No announcement yet.

The Caretaker (3406/806)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like this new Doctor incarnation either. (My best was David Tennant's Doctor).
    I didn't watch the "old" who episodes (before 2005) though, seen some of them but nowhere on a scale to get a full picture. So out from the 4 I intimately know he is the most unlikeable.
    Smith's was at first too, but I grown to like the guy overall. Especially his chin.
    This Doctor is just too hectic, speaks a lot of junk in vague terms. Sometimes he is talking utter jibberish that he almost mutters to himself and he really drops his volume on the end of certain words, making understanding him a pain in the ass. Sometimes I have to read his lips or turn volume to max to catch what the hell he was saying.
    He is a bit racist too as others mentioned, not that there wasn't racism in the series before.

Danny is not a good match to Clara and not because his color or because his past as a soldier. We heading too fast here, also developing deep relations just in a couple of episodes for no real reason. Clara has seen Danny as a young boy, now he has to fall in love with him cliche. Danny is told to be a real woman chaser by colleague, but he really sucks in dating, so Clara takes pity on him cliche. Common now, enough of this already.

We already established that Clara jumped into the Doctor's timeline, linking her with him for all his and her life. River so far hasn't showed. (Thank God, I really hated her character anyway.-Spoilers-Duh!!!)
    Either get the Doctor a new love interest then or drop this Danny character.

As for the Promise land/Heaven arc. I sure hope this is not something like the Silence/Amy/River thing over again. Anybody getting a heavy, creepy and utter ominous and sinister vibe from the place. It's so good that it has to be bad. I sure hope the real Heaven is not at all like that place.
    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
      He is a bit racist too as others mentioned, not that there wasn't racism in the series before.
      When?

Is it just because he called Danny a PE Teacher?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        When?

Is it just because he called Danny a PE Teacher?
        He makes fun of humans saying things like they have small brains. And he is always saying how much better he is compared to humans. Sure he'll travel around with the hairless apes but he doesn't see us as equals. Oh the big Time "Lord" is always lording over the wee humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
          He makes fun of humans saying things like they have small brains. And he is always saying how much better he is compared to humans. Sure he'll travel around with the hairless apes but he doesn't see us as equals. Oh the big Time "Lord" is always lording over the wee humans.
          Would an ascended being, or the Q see humans as equals?
          Elitist, Sure, racist, not so much.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
            That would be speciest. Not racist... He insults us all equally.

But I mean, come on, that isn't new to this Doctor. The Ninth Doctor was doing that. As did the sixth Doctor on more than one occasion.
            But here's the thing about the Doctor. In his eyes, humans are primitive, but the reason he likes them is because they have so much potential and have grown so much in such a short space of time. He loves humanity's curiosity and variety, and while he may see them as children or in need of some evolution, he cares about them because he sees an innocence in humanity as well, or at least in some of them.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hmm... well apparently Danny was a Sgt, not a junior officer. Not quite sure I buy that, he gives off too much of a JO vibe. But hey...

I enjoyed the episode, but as a military man, I was irritated by The Doctor's constant taunting of Danny, and as an Officer - Danny's replies irked me even more....

Also.... never met a Sergeant who can move like Danny did... I was really hoping for a throw away 'I was part of the Army's gymnastics team' line....

Little bit irked by the PCSO identifying himself as 'police', which is false representation as they have very very few policing powers, unlike Special Constables who have FULL policing powers but just aren't paid...

Oh, and Clara's skirt is FAR too short for a teacher.

Ok, yes. Grumble.

But it was an enjoyable ep nonetheless.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Hmm... well apparently Danny was a Sgt, not a junior officer. Not quite sure I buy that, he gives off too much of a JO vibe. But hey...

I enjoyed the episode, but as a military man, I was irritated by The Doctor's constant taunting of Danny, and as an Officer - Danny's replies irked me even more....

Also.... never met a Sergeant who can move like Danny did... I was really hoping for a throw away 'I was part of the Army's gymnastics team' line....

