X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
    [spoiler]

<slight_rant>

The Parliment were scared that the insane daleks would escape the asylum and presumambly reak havoc on them. and yet most of the daleks were catatonic, those that moved tended to spin and do nothing, those that could master a straight line couldnt fire, and the few that could couldnt aim.

Insane Daleks are Scary, no doubt about it. Insane Daleks that can barely function not so much, how many daleks could feasibly acheive space flight and be a threat to the new empire? and even if they did, their weapon... a self destruct, which whilst may damge the empire (if the functional and insane ones decide to on mass attack), but its not gonna bring about the end of their race

</slight_rant>

I suspect Oswin cause most of that damage while she was kept prisoner. I am betting after they turn her into a Dalek, they relies they could not control her, so they put her in that room, after that she spent the last year manipulating them into killing and disarming each other and generally damaging the Asylum.

The Parliament did not know about Oswin handy work. So they probably thought that they were still dealing with fully functional but completely insane Daleks. An so called on the Doctor to clean up there own mess.

Maybe the reason the Daleks are back is because of Amy, she recreated the universe, and in some ways frighten of what the doctor is capable of so she recreated the Daleks and there empire as a counter balance to the doctor, sub consciously.

Amy rebooted the universe and there are bound to be more than a few changes to the place, a few errors that still remain, the Daleks are one of them, who knows what else she recreated when she rebooted the universe.

Comment

Having seen this episode a couple of times. I have to say that it is one of the best episodes of Doctor Who that I've seen in recent years. And the surprises that it sprung were great.

The twist towards the end of the episode really surprised me.

Spoiler:
      And did any one else see the sly look and smile Oswin gave to the camera towards the end of the episode?
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        I suspect Oswin cause most of that damage while she was kept prisoner. I am betting after they turn her into a Dalek, they relies they could not control her, so they put her in that room, after that she spent the last year manipulating them into killing and disarming each other and generally damaging the Asylum.

The Parliament did not know about Oswin handy work. So they probably thought that they were still dealing with fully functional but completely insane Daleks. An so called on the Doctor to clean up there own mess.
        fair point, infact it was mentioned that Oswin had had a year to do damage. I just guess i wanted to see more of the insane daleks and was a little disappointed with what i got

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
        Spoiler:
        And did any one else see the sly look and smile Oswin gave to the camera towards the end of the episode?
        oh yes
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

^ We saw what, 10-15 Daleks in the Asylum? On a planet that was stated to have millions...

Just because half the inmates who escape Arkham are broken gibbering wrecks, doesn't mean there won't be a few Jokers and Two-Faces in there as well.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have a bad memory and cant remember most of what happened last season. I imagine a lot of casual DW viewers have the same issue. Anyone care to recap what happened last season?
            "You don't know half of it".
            Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
            (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
              I have a bad memory and cant remember most of what happened last season. I imagine a lot of casual DW viewers have the same issue. Anyone care to recap what happened last season?
              Stuff blew up. Rory put Hitler in a cupboard. The Doctor and River Song got married, and we found out that she was really Amy and Rory's daughter all along.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                or those little machines that are inside the Doctory, she shouted something along the lines of "Do not forget" at the end there
                Until the nano clouds get to his mind and his "Doctor Who?" chant gets real. Except no two-parters, so we're on to the fun-ness of dinosaurs next.

---

Moffat was too obvious with her being in a dream or something about her reality not adding up. She threw away perfectly good Corningware in a zero supply situation, then the Doctor asked about the milk at least twice.

From the moment the Daleks said the planet was full of insane Daleks and this odd tranmission, I'd already seen the Corningware and I assumed she was just another insane Dalek who came across some humany info. Not correct, but it felt less Moffety not to get the full impact of the reveal.

The other characters not seeing her was played as unobviously as could be given the situation. It even sort of looked like they were having a two-way on-screen conversation at least once, but you could tell it wasn't really if you were looking for that. It was still a confirming hint after being given the Corningware/milk hints rapidly and early.

---

I'm impressed there were no leaks about Jenna. Moffat will be emboldened.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
                  I'm impressed there were no leaks about Jenna. Moffat will be emboldened.
                  No kidding!
                  "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                  -Brom in Eragon

Comment

I was surprised that there wasn't a Dr Who confidential on BBC 3 after this episode. Or are going to have to wait for the repeat?

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                      I was surprised that there wasn't a Dr Who confidential on BBC 3 after this episode. Or are going to have to wait for the repeat?
                      There is no more Confidential, it got cancelled.
                      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                        There is no more Confidential, it got cancelled.
                        That is a shame. I actually enjoyed watching it whenever I could catch it.

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
                          Until the nano clouds get to his mind and his "Doctor Who?" chant gets real. Except no two-parters, so we're on to the fun-ness of dinosaurs next.

Although there was a point during that chant where his voice slowed down a bit and he almost sounded Dalek......Also near the end did anyone hear the SW sound effect in the Tardis?
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

The R2-D2 sound? I noticed
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I did think the simplicity of the Pond resolution didn't properly represent that life that happens when the Doctor isn't around. I know a couple who parted amicably over clear infertility - the idea that they wouldn't have talked to each other about the real reason and that there's a couple out there who would get back together if they did seems absurd.

And I say "clear infertility" because so often what happens is they don't know for sure and they go through two weeks of wondering every four weeks and it's an extensive trauma that can tear down the strongest people. It seems more the Ponds were going through a clear case, but it's one of the more sensitive topics because of the mental state of the people going through it and should be carefully understood and thought out before being sprung on an audience.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Remember GateFanSamJack this isn't a show for adults. Many, many children are watching as well, they don't want to go into too much detail about the emotional and mental problems associated with infertility. Just a hint is sufficient I think.

However, it makes me wonder if Amy's infertility is going to have some ramifications a bit further on. I still think that

Spoiler:
                                when Amy and Rory eventually die the Doctor will download them into the CAL computer in the Library to be with River. There Amy and Rory can have their baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X