No announcement yet.

The Vampires of Venice (3106/506)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved how it all played it out, the final scenario was... in a manner of speaking, tragic. there wasn't a single woman left in the species, save for the mother, who was permanently locked resembling a human - her fate had been sealed, and the entire fate of the species, before it even ended; her plan ruined, her species would die out. thousands of men but not a single woman does not produce spawn. there would be no next generation.

With nothing left, she commits suicide. By leaping into the pool, to be devoured by her own, ignorant children - the species did not die a quick death, no, it would starve and be lost within the generation - as the generation fades out, so do they. As the mother said "An entire species for one city".

Comment

i watch this today and i agree with u. to bad she didn't think to give the girls to them then sink the city then if by change her plan did go down hill her children could have started over.

the doctor wouldn't let them yes it was 1 city but for how long i mean do u really think that once they have alot of numbers they wouldn't go to other citys and other country's until the world was theirs. because thats what every other alien race wanted yea they were only thinking one city but it only takes one of her children to get the idea and find out how to do it then not only is history changed but the whole earth is
      sigpic

Comment

Just finished the "Vampire episode" and while entertaining it didn't really grab me as such. Though I did like all the girls with their "teeth" accessories. It was good but on the whole not as good as it could have been. The ending felt rushed a bit.

I had a slight sorry feeling for the female alien at the end, as if surely the Doctor could have taken them all somewhere like a water planet to live.... Would that really have been so hard? Instead he lets a whole race die in the canals of Venice... Won't their bodies decay and be found by future humans contaminating the timeline?

The girls in their "vampire" getup were hot.....

And what was it with the sudden silence as they enter the TARDIS? That felt very ominous.

My favourite line came from Amy.

"I have my spaceship and my boys"
        Last edited by Coco Pops; 24 May 2010, 07:36 PM.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
          to be fair it's not so simple in this case, they needed human women not just a new planet
          Why do they need human women they're aliens.... They could have used alien women too. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
            I didn't really feel this episode, I'm not the biggest fan of Rory (Mickey was so much better), which I'm sure is part of it, but still something felt off. Also it was the first time I found myself missing Tennent, not because of Matt but because the tenth Doctor could have found a far less depressing conclusion. Every single episode he would offer the bad guys one trip to an uninhabited world where they could live their lives without killing more humans, and I reckon these space fish probably would have taken it.

I suspect this Doctor is going to get a whole lot darker........ I think there's a bit of that "waters of mars" darkness still inside him and it will get a lot darker.

Comment

Hey wont' all those dead alien bodies contaminate history?

Comment

i don't know maybe not
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  I suspect this Doctor is going to get a whole lot darker........ I think there's a bit of that "waters of mars" darkness still inside him and it will get a lot darker.
                  I think the Doctor's always got darkness inside him. Lots of it. If fully unleashed the Doctor's darkness could quite easily consume him and turn him into beings like the Valeyard / the Dream Lord. If he ended up like him / them he would be totally unrecognisable as the Doctor we all know. I can't speak for others but I certainly don't see anything of the Doctor I know in the Valeyard / the Dream Lord.

Lets be thankful that he keeps a tight lid on that darkness...but I don't think its ever not too far from the surface ready to rear its ugly head again. I doubt we've seen the last of it...or the physical manifestation of it as the the Valeyard / the Dream Lord either.
                  Last edited by Alan; 25 May 2010, 05:10 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

i agree alan i think his seen to much and done so much. because of this the darkness grows as the loss he has grows and the loneness could of consumed him if it was not for him gaining new companions.

i agree he does seem to keep a tight lid on it tho i pity the universe if the doctor ever gave in to the darkness for i think he is one that u do not ever want to go dark.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hm, definitely the weak link in the show so far. Still good though.

4/5
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

i liked it it was great to see the doctor himself save the day. instead of someone else.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

About contaminating the timeline: this is 15th century Europe. Any strange bodies in the water that they found would be described as Sea Monsters and the human world would laugh it off as being some remnant of the Dark Ages coming from a city that had isolated itself from the rest of the world. And unless their bodies lasted particularly long after death (lets assume they go bad as quickly as fish does), they would start to decompose fairly quickly.

So even if they found a body, somewhere, and it floated, (as they have feet it's safe to say they walk on the bottom of the water as well as swim, so them even floating could be up for discussion) they couldn't very well bring it places and say "Aha! Here it is!"

Comment

"Get your hands off me... Carlo."

That line, and indeed that entire scene, is one of Matt Smith's best performances as the Doctor.

Ever since the past series aired I've maintained that the Eleventh Doctor is such a bada*s, in a way previous Doctors haven't been with as much consistency. "Basically run" from Eleventh Hour. "One thing you never put in a trap" from Time of Angels. "Get your hands off me" from Vampires of Venice. "Let somebody else try first" from Pandorica Opens. "I've killed all of them" from the Series 6 trailer.

For me, the Tenth Doctor's comparable moments are few and far between. You've got the six words from Christmas Invasion, "my planet is far away and long since gone" from Runaway Bride, and "look me up" from Forest of the Dead, but other than that I draw a blank.
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                              "Get your hands off me... Carlo."

That line, and indeed that entire scene, is one of Matt Smith's best performances as the Doctor.

Ever since the past series aired I've maintained that the Eleventh Doctor is such a bada*s, in a way previous Doctors haven't been with as much consistency. "Basically run" from Eleventh Hour. "One thing you never put in a trap" from Time of Angels. "Get your hands off me" from Vampires of Venice. "Let somebody else try first" from Pandorica Opens. "I've killed all of them" from the Series 6 trailer.

For me, the Tenth Doctor's comparable moments are few and far between. You've got the six words from Christmas Invasion, "my planet is far away and long since gone" from Runaway Bride, and "look me up" from Forest of the Dead, but other than that I draw a blank.

You know I really do agree with that..... Matt Smith's Doctor in "The Pandorica Opens" Is just so badass telling all the aliens to basically "shut up"

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                You know I really do agree with that..... Matt Smith's Doctor in "The Pandorica Opens" Is just so badass telling all the aliens to basically "shut up"
                                I adore that entire speech. I love the little details about it; that Matt Smith plays some lines "drunk", some of his physical nuances, and the music that plays after it being both triumphant and magical-sounding.
                                sigpic
                                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                                X