Little bit irked by the PCSO identifying himself as 'police', which is false representation as they have very very few policing powers, unlike Special Constables who have FULL policing powers but just aren't paid...

Ok, yes. Grumble.

But it was an enjoyable ep nonetheless.
                Well, he is the PE Teacher

Maybe The Doctor knew he could do that so that's why he assumed he taught PE instead of Maths

*steals Pieboy's hot air balloon*

Comment

Ok, yes. Grumble.

Actually we had a teacher with a similar skirt way back in 1984.....It's not uncommon.

I thought she was wearing shorts
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

There is racism, hinted here and there not just in this new season but since it came back to air in 2005.
                    Only racists wouldn't notice because it would come naturally to him. To be honest there is racism in every people whether they know about it consciously or not.
                    I know I am a bit racist sometimes, especially when it comes to black male characters romancing white woman. Even tough I know and believe we are all equals on God's Earth somehow it still puts me off. I think it's a left over instinct or genetic memory from my ancestors.
                    Anyway I think that's why I don't very much like Danny.
                    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                      And yes, Missy's storyline is getting old fast... At least this week there was a variation, though I couldn't help but think the main story could simply have made better use of those last few minutes...
                      We've really only been teased a few times to introduce her at this point, so I'm not sure how it can really be old...but that is just me.

I found Missy to appear much more sinister and frightening in this episode. The other person, he subordinate, almost seemed frightened when he saw her and I really got the vibe she was "busy" doing something that would make me cringe. We'll see I guess...
                      sigpic

Comment

There is racism, hinted here and there not just in this new season but since it came back to air in 2005.
                        Only racists wouldn't notice because it would come naturally to him. To be honest there is racism in every people whether they know about it consciously or not.
                        I know I am a bit racist sometimes, especially when it comes to black male characters romancing white woman. Even tough I know and believe we are all equals on God's Earth somehow it still puts me off. I think it's a left over instinct or genetic memory from my ancestors.
                        The Doctor has a problem with Danny because he was a soldier. The Doctor recognises a part of himself in Danny. It has nothing to do with race. The Doctor doesn't hate soldiers because he can't relate to them, but because he was one, a better soldier than even the Daleks were created to be. One that was capable of wiping out his own species to end a war. He's projecting his hatred of himself as a soldier onto Danny, another soldier who hates the way people treat him because he was a soldier. They see Danny as just a mindless killing machine, not a human being..

Race has nothing to do with the hate between Danny and the Doctor. It is because they're so similar, the way they view their past experiences of being soldiers, the things they had to do while fighting.. To reduce their characters' motivations and feeling towards each other to something like race is just insulting to both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          Well, he is the PE Teacher

Maybe The Doctor knew he could do that so that's why he assumed he taught PE instead of Maths

*steals Pieboy's hot air balloon*
                          Lol. Fair...

HOT AIR BALLOON!?!?!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Actually we had a teacher with a similar skirt way back in 1984.....It's not uncommon.

I thought she was wearing shorts
                          I'm not saying it's necessarily unrealistic, just... well.... cheap imo, wearing it in a professional environment, infront of school girls who are told to wear knee length skirts and boys who are probably getting to objectify her.

You-****ing-what?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            We've really only been teased a few times to introduce her at this point, so I'm not sure how it can really be old...but that is just me.

I found Missy to appear much more sinister and frightening in this episode. The other person, he subordinate, almost seemed frightened when he saw her and I really got the vibe she was "busy" doing something that would make me cringe. We'll see I guess...
                            I thought she looked kind of sad, kind of like she was troubled by how far things have gone.

Comment

I'm not saying it's necessarily unrealistic, just... well.... cheap imo, wearing it in a professional environment, infront of school girls who are told to wear knee length skirts and boys who are probably getting to objectify her.
                              In The States its practically the school uniform for the girls to dress like prostitutes....and that's elementary school.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

You-****ing-what?
                                You're not the only one wondering what quantum mirror this guy came through!
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X