Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6wczbYfip4

Which is useful. The Beast Below could be one as could Vampires of Venice. I'm just slightly worried that this is going to be the photos on Amy's bedroom wall all over again as we mistake genuinely production mistakes for deliberate clues.

Definitely don't think much of the 11th Hour ones and Victory of the Daleks

Comment

I have to say this is only the second DW episode EVER to physically creep me out.

The first being the end of TPO when all you see is supernova everything.

Its eerie how many disparate elements in this ep kind of blended together to form an uber protein shake of fear.

Imagine if the Moff was writing for SGU

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
        Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6wczbYfip4

Which is useful. The Beast Below could be one as could Vampires of Venice. I'm just slightly worried that this is going to be the photos on Amy's bedroom wall all over again as we mistake genuinely production mistakes for deliberate clues.

Definitely don't think much of the 11th Hour ones and Victory of the Daleks
        I think the Beast Below is definately one because in that clip, just before the next clip, theres the raspy noise that the Silence makes

The cloaked figures in the Big Bang... Maybe, but why would they be cloaked?

And the Tardis door, I dunno about that one...

The one in the Lodger, I think could be one, because Amy does look genuinely scared then fine

The one at the end of Eleventh Hour also looks like a genuine one too.

The rest, Im not too sure about them, some could be more than others.

I reckon Moffats had this story planned for a long long time...

@Nth Chevron, yeah this one kinda creeped me out too, it wasnt as scary as the first Angel episode,, that one was jumpy, this one was creepy
        Last edited by Teddybrown; 24 April 2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          JFK had Abraham Holden, the first black Secret Service agent (Kennedy personally appointed him). So it's not out of the realm of possibility that Nixon may have had a black Secret Service agent but I will admit, he did come off as the episodes token racial minority character.
          Considering that JFK was an extremely liberal Democrat and Nixon was a conservative Republican, yeah, it's pretty much out of the realm of possibility. Granted, I don't remember the political climate in 1969, but the first election I DO remember was 1972. (I was 6 by then) A Republican would not be an activist for social change like that because it would have infuriated his political base.
          The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

After reading the whole thread i have come up with a startling idea.

We've seen the Silent MAY have TARDIS like capabilities, so what if they became a dominant force in the Universe, taking Time by storm without the Time-Lords around.

At the end of Pandorica, you hear the phrase "silence will fall," what if the Silence is the leader of the Silent, and whomever blew the TARDIS up, created the total event collapse to wipe out The Silent/The Silence.

Also, a big shout out to the season 6 trailer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vIsQ25Krq8

Spoiler:
            Unknown Voice - Fear me, i've killed hundreds of Time-Lords.
            Doctor - Fear me, i've killed all of them.

Shows how much the Doctor has come to terms with his past.

N.C

P.S - Has anyone watched the freaking Silence trailers on the Silence' BBC page?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ch...rs/The_Silence

The first 2 are kind of more chilling than the ep itself
            Last edited by Nth Chevron; 24 April 2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, so I'll just put this out there:

At the picnic the Doctor says, very somberly, "A lot more happens in 1969 than anyone remembers. Human beings, I thought I'd never get done saving you."

Now, I guess you could just interpret this as he knows he's going to die and therefore is done with saving them, but I feel like this "never get done saving you" ties directly into the events on the beach and in 1969. So the Doctor letting the spaceman kill him somehow saves the Earth?

Comment

So many theories buzzing around my mind. Finally calmed down and rewatched and processed it.

Loved it as an episode and even more as just a massive tempt for the rest of the season.

Theories abound:
                Spoiler:

Big one is that the child, amy and river are very very connected. Both River and Amy hurt at the same time. This could be a crossing of the timelines effect. That there are 3 rivers, the unborn child, the astronaut and her. Its possible that she has some level of immunity from the effects of crossing timelines due to her being such a prolific timetraveller.

Im not convinced by all of that myself. But I do think that either River is the astronaut and she kills the doctor later on in his timeline. OR That amy's child becomes the astronaut and uses time travel to manipulate the timelines after learning about it all in the future. Its possible that is also where the doctor's tardis went, she is using it against the silent.

