The Impossible Astronaut (3201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Ok - seriously guys, this has been asked twice in this thread and no one has picked up on it.

Where on Earth has it actually been stated that these MIB creatures are 'The Silence' or is this all just fanon!?
    Besides being pretty heavily implied just in how they interact with humans, Marnix Van Den Broeke is credited in the end credits as "The Silent".
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

One of my favourite bits was when Nixon and Canton noticed the doctor in the oval office and he just continued writing in his pad, that was an lol moment for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        Spoiler:
        Looks like you have one of the same theories I do about River. I remember she told the Doctor that she killed "a good man." One of the episode titles for series 6 is "A Good Man Goes to War." I don't think that's a coincidence and I'm certain that "good man" refers to the Doctor.
        I disagree, that's the OBVIOUS answer and Moffat doesnt do obvious. The good man is NOT The Doctor.

Comment

I've finally calmed down enough after last night's episode to write something that doesn't involve loads of OMGs!!! and *Squeee!!*

I loved LOVED it! Steve Moffat you are a genius!

Fave bits

- The Doctor being in a Laurel & Hardy film
          - The Doctor & River comparing matching diaries, though I think the Doctors has the seal of Rassilon on the cover.
          - Easter Island! I'd love to see Jim the Fish.
          - I did not suspect it would be the Doctor who died in a million years. My money was on Amy.
          - Doctor/River flirting
          - the Silent. Really creepy! My daughter hid behind a cushion while watching it & even then I had trouble getting her off to sleep last night.
          - Love the idea that you can't remember them if you can't see them.
          - River's talk with Rory was so touching. That it will kill her when the Doctor can no longer remember her. Poor River!

And so many wonderful quotes!!

- "She's doing it again. Doctor Song sir, She's packing.".
          - "I just had to get my special straw"
          - "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no-one to stand around looking impressed. What's the point in having you all?"
          - "Ohhh this is the Oval office, I was looking for the...Oblong office."
          - "The legs, the nose & Mrs Robinson"
          - River (In the TARDIS): "I hate him." The Doctor (outside on the floor): "You don't!"
          - "So you've got a blue box that travels through time and space, how long have Scotland Yard had one of those?!'
          - "I'm quite the Screamer. Now there's a spoiler for you...." (Moff you norty man!!)
          - "...and Doctor Song, you've got that face on again" "What face?" "The 'hes hot when he is clever face'." "This is my normal face" "Yes it is"
          - The Doctor & River flirt. Canton: "So, what's going on?" The Doctor: We're just friends!" Rory: "...I think he's talking about the possible alien incursion."
          - "Nice wheels."
          - "Brave heart, Canton" (Nice nod to Five there, I thought)

So excellent episode. I'm giving it a personal 9/10.

I'm so looking forward to next week!!
          Last edited by Blencathra; 24 April 2011, 03:14 AM.

Comment

While discussing the Silents with mum, she noted how they held a resemblance to Edvard Munch's "The Scream" painting.

Really random fan theory now...Could Munch have seen and painted a Silent?
            If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
            sigpic

Comment

Really good episode, I'm just trying to figure out looking at the screencaps if the astronaut could be one of the main cast, but there's only the lips as reference.

What do you guys think?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                Ok - seriously guys, this has been asked twice in this thread and no one has picked up on it.

Where on Earth has it actually been stated that these MIB creatures are 'The Silence' or is this all just fanon!?
                Well, they have been named the Silence on the BBC website and Moffat confirmed we would see them in these episodes so im pretty confident they are.

Also, just watched this episode again and the trailer for next weeks episode, it looks like the Silence dont have reflections in mirrors.

@ Sg1_fan - I was trying to get a good shot of when the astronaut lifted its helmet, but I think thats probably the best we will get. From looking at the line that could be the lips, I dont think its any of the main characters, but they may not even be lips
                Last edited by Teddybrown; 24 April 2011, 04:29 AM.

Comment

I don't think too much emphasis should be put on the pic of the astronaut. On DW Confidential they showed that it was the stunt man who was inside the suit.

I've been wondering if the Silents and the Silence are two separate things.

Comment

OK here is something to beat the silence , well at least their forgeto-thing (maybe they are related to weeping angels , considering that they involve something seeing them ) .

Ok my solution , radios , just communicate trow then when they see something strange .
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      I don't think too much emphasis should be put on the pic of the astronaut. On DW Confidential they showed that it was the stunt man who was inside the suit.

I've been wondering if the Silents and the Silence are two separate things.
                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ch...rs/The_Silence

Thats the Doctor Who character page for The Silence
                      That kinda confirms that these guys are The Silence, havent heard of the Silents

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Besides being pretty heavily implied just in how they interact with humans, Marnix Van Den Broeke is credited in the end credits as "The Silent".
                        ^
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Alright, hands in the air, you're all right.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Lol, I just read a bit too much of a spoiler someone posted in the series 6 speculation thread and now know who is actually in the space suit
                            Oh well, stopped reading as soon as I realised the synopsis was going into part 2, but I do now know who the spaceman is. And a little of what happens in Part 2

Comment

Very good episode, I didn't like the first 20 mins found it a bit boring but when they got to where the girl was calling from I started to enjoy it a lot. I am not a 'massive' fan so I didn't get most of the references to other episodes.

200 years is a long time so maybe this is actually the death of the Doctor but that would mean smith has to play the Doctor for ages or DW is coming to an end.

I thought Amy was getting sick because of the silence thing but it does seem a silly plot point to add on a whim.

Overall very good stuff.

Comment

I doubt the pregnancy is a 'whim' decision. I don't think Karen Gillan is pregnant in real life, so that makes it a deliberate plot point which will undoubtedly have some future payoff.

Comment

Working...
                                X