• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    Has the TARDIS been invisible or landed silently before
    End of Time he cloaked it

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post

Also wonder if the "Silence will Fall" that we've been hearing for what seems like forever, actually means "The Silence will Fall from power or grace" etc. etc. and not what we all assumed it meant.
    I like that.

I really hope we get to encounted Jim The Fish at some point, he sounds awesome. Though I am imagining Beta George from Angel.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I doubt the pregnancy is a 'whim' decision. I don't think Karen Gillan is pregnant in real life, so that makes it a deliberate plot point which will undoubtedly have some future payoff.
    I'm leaning heavily towards this being because the baby is River

Comment

It was a great episode, but now, I can't wait until "Day Of The Moon" where the Doctor is technically going to cross into the time line of his previous incarnation.

If you remember, back in "Blink", the Tenth Doctor and Martha went and saw the Moon landing live several times. Now, the Eleventh Doctor wants to see it. Wouldn't that cause a paradox, and seeing as how the Moff wrote both those episodes, leads me to think that he has a story device hidden up his sleeves.

Can't wait.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Also, why oh why did they not bring the Doctor his fez?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
          I'm leaning heavily towards this being because the baby is River
          Interesting. Not much to support it at this point IMO, but interesting just the same.

Originally posted by Billz View Post
          It was a great episode, but now, I can't wait until "Day Of The Moon" where the Doctor is technically going to cross into the time line of his previous incarnation.

If you remember, back in "Blink", the Tenth Doctor and Martha went and saw the Moon landing live several times. Now, the Eleventh Doctor wants to see it. Wouldn't that cause a paradox, and seeing as how the Moff wrote both those episodes, leads me to think that he has a story device hidden up his sleeves.

Can't wait.
          Nah. If the TARDIS can cloak, they could have visited the Moon landing as many times as they liked without ever being visible or interacting
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Definately one of the best series openers of all time.

So much awesome you can't write it down.

I'm certainly leaning towards the idea that the Silence are not the big bad from the series.

"Silence will fall" from the end of series 5 would imply that they are going to be defeated and that causes something even worse to occur. It is hard to say though. Either way it'l certainly be interesting.

One thing I can point out to everyone here.........stop trying to guess what's going to happen next...............ultimately you're almost surely going to be wrong.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              One thing I can point out to everyone here.........stop trying to guess what's going to happen next...............ultimately you're almost surely going to be wrong.
              Pfft. Where's the fun in that?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post

Can't wait.
                As long as he doesn't actually run into himself, he might be fine, and since the Eleventh will remember where he was each time he and Martha went to watch it he should be able to keep the group out of trouble. Besides, it may depend whether they're going to watch the launch, or the landing. There's about three days difference if I remember correctly.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Digi, I just meant Amy saying she was pregnant would be a silly plot point to add if it wasn't true. I just wouldn't make sense.

Comment

Awesome episode. Seriously looking forward to next week.

Just a few niggling issues from an American. They are probably on the level of "The buckles on the shoes of the guy in the opening sequence would not have been worn in that time period" (just an example to show how ridiculous my nigglings are - I really have no clue about historical shoes)

1. In 1969, there would not have been any dark skinned members of the Secret Service. (The guys that protect the President) Not only would there not have been any, but had there been any, they most certainly wouldn't have been in charge and speaking to the President directly. All I'm saying is that it's historically inaccurate and created a failure in suspension of disbelief for me - for about 30 seconds.

2. I can't imagine any possible reason why an empty school bus would be driving across the desert in the middle of nowhere to drop them off. It's not like one would be heading that way and they just caught a lift.

3. The weather in Utah in late April is a bit colder than the clothes they are wearing. With highs in the mid 50s F (13 C) and lows in the low 40s F (4 C) I think Rory might want to wear a bit more than short sleeves and short pants.

They DID get quite a bit right though. The Oval office looked very well done, and River was right that they would shoot him if they thought he was a threat.

I absolutely LOVED the episode though. I just nitpick everything.
                    The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Originally posted by BloomGate View Post

Just a few niggling issues from an American. They are probably on the level of "The buckles on the shoes of the guy in the opening sequence would not have been worn in that time period" (just an example to show how ridiculous my nigglings are - I really have no clue about historical shoes)

1. In 1969, there would not have been any dark skinned members of the Secret Service. (The guys that protect the President) Not only would there not have been any, but had there been any, they most certainly wouldn't have been in charge and speaking to the President directly. All I'm saying is that it's historically inaccurate and created a failure in suspension of disbelief for me - for about 30 seconds.

2. I can't imagine any possible reason why an empty school bus would be driving across the desert in the middle of nowhere to drop them off. It's not like one would be heading that way and they just caught a lift.

3. The weather in Utah in late April is a bit colder than the clothes they are wearing. With highs in the mid 50s F (13 C) and lows in the low 40s F (4 C) I think Rory might want to wear a bit more than short sleeves and short pants.

They DID get quite a bit right though. The Oval office looked very well done, and River was right that they would shoot him if they thought he was a threat.

Lol, I do that with other shows
                      Didnt really care though in Doctor Who, but I didnt think of those lol

Comment

I did raise an eyebrow at the Secret Service agent myself actually...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Rory's English.. 13 C is a warm summer day here

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Pfft. Where's the fun in that?
                            You're not here to have fun. You're here to sit quietly in the corner and wait for next weekend like a good Whovian.

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            I did raise an eyebrow at the Secret Service agent myself actually...
                            I swear the makers of Doctor Who do so enjoy doing things like that. I mean I really liked the agent. but it's just historically it's a bit off. But that's kinda good. It's kinda good to have something as silly as Doctor who give the finger to past faults such as racism.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post

I'll let Darren know he can close the forum..

If we're not going to discuss the episode and come up with theories about what we think could happen next then what's the point of being here?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                                Rory's English.. 13 C is a warm summer day here
                                I hear ya. I live in Chicago and try not to put on my actual winter parka until it gets to about 10 F (-12 C) because if you start wearing it too soon, when it hits -20 F (-29 C) you're really gong to feel the cold.

I was really waiting for someone to tell me that he can handle it because he's still part Auton.
                                The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Working...
                                X