No announcement yet.

The Time of Angels (3104/504)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my favorite episode of this season so far. The Angels were always my favorite DW monster since I saw Blink.

I'm glad they made River more of a enigma here. It makes me question if their future relationship is as squeaky clean nice as she makes it seem.

I'm kinda hoping Amy turns into an angel somehow (and that is the reason why the Doctor tells her not to open her eyes in the preview, and not only just to seal in the Angel?)
    sigpic

Comment

a army of weeping angels ...sweet

loved this ep. and yay for 2 parters
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

My little sister thinks the Weeping Angels are Time Lords who were convicted of a crime.....thats a crazy idea? It sounds cool but.....sounds a little unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          My little sister thinks the Weeping Angels are Time Lords who were convicted of a crime.....thats a crazy idea? It sounds cool but.....sounds a little unlikely.
          Thought the same thing honestly. Weeping Angels could be the result of Time Lord ascension and could explain why they've always been around and why Time Lords pose as them in shame. Plus that whole pesky sending people back in time thing.

I also find it funny so many people complained about the advert for Graham Norton. It's obvious they did it on purpose because the first thing most Dr. Who viewers do when the show ends is switch to BBC3 for Confidential. Thankfully it didn't happen on BBC1 NI, so I never saw the annoying ad.

sigpic

Comment

I wonder who the 'madman' who wrote the book is/was/will be?
            Last edited by PMN1; 26 April 2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              A concept which was certainly hinted at in the End of Time.
              Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
              I wonder who the 'madman' who wrote the book is/was/will be?
              I think its the Doctor, i.e. the 'Madman with a box' already established in the Eleventh Hour. If so Moffat will probably reveal another simple paradox at the climax of the episode.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

OK is there anyone who didn't like the episode? I think I'll just add to the chorus of voices praising this ep, I mean I found the first 3 eps of the season very enjoyable, but this ep was seriously good. I cannot wait for next week.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                  OK is there anyone who didn't like the episode? I think I'll just add to the chorus of voices praising this ep, I mean I found the first 3 eps of the season very enjoyable, but this ep was seriously good. I cannot wait for next week.
                  I don't know how you CAN'T like this episode... its just waaay too epic.

Comment

My step son didn't like it one bit, thought it was dull and boring and completly devoid of anything! I have wondered if we were watching the same episode, but hey.
                    On a side note, the only bit I was a bit "oh yeah where have I seen that before" was the church being the army, which is a direct rip off from the novel endyimon by dan simmons, right down to the leader being the father.....great idea but felt a little cheated - probably didn't help that I am reading it right now...
                    other than that had some great lines, hope the second part isn't the end of River, cause she is brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                      I don't know how you CAN'T like this episode... its just waaay too epic.
                      Yep :nods: and I am always happy, when I see the whole fandom harmoniously agreeing on an episode. I haven't read any bad reviews, reactions posts or similar for this episode.
                      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                        Yep :nods: and I am always happy, when I see the whole fandom harmoniously agreeing on an episode. I haven't read any bad reviews, reactions posts or similar for this episode.
                        Actually I can't remember the last time a fandom was so harmonious about anything. SGU and Caprica certainly don't have so little debate on an ep.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Actually I can't remember the last time a fandom was so harmonious about anything. SGU and Caprica certainly don't have so little debate on an ep.
                          I can't speak for anybody else, but I know that personally, it's episodes like this that made me really excited when I learned Steven Moffat was taking over. I can't think of a single thing I didn't like. It was:

Funny, witty, dark, light, clever, action-packed, scary, inventive, engrossing, enigmatic, informative, well acted, bubbling with chemistry, exceedingly well written and probably such a high point the rest of the series will have a hard time comparing to it.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Looks like someone in the Doctor Who CGI effects team still misses Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant.
                            Spoiler:
                            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              Thought the same thing honestly. Weeping Angels could be the result of Time Lord ascension and could explain why they've always been around and why Time Lords pose as them in shame. Plus that whole pesky sending people back in time thing.
                              Ah, well then lets say I was lying when I said it was unlikely. I love the idea mainly for it appearing as long after they are gone the Time Lords left many things lying around.

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                              I also find it funny so many people complained about the advert for Graham Norton. It's obvious they did it on purpose because the first thing most Dr. Who viewers do when the show ends is switch to BBC3 for Confidential. Thankfully it didn't happen on BBC1 NI, so I never saw the annoying ad.
                              Yeah, I saw a video on that. IMO I'm surprised Graham Norton is as popular as he is, I don't think he is too funny then again I have no clue what he is talking about half the time as it appears to mostly make fun of stuff going on around the area.

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                              A concept which was certainly hinted at in the End of Time.
                              Indeed, thats where my sister...and eventually me came up with that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                                Looks like someone in the Doctor Who CGI effects team still misses Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant.
                                I did notice that little error actually.
                                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                                X