As to the lodger tardis. I have a pretty good one about this. It is the Tardis, but one thats out sync with its own timeline. Which is why it couldnt materialise in the lodger, it would exist in the same period as itself. It killing people etc was a malfunction of it no longer having a timelord.

Another possibility is that its the valeyards tardis. As he was created between the 12th and 13 generation, and at least sometimes tardises also regenerate, it could just be another incarnation of the tardis at another point in history.

I think at some point the valeyard will appear, because were at the point where he should be created. This is the doctors 12th regeneration (the 10th used 2 remember, the hand still used the energy of regeneration even if he didnt change) So while we are on 11 doctors we are on 12 regeneration, so between this doctor and the doctor thats just been shot the valeyard has to be created.

sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

IF it is River in the Spacesuit, then that is VERY good writing and timing, because she was wearing a Space suit when D10 meets her for the first time, she is wearing a spacesuit the last time the Doctor ever see's her and she's wearing a space suit the first tie SHE ever sees the Doctor.

Timey wimey ..

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                    IF it is River in the Spacesuit, then that is VERY good writing and timing, because she was wearing a Space suit when D10 meets her for the first time, she is wearing a spacesuit the last time the Doctor ever see's her and she's wearing a space suit the first tie SHE ever sees the Doctor.Timey wimey ..

N.C
                    I don't think it's her personally especially from spoilers I've heard.

Comment

Is it just me, or does the lightning special effect that the Lodger time engine used to draw people to its console look really similar to the lightning effect that the Silent used to kill the woman in the White House's restroom?

Regarding those black figures hiding in The Big Bang, I know that black cloaked figures are pretty generic, but could be possibly be related to the black cloaked figures in this series 6 trailer at 0:05?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vIsQ25Krq8
                      Last edited by sparklegem; 24 April 2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomGate View Post
                        Considering that JFK was an extremely liberal Democrat and Nixon was a conservative Republican,[...] A Republican would not be an activist for social change like that because it would have infuriated his political base.
                        You're reading too much of 2011 politics into the late 60's. Remember, in the beginning the GOP was the "progressive" party, something that wasn't totally abandoned until Reagan.

JFK was a pretty mainline Democrat in many ways but with a progressive social bent, and while Nixon was a staunch anti-communist he was also sympathetic to federal programs to tackle the big issues of the day. In a sense, both were somewhat FDR types.

Comment

Fantastic episode, as most series age they usually run out of ideas and become lame, but dr who just seems to be heating up, i mean its so much better than what it was when the 2005 series started

As for Amy, im not sure if she is pregnant or not, or if she is i think it could be a result of the silence, did you not notice River had the exact same stomach pains towards the end?

And did anyone notice they looked abit Oodish? wonder if theres something to that

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                          IF it is River in the Spacesuit, then that is VERY good writing and timing, because she was wearing a Space suit when D10 meets her for the first time, she is wearing a spacesuit the last time the Doctor ever see's her and she's wearing a space suit the first tie SHE ever sees the Doctor.

Timey wimey ..

N.C
                          Ya know i always wondered if the doctor was the man she killed, but if so how would the people know that are holding her captive if it happened in 2011? unless she turned herself in?
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            I don't think it's her personally especially from spoilers I've heard.
                            Same, I have a very strong idea of who and what the spaceman is, if the synopsis i partly read is true, in fact Im almost positive, but I wont spoil it for people
                            PM me if you really want to know...

Comment

What did that Silence alien in the bathroom say to Amy? I can't remember and it was difficult to understand for me.
                              sigpic

Comment

Certainly.

Amy: Why did you have to kill her?

Silent: Joy. Her name was Joy. Your name is Amelia. You will tell the Doctor.

Amy: Tell him what?

Silent: What he must know. And what he must never know.

Amy: How do you know about that?

Silent: Tell him.

And just typing that I had a thought. What if

Spoiler:
                                the Silent can only kill you if it knows your name?

Comment

Working...
                                X