wrong time for the episode on for most of the week, only correcting on the Friday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                          But then she could fall in love with her female companion...
                          I don't know about that, that might be pushing things for them, they might just have HER, fall for a male companion.

what I want to see is if they would think about making a new K-9.

Comment

I don't know about that, that might be pushing things for them, they might just have HER, fall for a male companion.

Well... You know there's a K9 movie coming out in 2017... ' Time Quake'?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              Well... You know there's a K9 movie coming out in 2017... ' Time Quake'?
                              And the series a few years ago, that was filmed in Brisbane... A gal I once worked with was a prod. assistant...
                              and lots more!

Comment

Nah, that would be too every day.

However, the female doctor could fall in love with K-9. Now why does this remind me of the Black Hole Sun video...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X