No announcement yet.

The Caretaker (3406/806)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started slow, but I'm glad it picked up. And I like Danny, he's perfect for Clara.
    sigpic

Comment

I was underwhelmed. It's like we're getting Star Trek: Enterprise stories instead of the Star Trek: The Next Generation ones.

And what was that kid doing in the TARDIS?!
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        I was underwhelmed. It's like we're getting Star Trek: Enterprise stories instead of the Star Trek: The Next Generation ones.

And what was that kid doing in the TARDIS?!
        haha could not have put it better myself!
        "You don't know half of it".
        Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

1. Oh come on Doctor...you can't go undercover in the school Clara works in without telling her...

2. Danny got a bit paranoid though.

3. I'm guessing that Clara and Danny deliberately wanted that kid freaked out...

4. And again we're back with mystery woman...

Solid ep though...
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
            Ok... I hate saying this, and hope it changes... But... I (so far) don't really like this new Doctor...

And it really annoys me because in pretty much every way he is exactly the Doctor I've been waiting for, but Moffat hasn't delivered on the goods for me... The annoying part is, it's obviously just some plot arc they're running, but ultimately all I can see is people being turned off...

(It's 6 all over again...)
            Not my experience. Most of the fans I know absolutely love Capaldi and the new season. It's the same as every Doctor. There are swings in opinion and what some fans dislike, others love.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I like the new Doctor a lot.

However I don't like the writing a lot.

Remove the Doctor and we ended up with Days Of Our Lives In Space..........

It felt like a very rushed sitcom......

Is Danny from the future?
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Not my experience. Most of the fans I know absolutely love Capaldi and the new season. It's the same as every Doctor. There are swings in opinion and what some fans dislike, others love.
                I like Capaldi a lot, but in this one his Doctor came off as a bit racist, which I didn't like. The P.E. teacher thing got old a quickly, and the Doctor's assumption that Clara'd date a geeky Matt Smith lookalike rather than a man with slightly darker skin than hers was annoying. Not to mention the assumption that a former soldier wouldn't be smart enough to teach math but would settle for physical education was also annoying. The robot looked like something out of Transformers Prime...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  I like Capaldi a lot, but in this one his Doctor came off as a bit racist, which I didn't like. The P.E. teacher thing got old a quickly, and the Doctor's assumption that Clara'd date a geeky Matt Smith lookalike rather than a man with slightly darker skin than hers was annoying. Not to mention the assumption that a former soldier wouldn't be smart enough to teach math but would settle for physical education was also annoying. The robot looked like something out of Transformers Prime...

I was actually expecting it to turn into something.

Comment

I think Danny's reactions are perfectly normal for someone of his young age and who happens to (despite my comments in a previous thread) to have little experience of dating. He's found someone and is very protective of her from someone he basically doesn't know. The problem is, she knows the Doctor and therefore drops everything, repeatedly, to run off with him into terrible danger. It's a bit of a relationship strainer...

The episode itself was okay, not enough background on the robot and why it hadn't killed half the population already. But otherwise okay. Would be interested to get some actual Army (or better, ex-Army) opinions of the "Yes sir" scene. Seemed a little more TV than real life.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                      I like Capaldi a lot, but in this one his Doctor came off as a bit racist, which I didn't like. The P.E. teacher thing got old a quickly, and the Doctor's assumption that Clara'd date a geeky Matt Smith lookalike rather than a man with slightly darker skin than hers was annoying.
                      It had NOTHING to do with Danny's skin colour. Clara pined for Matt Smith doctor when he changed, it's hardly unreasonable to assume that he thinks she has a "type". I don't think the Doctor would give a toss if the "Matt lookalike" was BLACK, let alone "coffee coloured"
                      Not to mention the assumption that a former soldier wouldn't be smart enough to teach math but would settle for physical education was also annoying.
                      This Doctor is down like a ton on Soldiers, this has been shown over and OVER again. Is he prejudiced?? For sure, Is it right? Probably not. That is his character however.

The robot looked like something out of Transformers Prime...
                      I giggled when it moved in those jerky motions
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                        I think Danny's reactions are perfectly normal for someone of his young age and who happens to (despite my comments in a previous thread) to have little experience of dating. He's found someone and is very protective of her from someone he basically doesn't know. The problem is, she knows the Doctor and therefore drops everything, repeatedly, to run off with him into terrible danger. It's a bit of a relationship strainer...

The episode itself was okay, not enough background on the robot and why it hadn't killed half the population already. But otherwise okay. Would be interested to get some actual Army (or better, ex-Army) opinions of the "Yes sir" scene. Seemed a little more TV than real life.
                        I dunno if it had to be accurate, because it was to show just how stupid the Doctor was in Pre-judging Danny, and point out his hypocracy in doing so. He felt nothing about doing it to Danny, but he certainly did get they Eyebrows of DOOM happening when he got called an officer.

Two Alpha males fighting over a girl they both feel strongly about (even if not the same way).
                        cook the popcorn and enjoy the fun
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Overall I enjoyed this weeks episode and I hope we can move on from this "awkward tension" surrounding Danny and instead let the adventure move on with him as Clara's boyfriend and potential travel companion to some extent.
                          sigpic

Comment

No speculation on what the cop saw outside the window in "heaven?"

Comment

I think it's the way that 12 just seems like a broken record... Like they deliberately just choose the most grating things for him to say/do, just to obviously push this whole "Am I a good man?"...

And yes, Missy's storyline is getting old fast... At least this week there was a variation, though I couldn't help but think the main story could simply have made better use of those last few minutes...
                              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                              and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                No speculation on what the cop saw outside the window in "heaven?"
                                Strictly speaking, he was a PSCO - Police Community Support Officer. Kind of similar to (but different from) Special Constables.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X