No announcement yet.

The Vampires of Venice (3106/506)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this episode was shockingly poor. The only good thing about it, were the hot girls, and the Doctors comical lines.

The special effects, script, and general episode was complete crap in my opinion. Other than the Weeping Angels, I can't say this new season has grabbed ahold of me just yet. I'm actually disappointed with much of it.

I think Matt does a good job as the Doctor, I just think the director (who is new) needs a slap.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      I really enjoyed this epsiode... it was good to see an episode that was a little more light hearted... matt smith is really good at the funny stuff.. like the whole thing that he likes when they say its bigger on the inside...
      I think Matt Smith is great at everything that makes the Doctor the man he is...but I do agree with you on the part in this story where he says that he likes it when new people on the TARDIS comment on it being bigger on the inside. One of many funny moments in The Vampires of Venice.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I'm finding this whole season to be much funnier than previous ones - and yet it doesn't remotely detract from the horror or the tragedy or the drama, if anything it enhances it. I think Steven Moffat is a very witty writer, but Toby Whithouse is a close second (I have to admit, I do enjoy Being Human, largely for the same humour - the supernatural stuff is largely incidental to me). Some of the Doctor's lines in Vampires of Venice were excellent and had excellent delivery by Matt Smith, who's got great comedic timing.

The thing at Rory's stag do was great, and as with so many other instances since the first minute of The Eleventh Hour, it also showed that the Doctor (especially this Doctor) is definitely an alien.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Best episode of the "season" thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
            the tenth Doctor could have found a far less depressing conclusion. Every single episode he would offer the bad guys one trip to an uninhabited world where they could live their lives without killing more humans, and I reckon these space fish probably would have taken it.
            to be fair it's not so simple in this case, they needed human women not just a new planet

Comment

Human women, or females of any species? Though I can't imagine many females volunteering to become the "wife" of ten thousand fish aliens, even if they do have perception filters and could all look like Jason Momoa.

Actually I take that back. Where do I sign up?

Comment

Ten was prepared to offer the chance even after innocents had already died (The Christmas Invasion and School Reunion both come to mind off the top of my head, he was even prepared to allow the new Daleks to go to an uninhabited world in Evolution of the Daleks) if it meant the loss of further life on both sides.

Hmm, actually thinking about it, in the Beast Below, Eleven
                Spoiler:
                was prepared to allow the people of Starship UK to continue even after he would have killed the Starwhale,
                how is this any different?

It's my big flaw with the episode really, I just can't see the Doctor taking them to a new world with the women they already had.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                  Ten was prepared to offer the chance even after innocents had already died (The Christmas Invasion and School Reunion both come to mind off the top of my head, he was even prepared to allow the new Daleks to go to an uninhabited world in Evolution of the Daleks) if it meant the loss of further life on both sides.

Hmm, actually thinking about it, in the Beast Below, Eleven
                  Spoiler:
                  was prepared to allow the people of Starship UK to continue even after he would have killed the Starwhale,
                  how is this any different?

It's my big flaw with the episode really, I just can't see the Doctor taking them to a new world with the women they already had.
                  I think that sometimes the doctor does far more purely based on a whim and how he was feeling at the time. He was already ticked off at the fish vampires so while he was sad that they all died at the end, he didn't really think he would be until it actuallly happend. Sometimes he gets so angry that he doesn't see beyond it until it's too late.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    Lol. The Universe is collapsing because Amy kissed The Doctor then?

One hell of a kiss...................
                    Could be that. Could also be the Doctor crash landing in Amy's garden when she was small.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                      Could be that. Could also be the Doctor crash landing in Amy's garden when she was small.
                      well yeah if you're gonna be scientific about it.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Bit of a nothing episode this. I am really not feeling this Doctor yet.
                        sigpic
                        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                        Metal gear fan

Comment

I thought we didn't see a crack either but during the second watch I noticed this right after the Doctor turned off the machine thing.

Spoiler:

I think that's somewhat the same shape as the other cracks, though not exactly, and the light effect is the same... I wonder if it is one, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                            I thought we didn't see a crack either but during the second watch I noticed this right after the Doctor turned off the machine thing.

I think that's somewhat the same shape as the other cracks, though not exactly, and the light effect is the same... I wonder if it is one, though...
                            Nice find. It very well could be. I thought that the crack in this particular story was the actual TARDIS lock and that's why we zoomed in to it at the end.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              I enjoyed it too. It wasn't a Moffat sweeping epic....
                              Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              That would be because Moffat didn't write it
                              Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              I'm very much well aware he didn't write this episode, guy. I meant it a "it wasn't a Moffat episode, and it showed, but it was still good".
                              Sorry I misunderstood, thought you meant it wasn't a Moffat classic rather than as good as a Moffat classic.

Comment

Tonight's episode is going to be a interesting one.
                                C.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X